PTA Liscence Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 792)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio

79 months ago

Hello,
I just graduated from PTA school 3 weeks ago, my letter to test from the board will be here within a week. I got A's and B's during PTA school...Ive been studying the last few months for this test..In pta school, i tested very well...BUT im very discouraged now, Ive been taking the Giles practice test and the PEAT and scoring 57-59%:( I know that means im not ready to take the Board exam..anyone have any advice..Im very burnt out at this point:(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (280) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

sharon in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

congrats by the way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio

77 months ago

sharon in Chicago, Illinois said: congrats by the way!

Thanks!!!I used the Giles Review book..(score-builders) It also came with a disk, with four practice tests. Yes I still have it..just let me know:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ONiel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

76 months ago

im about to take mine in a week. how was it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas

76 months ago

I need some info on taking an NPTA Exam. I have done good on the pre-test previous of taken the Exam. I did not pass with a score of 60-70%. The material was not the same as the PTA program is there anyone who can help. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

aley in Jackson Heights, New York

75 months ago

hello i just graduated from PTA school two weeks ago been trying to study for board but havent been able to get the right technique.... can anyone that has taking the exam that can help me study.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I did take the exam but I failed twice and is curently studying now through a review course for a third time. All I can say to you is study all of the basic Physical therapy terminologys and techniques know your normals in all aspects.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

What city in Texas are you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

aley in Orange, New Jersey

75 months ago

in ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Wow you are far away. Stick to the basic in therapy techns. and common language skills and you will do fine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aley in New York, New York

75 months ago

thanks alot the will help me alot...... To narrow things down

75 months ago

You are welcome.
Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Is there any one out there that can help me prepare for the upcoming Exam for license NPTA for physical therapy Assistant. Some practice test or info. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MIkemm in Winter Haven, Florida

75 months ago

AVOID by all means working for SALUS rehab. Since the new president, Chris Bennett, took over, SALUS rehab has become a place where the therapy staff who are professionals, are treated worst than factory workers. Lack of respect, lies, 100%+ productivy required or else you go home early. The president, who is herself an OT, thinks that the therapy staff are her worst enemies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EYEWRIST in Berwyn, Illinois

74 months ago

Be careful how you speak about other companies. You must use YOUR experience and stay in the first person when you write or speak. You can say "I used to work for... and they told ME that... but later I found out that ....This protects you from possible claims of slander because that is what you experienced at that company.

Also where I used to live the OTs and PTs try to help each other by telling them directly (face to face) about the good,the bad and the down right ugly companies. But I am from the older generation of OT and PT when working was fun and not as stressful as it is today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emm in Fort Myers, Florida

74 months ago

EYEWRIST - Great points. I just wanted to ask a question. Do you still enjoy working in the PT field? You say more stressful which I can certainly understand with the way the medical field is, and I'm sure different areas have different levels of stress. What has your experience been? Thanks for sharing. It is greatly appreciated.

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida

74 months ago

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio said: I have been working as a LPTA for four weeks now...woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on passing your exam. What is the main area to study for the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida

74 months ago

ONiel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: im about to take mine in a week. how was it

Did you take your test?

Susie in San Diego, California

74 months ago

Anybody have a scorebuilders that they would be willing to sell?

Noel in Sycamore, Illinois

74 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Anybody have a scorebuilders that they would be willing to sell?

I do!!!! I passed my board..studying from scorebuilders this past summer!!!! I live in ohio:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noel in Sycamore, Illinois

74 months ago

Eyvette Smith in Jackson, Mississippi said: I'm 2nd year in a PTA program and am looking for anyone willing to sell their used PTA exam study books.

Are you still looking to buy used PTA books???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Congrats on Passing!!!! I'd like to buy your book. How much would you like for it and how can I purchase it from you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noel in Minonk, Illinois

74 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Congrats on Passing!!!! I'd like to buy your book. How much would you like for it and how can I purchase it from you?

$45.00? I dont know what shipping would be!?? Neither am I sure how you would purchase it from me, any ideas:) Ive never sold anything online!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Charles from Texas . I wanted to know is the book that you are selling will help in passing the exam?

74 months ago

I haven't taken my exam yet. I was looking to buy a book to help me study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I'm not sure either. I've never sold anything online. I'm thinking maybe ebay? I'll look into it and get back to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

scorebuilders.com get the workbook to take tests and study.

74 months ago

OK

ag in Vinton, Virginia

74 months ago

Just took the NPTA exam for the 1st time, waiting on results. Not feeling good about how (i think i did). I used scorebuilders to study, practice tests scores were in the 90's (correct), however feel like i should use other means, perhaps diff study habits?? Any thoughts/ideas??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ruby vicente in Carson, California

74 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Wow you are far away. Stick to the basic in therapy techns. and common language skills and you will do fine

hey, can you give me some indication of the pay of being a LPTA

ag in Vinton, Virginia

74 months ago

ruby vicente in Carson, California said: hey, can you give me some indication of the pay of being a LPTA

That depends on location, in-patient, out-patient, acute care... what are you interested in??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I am sorry I can not. The money you will have to pay out of pocket for the exam and registration.
I am now preparing to take the PTA examination.

ag in Vinton, Virginia

74 months ago

The money is well worth it!! Especially if you love this like I do.

ruby vicente in Carson, California

73 months ago

ag in Vinton, Virginia said: That depends on location, in-patient, out-patient, acute care... what are you interested in??

out-patient where people just go in and out, you can see many kind of different injuries.

Nellz in Windermere, Florida

73 months ago

ONiel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: im about to take mine in a week. how was it

Did you past your PTA exam?

73 months ago

Hard so prepare for everything!!!

73 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Hard so prepare for everything!!!

I brought my scorebuilder book in 2005. Do you think I still should use it?

73 months ago

yes you can but remember that those questions will not be used. You need to stick to the basics.
All Muscle groups, neuro, devices, safty techniques etc. ok study hard because the test is no joke!!!

73 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: yes you can but remember that those questions will not be used. You need to stick to the basics.
All Muscle groups, neuro, devices, safty techniques etc. ok study hard because the test is no joke!!!

Thank you

73 months ago

OK I have taking it twice and did not not pass it. Good Luck OK!

Jackie in Jordan, Montana

73 months ago

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio said: Hello,
I just graduated from PTA school 3 weeks ago, my letter to test from the board will be here within a week. I got A's and B's during PTA school...Ive been studying the last few months for this test..In pta school, i tested very well...BUT im very discouraged now, Ive been taking the Giles practice test and the PEAT and scoring 57-59%:( I know that means im not ready to take the Board exam..anyone have any advice..Im very burnt out at this point:(

I score 65% on the Giles exams and haven't taken it yet. My advice to others is to take the test within two months. The longer you wait the less you will remember. Study a little in the am and in the pm. Get together and study with others. If you pass you will be making money quickly and if you fail you will know what to study. If you fail and take the test within the year (possibly March to March) the test may be the same one. Check out the test outline of the Federation of State Boards of PT. Giles recommends studying your coursework and not new material, which is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Jordan, Montana

73 months ago

ruby vicente in Carson, California said: hey, can you give me some indication of the pay of being a LPTA

Travelers make $17 to 24/hr. The average PTA pay is 18 or 19 dollars an hour according to the national statistics.

72 months ago

I finally passed my NPTAE in California! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! I just wanted to tell you not to be discouraged. I used the score builders to study and I failed every practice test I took. The NPTAE was brutal! However it was similar to the practice tests I took. That's good news and bad news. My advice is to review the answers that you got wrong and try to figure out why you got them wrong. The KEY to the test is to analyze the questions and figure out what it's REALLY asking. The majority of the test questions are clinical scenarios. Don't always go with the text book answers, think clinically. A lot of it is commom sense. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Thanks so much for your help I will be taking my test in a few weeks I live in Texas!!!
I have that score builders book and did take all 4 of the test got 115 to130 on the score out of 150.
I will take your advice to analyze the questions and to keep in mine of a clinician. I no that it want be easy but I will try.

72 months ago

I recieved scores lower than you on those practice tests. I know how discouraging it can be. Study the tings that you have difficulty with. Also, study with a friend if you can. Have someone quiz you on a test without you looking at the book. It trains you to be more analytical which helps with the exam. If you have anymore questions I'm more than happy to help.

72 months ago

Thanks for your guidiness.

72 months ago

Does Anybody Know if there are any conferences happening in February?

72 months ago

I am sorry I don't know I will be taking my tesat next week.
Start studying everything!!!

sellis1987 in brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

Hey fellow PTA, im preparing 4 the boards can Susie tell me how you did n how 2 study.. how were the questions is scott giles helpful...pleases help

email

theelliss@aol.com
:-)

sellis1987 in brooklyn, New York

71 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Does Anybody Know if there are any conferences happening in February?

hey susie congrats can u give me sum hints 4 the boards?

please

theelliss@aol.com

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.