PTA in Arizona

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

selopez in Phoenix, Arizona

42 months ago

Is there anyone who has attended either Carrington or Gateway community college for the PTA program? If so how did you like the program? I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Future PTA in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

I left the Phoenix area and moved out of state so I wouldn't have to attend either one of those programs. Between Gateway's three year wait and private for-profit schools with substandard education, there really is no good choice for PTA school in the Phoenix metro area. If you want to stay in state, Mohave in Lake Havasu has a program that seems ok (but is way overpriced, still probably cheaper than the two you mentioned though and at least you'll get a respectable public education).

I personally just decided that entering the job market with a degree from Carrington or Gateway just wasn't likely to be a good long-term decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Selopez in Mesa, Arizona

42 months ago

Where school did you end up going to?

Thank you for responding and letting me know how you felt regarding these 2 schools. A 3 year wait is a very long time and Carrington is way too expensive.

Future PTA in Seattle, Washington

42 months ago

If you are mobile, what I would do is get a list together of schools that match the prereqs you already have and that you might have a good chance to get into, then apply there. Moving out of Phoenix was a good decision for me, although I understand why some people can't do it Phoenix is not the greatest place to start a PTA career.

katty82 in Chandler, Arizona

30 months ago

Selopez,
Did you finally pursue PTA course ?

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

29 months ago

Future PTA in Seattle, Washington said: If you are mobile, what I would do is get a list together of schools that match the prereqs you already have and that you might have a good chance to get into, then apply there. Moving out of Phoenix was a good decision for me, although I understand why some people can't do it Phoenix is not the greatest place to start a PTA career.

How's PTA school going for you? I used to live in Seattle (Green Lake). I know of Whatcom Comm College, Lake Washington Tech and some Green something community college in Auburn, WA.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.