Retaking NPTAE - any advice, help, tutoring, reviews?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lauren012591 in Biloxi, Mississippi

20 months ago

Have taken the PEAT, Scorebuilders, and have O'Sullivans Fifth Edition. Any one else willing to give anything or any advice, please! Took exam in October and will be retaking in January.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Concord, California

20 months ago

Hey Lauren,

I took the exam last July too. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would make sure to review the Scorebuilders templates of the 50 pathologies well. And just practice taking lots of tests, review them, and take more. I think it's all about getting comfortable with the testing method. my practice test scores weren't that great but I did PEAT, and took Scorebuilders about 9 times. Take breaks during the test too.

Keep calm and carry on..........good luck.

RAFFMAN in Red Deer, Alberta

20 months ago

I havent taken any PTA exams but from the way I have seen sample exams, its almost similar with the PT exams, all I can say is have a good understanding of your anatomy and physiology. Application of the physical therapy critical thinking skills is also important. When I took my PT and RN exams - I always find 2 correct answers - but theres always the best answer. Always do an elimination and provide your own rationale why they will be your chosen answers.

Raffman, BSPT, BSN

20 months ago

............Read a lot of sample exams, most of the exams I have seen always have ethical components. I think they do that to make sure your patient safety is at first.

Always priotize especially with physical therapy application. Priotizing your patient treatment will be the best answer. One thing I learned was when you pick the best answer - its rationale in picking that answer not because it looks right.

Goodluck

Raffman, BSPT,BSN

20 months ago

PTAgirl in Concord, California said: Hey Lauren,

I took the exam last July too. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would make sure to review the Scorebuilders templates of the 50 pathologies well. And just practice taking lots of tests, review them, and take more. I think it's all about getting comfortable with the testing method. my practice test scores weren't that great but I did PEAT, and took Scorebuilders about 9 times. Take breaks during the test too.

Keep calm and carry on..........good luck.

Thanks so much! I am also reviewing the pta learning express. Have you heard if that is good?

Chive on :)

20 months ago

RAFFMAN in Red Deer, Alberta said: I havent taken any PTA exams but from the way I have seen sample exams, its almost similar with the PT exams, all I can say is have a good understanding of your anatomy and physiology. Application of the physical therapy critical thinking skills is also important. When I took my PT and RN exams - I always find 2 correct answers - but theres always the best answer. Always do an elimination and provide your own rationale why they will be your chosen answers.

Raffman, BSPT, BSN

Thank you for the advice! I always seem to eliminate the first two- but always pick the one that is almost right but definitely wrong..

20 months ago

it would be good form to choose the first one posted. :)

Raffman, BSPT, BSN

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.