Any PTA Schools NOT requiring Medical Terminology or a "College Math Class" (ex. MATH 075) as a pre-requisite?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mollyKINS in Eureka, California

34 months ago

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you know any schools outside of California/Oregon/Washington that DO NOT require these pre-requisites? All the ones I have looked at on the APTA website do. I have just about every pre-req under the sun but don't have a Medical Terminology and a "College Math Course" even though I have taken college Physics, Stats, Structural Kinesiology, Chemistry etc. that are very math oriented. I will have my B.S. in Kinesiology/Pre-PT by the end of this fall so I am hoping to start applying come this spring. I have about 8 schools on my list already but I would like to apply to a few more just to boost my chances. Anyone have any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Arizona Graduate in Tucson, Arizona

34 months ago

Pima Medical Institute in Arizona doesn't require any prerequisites, but you have to take all 20 months of classes (including math/physics and medical terminology) on campus. The cost including textbooks and uniforms is about $25,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.