PTA Liscence Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 778)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

ag in Vinton, Virginia

81 months ago

ruby vicente in Carson, California said: hey, can you give me some indication of the pay of being a LPTA

That depends on location, in-patient, out-patient, acute care... what are you interested in??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas

81 months ago

I am sorry I can not. The money you will have to pay out of pocket for the exam and registration.
I am now preparing to take the PTA examination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ag in Vinton, Virginia

81 months ago

The money is well worth it!! Especially if you love this like I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ruby vicente in Carson, California

81 months ago

ag in Vinton, Virginia said: That depends on location, in-patient, out-patient, acute care... what are you interested in??

out-patient where people just go in and out, you can see many kind of different injuries.

Nellz in Windermere, Florida

80 months ago

ONiel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: im about to take mine in a week. how was it

Did you past your PTA exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hard so prepare for everything!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Hard so prepare for everything!!!

I brought my scorebuilder book in 2005. Do you think I still should use it?

80 months ago

yes you can but remember that those questions will not be used. You need to stick to the basics.
All Muscle groups, neuro, devices, safty techniques etc. ok study hard because the test is no joke!!!

80 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: yes you can but remember that those questions will not be used. You need to stick to the basics.
All Muscle groups, neuro, devices, safty techniques etc. ok study hard because the test is no joke!!!

Thank you

80 months ago

OK I have taking it twice and did not not pass it. Good Luck OK!

Jackie in Jordan, Montana

80 months ago

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio said: Hello,
I just graduated from PTA school 3 weeks ago, my letter to test from the board will be here within a week. I got A's and B's during PTA school...Ive been studying the last few months for this test..In pta school, i tested very well...BUT im very discouraged now, Ive been taking the Giles practice test and the PEAT and scoring 57-59%:( I know that means im not ready to take the Board exam..anyone have any advice..Im very burnt out at this point:(

I score 65% on the Giles exams and haven't taken it yet. My advice to others is to take the test within two months. The longer you wait the less you will remember. Study a little in the am and in the pm. Get together and study with others. If you pass you will be making money quickly and if you fail you will know what to study. If you fail and take the test within the year (possibly March to March) the test may be the same one. Check out the test outline of the Federation of State Boards of PT. Giles recommends studying your coursework and not new material, which is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Jordan, Montana

80 months ago

ruby vicente in Carson, California said: hey, can you give me some indication of the pay of being a LPTA

Travelers make $17 to 24/hr. The average PTA pay is 18 or 19 dollars an hour according to the national statistics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susie in San Diego, California

79 months ago

I finally passed my NPTAE in California! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! I just wanted to tell you not to be discouraged. I used the score builders to study and I failed every practice test I took. The NPTAE was brutal! However it was similar to the practice tests I took. That's good news and bad news. My advice is to review the answers that you got wrong and try to figure out why you got them wrong. The KEY to the test is to analyze the questions and figure out what it's REALLY asking. The majority of the test questions are clinical scenarios. Don't always go with the text book answers, think clinically. A lot of it is commom sense. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks so much for your help I will be taking my test in a few weeks I live in Texas!!!
I have that score builders book and did take all 4 of the test got 115 to130 on the score out of 150.
I will take your advice to analyze the questions and to keep in mine of a clinician. I no that it want be easy but I will try.

79 months ago

I recieved scores lower than you on those practice tests. I know how discouraging it can be. Study the tings that you have difficulty with. Also, study with a friend if you can. Have someone quiz you on a test without you looking at the book. It trains you to be more analytical which helps with the exam. If you have anymore questions I'm more than happy to help.

79 months ago

Thanks for your guidiness.

79 months ago

Does Anybody Know if there are any conferences happening in February?

79 months ago

I am sorry I don't know I will be taking my tesat next week.
Start studying everything!!!

sellis1987 in brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

Hey fellow PTA, im preparing 4 the boards can Susie tell me how you did n how 2 study.. how were the questions is scott giles helpful...pleases help

email

theelliss@aol.com
:-)

79 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Does Anybody Know if there are any conferences happening in February?

hey susie congrats can u give me sum hints 4 the boards?

please

theelliss@aol.com

79 months ago

Hello everyone, I am currently studying for my State Exam in Texas I will be taking the Exam next week, is there anyone who has pass the exam give me any pointers to study for or keep in mine. Help! Charles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Hello everyone, I am currently studying for my State Exam in Texas I will be taking the Exam next week, is there anyone who has pass the exam give me any pointers to study for or keep in mine. Help! Charles

Hey Charles,

Have you taken your test yet? Good Luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

sellis1987 in brooklyn, New York said: hey susie congrats can u give me sum hints 4 the boards?

please

theelliss@aol.com

Pretty much the advice I gave to Ted. I found it very helpful to have a friend read me the questions of an exam I hadn't taken in a while. Study the major stuff: wound care, musculoskeletal, neuro, cardio, respiratory, ortho, gait, and orthotics. Good Luck!

79 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Pretty much the advice I gave to Ted. I found it very helpful to have a friend read me the questions of an exam I hadn't taken in a while. Study the major stuff: wound care, musculoskeletal, neuro, cardio, respiratory, ortho, gait, and orthotics. Good Luck!

Woops... I said Ted but I meant Charles

79 months ago

sellis1987 in brooklyn, New York said: Hey fellow PTA, im preparing 4 the boards can Susie tell me how you did n how 2 study.. how were the questions is scott giles helpful...pleases help

email

theelliss@aol.com
:-)

I feel the format of the scorebuilders practice exams was very similar to actual NPTAE. Once I finally took the exam it felt very familiar.

79 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Hello everyone, I am currently studying for my State Exam in Texas I will be taking the Exam next week, is there anyone who has pass the exam give me any pointers to study for or keep in mine. Help! Charles

hey charles please give me sum pointers after u take your boards n gd luck 2 u... keep me updated
theelliss@aol.com

79 months ago

I am nevous as ---- I have not pass it before this is my thrid attempt. I have study everything in the past two years that was covered by the program. I am exhausted!!!!

amanda in Roanoke, Virginia

79 months ago

Two years is the problem, no wonder your exhausted. I would suggest scorebuilders, eventhough I'm sure you have. Take the tests several times, go over weak areas. Keep a record of your scores and missed questions. Also, if you can remember, go over problem questions from the NPTAE the 2 times before, anything that really stood out? Good luck

79 months ago

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio said: Hello,
I just graduated from PTA school 3 weeks ago, my letter to test from the board will be here within a week. I got A's and B's during PTA school...Ive been studying the last few months for this test..In pta school, i tested very well...BUT im very discouraged now, Ive been taking the Giles practice test and the PEAT and scoring 57-59%:( I know that means im not ready to take the Board exam..anyone have any advice..Im very burnt out at this point:(

Take the tests over, are you going over missed questions? That in itself is an excellent review! Don't be discouraged, sounds like you are getting there, A's and B's in a PTA program?, your good to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Was the peat Test Hard?

79 months ago

What's the peat test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I know it's really nerve-wrecking. Everyone always tells you not to be nervous- it's pointless to say it because that makes you more nervous BUT, it's being nervous that trips you up. I'm sure YOU KNOW everything. Take it question by question. Take a breath with each question. I found it helpful to write down the main points of each question on the dry-erase board that they have me. Also while you're reviewing your practice exams go over the questions that you missed and try to understand WHY you missed them. Lastly, Have someone quiz you on a test you haven't taken in a while. Another thing that helped me was that I visualized myself passing and how GREAT it would feel. That helped me to stay positive and a little less nervous. Picture yourself celebrating. YOU CAN DO IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Anybody from the San Diego area know of any job openings?

ag in Roanoke, Virginia

79 months ago

The PEAT is a pre-test, very much like the NPTAE. A very good pratice test, also a lot of PTA programs require taking this test and passing with a certain score to complete the PTA program. Someone ask if it was hard, I would say yes to that and it is just like the real deal. It does help you realize what you may need to work on.

79 months ago

Charles L. PTA in Keller, Texas said: Was the peat Test Hard?

You well do great on your examination. I know just think positive and I hear there is alot of clinical application quiz common sense sort of.. But let me know how you make out on the exam..

break a leg

79 months ago

Thanks I'll need it!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas

78 months ago

Hi I have taken the exam but did not pass again. This is awful I am so hurt.
Is there any help out there. To help me prepare for the next time for testing.

78 months ago

How did you study? Do you remember any questions that totally threw you off or wasn't familar with?? Were you close?? Also, are you working, and how much time do you have during the day??

78 months ago

I have review courses and books and content outline of the study's. Three to four hours a day for a month
Then it was one hour a day for two months. I did not pass with all this information/
Good luck to you in taking the test. It was hard!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Well Thanks, however I already took the test... I passed on the 2nd go around. What really helped me was scorebuilders, I really feel Giles covers all info. I took the tests 3 or 4 times and really went over and over what I missed. If there is something you know you are weak in, concentrate on that area for sometime before moving on, for example I spent one week just on wound care/ diff types of ulces. So, something that small may need a lot of work. I hope all this helps, let me know what else i may help with. I know how you feel.

78 months ago

I would like to tell you thanks for consideration. but it is hard to decribe how I feel now after not passing on the thrid time around. NO MONEY I am going to lose my home that I had just recently bought before I move from michigan to Texas. You don't really knnow how I feel. "try suicide" I have study scorebuilders and taken the review course of scorebuilders 300.00 for a two day course. Taken those four tests 10 times all of them, did study the ones I got wrong look them up for reference along with the book reference they give you after you have taken the test. It did not work! One thing I have to say that you are wright about is wound care and ulcers!!! It was all throught the test wow I said we are not wound care nurses and RN that whom adresses these issues in a health care facilty, NOT Physical therapist Assistants why did they focus on that I do not know. Thanks again for listening and your help.
Charles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Hey Charles,

I am so, so, so.... very sorry. I was really pulling for you. I have a pretty good idea about how devasted you must feel and I definitely understand the financial bind that you are in. I moved to San Diego in July and haven't worked much. I do wish things had gone better for you but don't give up. Maybe for now concentrate on paying your bills. I'm sure it's hard to study when you're worried about keeping your house. Is there a school in your area that has a PTA program? Maybe you can go to one of the program directors for help. I know you must be very upset right now but hang in there...

78 months ago

Thank you so much!
Right now I need that support.
I will check it out around town, remember I just moved here I don't know anyone.
I will not give up. Thanks again and god bless you

78 months ago

Charles,

As a person who struggled in PTA school and who's struggling finacically right now I understand how tough it can get. I'm glad to hear that you're not giving up. You can find PTA programs by going to the APTA website and searching for accredited PTA programs. It's been a while since I've done it but I know that you can definitely find out that info. there. Keep me posted on eveything:)

Susie

78 months ago

OK I will susie, There is one in dallas, Texas on Feb. 14-22 for a 1000.00 dollars
Therapy Team Review courses for NPTE and NPTAE. Therapy Team educational sevices
They told me that failure is not an option!
Wow I have got to give them a trial run.

78 months ago

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas said: OK I will susie, There is one in dallas, Texas on Feb. 14-22 for a 1000.00 dollars
Therapy Team Review courses for NPTE and NPTAE. Therapy Team educational sevices
They told me that failure is not an option!
Wow I have got to give them a trial run.

WOW......That's steep! They better gurantee a perfect score for that price!!!Well...that's an option...What I meant is to see if there's a PTA program in your area and to try asking one of the teachers if they could possibly mentor you. What part of Texas are you in? One of my teachers actually recently moved to Texas but she doesn't teach anymore. She's now the clinical director for an acute hospital...I think. I might have an email from her somewhere. I could try to find out if you'd like. Before you make that kind of monetary commitment, I would look into talking to someone from a PTA program in your area. Maybe you should just take a refresher class or two since it's been a while. Also, I'm not sure if you're working but maybe try getting a job as an aid so that you could freshen up your clinical skills. That might be another mentoring option. Let me know if any of these ideas work out or if you need any other info.

78 months ago

Hey susie that's great news for me thanks, I am in Keller, Texas just North of Forth Worth and just west of Dallas 20miles either direction. I will look around for an college that offers PTA program starting tommorow. By the way I grad. in 2006 summer, and I have 2 1/2 experience under my belt but in Texas I can't work unless I have a license. What a bummer! I would appreciate if you would contact your instructor that has retired any help would be helpful.

78 months ago

Charles,

My teacher is in Victoria, TX. Is that anywhere near you?

78 months ago

Which county is she in.
Victoria, TX
Victoria County

Victoria, TX
Limestone County

Limestone county is near waco TX that is about 2hours from me, that's not too bad of a drive.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.