Should I go to PTA school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mike in Plainfield, New Jersey

29 months ago

I started school a little over a year ago for respiratory therapy but decided against because of the bleak job market. Now, I've been looking into PTA and I'm really interested in this field. However everyone seems to be trashing the future of this profession as well. Does anyone really have concrete proof that this profession is "dead" or becoming "non-existent". Because that's all I seem to read, and I don't want to go back to school for another 2 years only to change directions again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MsMisha in Canton, Michigan

29 months ago

Hi Mike,

I don't think this profession is dead or becoming non-existent. I understand there are changes with reimbursement and everything, but I really don't see the PTA becoming extinct any time soon. I think you should go for PTA if you really want to do it. I think it's a way better field than RT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

21 months ago

Mike in Plainfield, New Jersey said: I started school a little over a year ago for respiratory therapy but decided against because of the bleak job market. Now, I've been looking into PTA and I'm really interested in this field. However everyone seems to be trashing the future of this profession as well. Does anyone really have concrete proof that this profession is "dead" or becoming "non-existent". Because that's all I seem to read, and I don't want to go back to school for another 2 years only to change directions again.

I'm an RT wanting to into PTA. I think you should go for PTA. it may be more physically demanding, but it's not as stressful as RT. I'm hoping I get in to the PTA program soon.

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

21 months ago

MsMisha in Canton, Michigan said: Hi Mike,

I don't think this profession is dead or becoming non-existent. I understand there are changes with reimbursement and everything, but I really don't see the PTA becoming extinct any time soon. I think you should go for PTA if you really want to do it. I think it's a way better field than RT.

I think so too. PTA is better than RT. I'm an RT. I have observed PTAs at work and it looks like a great job, with great hours, and you get to stay in shape :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.