NYC Physical Therapy Assit College Programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Norma in New York, New York

25 months ago

Hi,
I was just wondering did anybody get into Laguadia Comm Coll Physical Therapy Program or LIU?

Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Desiree in Woodhaven, New York

25 months ago

Norma in New York, New York said: Hi,
I was just wondering did anybody get into Laguadia Comm Coll Physical Therapy Program or LIU?

Thank You

Hey Norma, I attend LAGCC and have already applied for candidacy this fall. I hope I get in, although I think I should as I have 4.0GPA right now and only one more class to complete. Are you thinking of attending Laguardia?

25 months ago

Hi Desiree,
Yes, I have cleared all my pre-reqs except Physiology. Which I will reg for Spring 2013. I heard it's a monster of a class, but my calender is clear to attack it. I looking forward to the challenge!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Hi Again,
Any pointers on how to survive the Physiology and Anatomy course at LaGuardia?

I would greatly appreciate your comments!

Thank You

Norma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

physical therapy billing software in Providence, Utah

25 months ago

hi, thanks for nice share i am very very happy to read your post in this forum. if you share many of share like that, we will be glad to know your post. again thanks for nice post share. for physical therapy billing software please visit here- www.medigraphsoftware.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yes, Norma there are some pointers. I have finals coming up for A&P next week. Most important thing you want to do is study study study! (obviously) But really I would suggest going to the E-312 study hall and start familiarizing yourself with bones because that is your first practical. Then you have muscles, and then blood vessels, cells, and respiratory system on the final. The good thing is you can start getting acquainted with these by going to google and typing in "E-312 study hall laguardia" There are helpful videos that have tutors who run through everything you need to know when it comes time for practicals.

Also, I would suggest using quizlet.com. I can not tell you enough how much this website has helped me. I just create flashcards online that you can organize and share with other classmates. The cool thing is you can use different features or games that help you memorize all the terms and concepts you need to know from your lectures. I can not live without it. I use it all the time. And you can take your flashcards with you on your ipod/ipad/android etc.. a life saver.

Also, don't have friends! haha. jk. (kind of) No, but seriously if you just study everything you are taught extensively and understand the concepts completely you will do fine. Just always study and know the information because you want to not because you have to

24 months ago

Also, I noticed that most people fail the first quiz/exam when taking A&P and it's because it deals with a chemistry that is needed before actually doing lecture on Anatomy and Physiology. So, to avoid this, start going over and familiarizing yourself with basic elements of the period table, atomic mass/#, chemical bondings, Polyatomic Ions, Buffer systems, Acids and Bases. Then, you will need to know the basics of organic chemistry. So, know that you will expect, organic compounds, different mono,di,polysaccharides(sugars), lipids(fats), and proteins(amino acids). I was literally looking at my first notes when i wrote that.

There are some aspects that you can start preparing for but other will just need to be taught to you in class. If someone told me the above info I needed to know before I entered the class, I would not know where to start. But at least you know what to expect.

24 months ago

Also, try to take A&P with Dr. Aguirre. He is great! I am taking him during the six-week session that is coming up for A&P 2. It's going to be a killer but it has to be done!

I am taking Dr. Kendall right now. He is a great professor and explains everything so clearly! The only thing is, he likes (enjoys?) making the tests so tricky! I had to work so hard for an A in his class. Had it been another professor, I think I would have had more leg room, but probably would not have learned as much.

Let me know if you ever need anything. (notes, tests, study...etc)I love to help! I am always there in the E-atrium studying. :)

24 months ago

Hi Desiree!,
Thank You so much! This s HUGE help. I will start studying now!
Good luck on yr finals!

Br/Norma

24 months ago

OMG Desiree! You are the best.
Thank You so much for everything!!!!!!!!
Br/Norma

24 months ago

No Problem!! I hope to see you soon!

devine power in Buffallo

24 months ago

Here is a nice article on Physical therapy assistant colleges in New York.
It has all the information about career stats as well physical therapist assistant information.
www.iphysicaltherapist.net/Physical-Therapist-Assistant-schools.html
Hope it helps!

C_Green in Astoria, New York

23 months ago

I just graduated from the PTA program at LAGCC once you get into the program, you'll realize how easy SCB 203 and 204 were. Good luck to everyone trying to get into the program, the teachers and the program are wonderful!

23 months ago

C-Green CONGRATULATIONS on graduating! I just found out today that I made the program! I had my advisement with Dr. Chan. He is great! I am really excited!

L Gargano in Little Neck, New York

23 months ago

For all those who are interested in PTA education, do you know that there is funding available from the NYS Health Worker Retraining Initiative awarded to the Southern New York Association for people who may be eligible for funding toward educational expenses? We are on campus weekly and are in our corporate offices in Manhattan. Our website is www.snya.org.
Please contact us if you are interested in finding out if you are eligible.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.