PTA after getting a BS in Kinesiology/Pre-Physical Therapy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

mollyehector in Eureka, California

33 months ago

Hello everyone! So I am currently in the process of finishing up my BS degree in Kinesiology/Pre-Physical Therapy at Humboldt State University. I have one more fall semester left and then I walk. My plan of course was to apply to Physical Therapy school after getting my BS in Kinesiology but until this last year I had no idea how incredibly competitive it was. My GPA isn't horrible. It's around a 3.1 3.2 but that's just not good enough apparently... Anyways, my plan B is to apply to PTA school so naturally I have few questions. 1. What are some good PTA schools in California? 2. How long would it take to complete the program if I already have a BS in Kinesiology? 3. Would some of my classes transfer? 4. Are PTA schools like applying to nursing schools where they put you on a 2 year waiting list if you qualify? 5. What are the prerequisites? Also, any other advice you could give me would be great. Thank you :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PTA girl in Shingle Springs, California

33 months ago

Hey Molly,

Check out the Sacramento City College site to answer some of those questions. I used to live in Fort Bragg for many years and moved over here to go to Sac City. I am in the last semester of the PTA program.

It is competitive to get in but not a waiting list, more of a lottery. As for the rest, you can read the website or come to an informational meeting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mollyKINS in Eureka, California

24 months ago

I am going to apply to Sac City this spring. I have already taken all the pre-requisites to get in. I really hope I do! Thanks for the advice! Sorry for the very late reply.

PTAgirl in Concord, California

24 months ago

Good luck to you. It's a great school.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.