Questions about PTA programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mx345210 in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

I am a 20 year old college student and I am applying to PTA programs for Fall '13. I wanted to know how difficult is it to be accepted into a PTA program? I have received an Associate's Degree but it is in Business, and am currently 3 semesters away from graduating with a BBA in Economics. Right now I have a 3.3 GPA, but in the recommended classes for the PTA program I want to get into, I have all A's (I am only missing A&P 1&2, which if accepted I'd take in the first semester of the program.) The program requires 40 hours of volunteer hours, but I have upwards of 150 hours, and have obtained a position as a physical therapy tech. Letters of recommendation are not required but I can obtain 2 from PT's and 2 from PTA's that I know. The only thing I have left to do is take the HOBET V exam. I have done practice questions and I am going to take a practice exam before taking the real thing, but so far the questions have been easy. What I'm asking is, do you think I have a shot at being accepted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

devine power in Buffallo

30 months ago

Now a days getting into the PTA program is extremely competitive.
From your question I feel you are wondering wather with your academic records will it be possible to get into the program.

I would say each institution has their own criteria and their own cut offs so it would be hard to say.
Best bet would be to talk to the admission coordinator of the program and ask your questions.

I think www.iphysicaltherapist.net/Physical-Therapy-Assistant-Education.html will give you some insights.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.