PAY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

alma cavazos in Texas

64 months ago

I AM A PTA IN SOUTH TEXAS AND OUR PAY IS GOOD. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT THE PAY IN TWIN FALLS,IDAHO TO BE??? I HAVE 20 YRS. EXPERIENCE AND AM CURRENTLY D0ING CONTRACT HOME HEALTH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aphex in Falls Church, Virginia

64 months ago

alma cavazos in Texas said: I AM A PTA IN SOUTH TEXAS AND OUR PAY IS GOOD. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT THE PAY IN TWIN FALLS,IDAHO TO BE??? I HAVE 20 YRS. EXPERIENCE AND AM CURRENTLY D0ING CONTRACT HOME HEALTH.

How good is the pay in South Texas?

I live in VA and the average rate is around $30/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

alma cavazos in Texas

64 months ago

Aphex, Home health pay is $65/visit. When doing home health visits many PTA's will do up to 8-even 10 per day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

alma cavazos in Texas said: Aphex, Home health pay is $65/visit. When doing home health visits many PTA's will do up to 8-even 10 per day.

Hi Alma,

Are you serious? That means you can make up to $650/day, if you do 10 visit/day.
That is alot of money. I'm still a PTA student, but I hope that I can make that much one day.

How many years of experience do you need to make that kind of money?

How much time does it take to do 8 visits? How much time is each visit?

Don't you waste alot of time driving between homes?

~Ashraf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois

64 months ago

a session of home health is like an hour long. But lots of home health PTA's i know are bad bad bad and should be fired and have their license's removed because they do nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois said: a session of home health is like an hour long. But lots of home health PTA's i know are bad bad bad and should be fired and have their license's removed because they do nothing.

Would you please elaborate? Why are they bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alma cavazos in Texas

64 months ago

Obviously those PTA's are unethical. I guess some PTA's choose quantity over quality.

alma cavazos in Texas

64 months ago

Aphex, experience had nothing to do with home health visits. That is simply the going rate down here. A visit does take about an hour and how long it takes to drive depends on the srea that u choose to work in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

alma cavazos in Texas said: Aphex, experience had nothing to do with home health visits. That is simply the going rate down here. A visit does take about an hour and how long it takes to drive depends on the srea that u choose to work in.

Thank you for the info.

Ashraf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Palm Coast, Florida

63 months ago

I was offered 120K in Texas for a Home Health Agency and I'm a PTA with 17 yrs. experience. I never went into PT for the money, because the salaries weren't that great when I graduated. Being money driven is fine as long as you give quality care. I look at each person as this could be my own family and for what we pay in healthcare(and greed is why)it's because of unethical people driven by a buck. When you're good at something, money will come to you without trying. I'm so sick of hearing these new grads asking where can I make the most money. I work with a new grad and he is absolutely about making a buck, it's really sad and we'll all pay for it in the long run. Don't worry, socialized medical care is on it's way and you won't have to worry about high salaries anymore. Try getting some experience first. It's scary when I think of what kind of students these schools are accepting. This is directed at those people, not directed at the ones I know will truly make a difference in the field of therapy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

btmt in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

mind me asking what is PTA?

btmt in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

never mind thankyou

Nat in Mcallen, Texas

61 months ago

How much is the pay for PTA in south texas? is it more than for OTA? n why?

steve Leamy in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

How can some one really , in good conscience do 10 visits a day and doa good job. it's a disservice to the patient and the profession

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steve Leamy in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

alma cavazos in Texas said: Obviously those PTA's are unethical. I guess some PTA's choose quantity over quality.

ARe you a PTA

alma cavazos in Texas

59 months ago

yes

alma cavazos in Texas

59 months ago

It can be done if you work at least 10 hours and your patients don't live far from each other.

Corey in Holland, Michigan

51 months ago

Mawunya in Edmonton, Alberta said: I have a Rehabilitation Assistant Certificate which consists of Physical Therapy Assistant(PTA), Occupational Therapy Assistant(OTA) and Recreational Therapy Assistant(RTA)in British Columbia Canada. I have 15 years experience working as a Physical Therapy Assisant. I make about $43,000.00 Canadian/year. Now, my question is will I be able to transfer my certificate and experience to the States and find a good job without going back to school?

I am hoping to settle in the Washington DC or Texas area.

Your responses will be much appreciated.

God Bless.

Mawunya,

Check www.apta.org there should be contact information for you to get the correct answer you are looking for. This is the site for the American Physical Therapy Association. I hope it helps.

moonsorrow in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

51 months ago

Getting paid per visit in home health is wrong for a number of reasons. All this does is force PTA's to keep seeing patients longer than they medically need in order to bump their paycheck. In the back of the therapists mind is always to see more people which affects their driving, documenting, etc. Hardly a therapist is satisfied with their pay, so they will always be looking to see more patients & that is why Alma wrote some are seeing 10 a day.
Sad that home health is going the way of skilled nursing. I say this as a PTA doing a travel assignment in skilled nursing. Once my contract ends I'm done with snf, period.

51 months ago

moonsorrow in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: Getting paid per visit in home health is wrong for a number of reasons. All this does is force PTA's to keep seeing patients longer than they medically need in order to bump their paycheck. In the back of the therapists mind is always to see more people which affects their driving, documenting, etc. Hardly a therapist is satisfied with their pay, so they will always be looking to see more patients & that is why Alma wrote some are seeing 10 a day.
Sad that home health is going the way of skilled nursing. I say this as a PTA doing a travel assignment in skilled nursing. Once my contract ends I'm done with snf, period.

I'm trying to figure out what you are trying to say!

moonsorrow in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

51 months ago

Don't let yourself be driven by money or let employers do this to you. That is what I'm trying to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

moonsorrow in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: Don't let yourself be driven by money or let employers do this to you. That is what I'm trying to say.

Today was my first day in my first clinical affiliation in an outpatient ortho clinic, and my CI saw over 30 patients in less than 8 hours. So I guess it's not just home-care or SNF, it's the nature of the business. It's natural to be driven by money. What's wrong with that? I mean at least in home-care you get paid per visit so you are compensated fairly for whatever number of patients you choose to see, but in SNF and outpatient, you have a fixed salary and they can abuse PTAs all they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

toby in Spring Hill, Florida

46 months ago

Barbara in Palm Coast, Florida said: I was offered 120K in Texas for a Home Health Agency and I'm a PTA with 17 yrs. experience. I never went into PT for the money, because the salaries weren't that great when I graduated. Being money driven is fine as long as you give quality care. I look at each person as this could be my own family and for what we pay in healthcare(and greed is why)it's because of unethical people driven by a buck. When you're good at something, money will come to you without trying. I'm so sick of hearing these new grads asking where can I make the most money. I work with a new grad and he is absolutely about making a buck, it's really sad and we'll all pay for it in the long run. Don't worry, socialized medical care is on it's way and you won't have to worry about high salaries anymore. Try getting some experience first. It's scary when I think of what kind of students these schools are accepting. This is directed at those people, not directed at the ones I know will truly make a difference in the field of therapy!

You must not value your license in most states a PTA is an associate degree however you must make it into the program first. Then if you are accepted have to attend m-f + prerequisites which in my opinion is more time consuming,costly and harder than earning any average bachelor degree. Your work is not guaranteed sometimes you busy sometimes your not. To make the top dollar you must work in large cities border line slum areas. And if you decide to work in home health be ready to fight traffic high risk of being in an accident not to mention the sexual harassment that some therapist have to experience from patients, and further more the wear and tear of you vehicle, missed visits ext. See I rather be a doctor where I could see you for 3-5 min. and no one complains. Just remember being a PTA is not free money like some would have you believe in fact most therapist do not retire at old age. Do you research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska

46 months ago

Interesting.

Gringote susio in Miami, United States minor outlying islands

43 months ago

Mawunya in Edmonton, Alberta said: I have a Rehabilitation Assistant Certificate which consists of Physical Therapy Assistant(PTA), Occupational Therapy Assistant(OTA) and Recreational Therapy Assistant(RTA)in British Columbia Canada. I have 15 years experience working as a Physical Therapy Assisant. I make about $43,000.00 Canadian/year. Now, my question is will I be able to transfer my certificate and experience to the States and find a good job without going back to school?

I am hoping to settle in the Washington DC or Texas area.

Your responses will be much appreciated.

God Bless.

did you ever get any info on working in the states with Canadian Credentials? I just finished a RTA Diploma Program in British Columbia and I would like to move back to Florida where I am originally from. Any info you can give me on this topic would be a great help.

Thanks

jmsvs1984 in bayside, New York

18 months ago

moonsorrow in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: Don't let yourself be driven by money or let employers do this to you. That is what I'm trying to say.

Everyone is driven by money, money is what feeds our families, gives shelter, clothes, etc. Without it, the world would not function and we would live in chaos.
This is not to say that a person shouldnt be ethical, ethics and quality of care should accompany being well compensated for ones job

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.