PTA related jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Chris

31 months ago

Hello! First off I'd like to say that I've found these forums and it's participants extremely helpful in researching a potential career in PTA. Thanks to everyone who posts here! I have not quite decided to pull the trigger on this yet, I still want to conduct some informational interviews with various PTA's and PT's in my town (Colorado Springs) before I start taking classes, but I would like to get some input from the forum on a few things before I do. My concern is that by the time I'm done with all the pre-reqs, I'll be 31 at least (I'm 29 this winter) and I want to maximize my chances of being accepted first go around to the programs I'm interested in (Pueblo and Arapahoe community colleges respectively). Obviously I want to do extremely well academically and make excellent impressions working/volunteering at clinics, but what else can I do? Does anyone have an opinion on the benefits of being a snowboard instructor when it comes to applying to a PTA program? I believe some of the skill sets overlap, (movement analysis and a basic understanding of biomechanics for starters, not to mention being able to work with potentially frustrated people). How about unrelated volunteer work? If anyone could share their experiences concerning how they got accepted, or perhaps why they feel they did not, especially relating to those two programs, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris

31 months ago

BTW, sorry about the misleading header. I originally meant to ask only about the snowboarding thing and I kind of grew as I wrote.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.