PTA school, public or private...as long as it's accredited, does it matter??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

pta schoolseeker in Danbury, Connecticut

27 months ago

Hi,
I apologize in advance if this question's been asked and answered already. I'm preparing to apply for the fall 2013 term for PTA school, and doing a LOT of research on a bunch of different schools. Location isn't important.

There is a good public community college 20 minutes from me, but I was just told they have over 130 applicants for only 30 spots. While researching some private institutions in AZ, NV, and CO, I was told by the admissions assistant that as long as I attended a mandatory information session and paid the application fee AND of course got my application in early, I'd be GUARANTEED a spot in the class of fall 2013. This sounds almost too good to be true, as every public institution I've spoken with has multiple prereqs, letters of recommendation, volunteer hours--and of course, most importantly because there's no guarantee on getting in!--the stiff competition.

Is there a big difference between graduating from a public or private school, if both confer AS or AAS degrees upon graduation? From what I understand the only difference is cost, and I can afford the private program. I've read good and bad reviews of these places but I don't understand how one could get a "bad education" or the school itself be a "scam" if CAPTE accredited.

Thank you in advance for all comments and advice!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.