Physical Therapy in Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Shah in Alliston, Ontario

18 months ago

Hello. I am Shah. I am currently studying to become a PTA/OTA in a community college. I will be graduating this April. I am interested in doing further studies. However, I find that in Canada, the process takes a very long time as there is no Bachelor's degree program anymore. I looked at some schools in the U.S. and they offer PhD in Physical Theray in 6 years. But the problem with this is; students have to maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA thoroughout the first 4 years and they will automatically get transferred into the PhD Physical Therapy Program. I don't know how hard schooling is in the U.S. but looking at how some of my friends here are struggling, it seems like scoring high marks in Canadian Universities is very difficult. I don't want to go into a Bachelor's program and get stuck because I was not able to maintain a GPA of 3.0. Another option I am considering is going to a foreign country like India or Australia to get my Bachelors as an International Student and then coming back to either Canada or the US for licensing. However, I am not sure how long the process takes for registration for foreign educated PTs especialy when they possess a Bachelor's degree. Could somebody please guide me of the ups and downs of each. Getting admission in Australia or India will not be too difficult for me. But at the same time, I will be paying almost $30,000 if I attend schooling in India. Please help me. I want to see myself working as a PT and not just PTA. Thank You for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.