How are PTA jobs in AZ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

JP1992 in Winter Park, Florida

18 months ago

Wondering how PTA is in Arizona, mainly Phoenix. Large population of elderly and retirees. Is SNF or Home Health popular because of this? I'm looking into getting into Home Health after I graduate in 2015 because of flexibility and would like to know salary ranges for this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arizona Grad in Tucson, Arizona

18 months ago

I'm not from Phoenix, but I can tell you that Arizona law requires you to have 2000 hours of on-site supervision by a PT before you can do home health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JP1992 in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

Ok well what about SNF job growth, demand, salary in AZ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Chandler, Arizona

18 months ago

JP1992 in Winter Park, Florida said: Wondering how PTA is in Arizona, mainly Phoenix. Large population of elderly and retirees. Is SNF or Home Health popular because of this? I'm looking into getting into Home Health after I graduate in 2015 because of flexibility and would like to know salary ranges for this area.

I live in Chandler, a suburb of Phoenix. I graduated school in December and passed the boards in January. I'm seriously considering leaving the area because there are no jobs here, except for PRN. The work is very seasonal, too, because the snowbirds leave in the summer. The 2,000 hour rule mentioned above really hamstrings new grads. My advice is to not move here unless you're looking for short-term travel or PRN jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JP1992 in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

Jen in Chandler, Arizona said: I live in Chandler, a suburb of Phoenix. I graduated school in December and passed the boards in January. I'm seriously considering leaving the area because there are no jobs here, except for PRN. The work is very seasonal, too, because the snowbirds leave in the summer. The 2,000 hour rule mentioned above really hamstrings new grads. My advice is to not move here unless you're looking for short-term travel or PRN jobs.

Wow, sorry!

Was hoping to move back to AZ but cant believe it is this bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Waco, Texas

17 months ago

I agree with the 2000 hour rule for Home health. New grads to need a lot of supervision and direction because you have no experience treating patients in real life environments. Most of the patients have so many comorbidities where you need to be able to think quickly and react appropriately in their home. You learn that with experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TrvlPTA

15 months ago

Lisa in Waco, Texas said: I agree with the 2000 hour rule for Home health . New grads to need a lot of supervision and direction because you have no experience treating patients in real life environments. Most of the patients have so many comorbidities where you need to be able to think quickly and react appropriately in their home. You learn that with experience.

I agree. I graduated in 2011, left my perm PTA position in Phoenix a yr ago to contract and travel. Tried to find perm work in Phoenix twice now. Currently been out of work 3 mo in Phoenix except for sporadic PRN. Not sure what all the new grads are going to do, especially with having 4 PTA schools in the state. I'm heading back out to contract again. Appears most positions in SNF and more towards the mid-west.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.