Struggling in PTA school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kkb5072 in Reading, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

I'm a second year pta student in pennsylvania. I've had to spread out the program by another year because it is so demanding. I'm worried about the work load, not being able to graduate, having to take a semester off because of the program set up etc. Has anyone else felt like this or had to spread out their program because of the work load? These classes are so technical and to try and focus on all of them is impossible. I've gone to my teachers several times and there is no tutoring available. You're basically on your own. Just wondering if I'm the only one and if you have any words of encouragement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Aphex in Falls Church, Virginia

60 months ago

Hi there,
I'm a 1st year PTA student and I exactly feel what you are saying. You are on your own. It's a very tough and demanding program and I have study all the time. I have no life, but I have to do it for my future. I quit my job and I took loans and I have no other option but to graduate and get my PTA license. My advice to you is to study harder, try to reduce work hours or even quit your job, and definitely try to pair with some smart students who know what they are doing. It's always great to make friends in this program as you will absolutely need them sometime during the program.

Good luck and keep holding on.

~Ashraf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois

60 months ago

Im working with a 1st PTA student right now at my facility and we are constantly helping her and teaching her things she didnt quite get or understand at school and she is doing amazing in the course. I personally taught her all the transfers and she aced one of her practical exams because of me lol..I suggest you try to find a Physical Therapy Aide/Tech job and get help that way..

Koojah Herper in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

kkb5072 in Reading, Pennsylvania said: I'm a second year pta student in pennsylvania. I've had to spread out the program by another year because it is so demanding. I'm worried about the work load, not being able to graduate, having to take a semester off because of the program set up etc. Has anyone else felt like this or had to spread out their program because of the work load? These classes are so technical and to try and focus on all of them is impossible. I've gone to my teachers several times and there is no tutoring available. You're basically on your own. Just wondering if I'm the only one and if you have any words of encouragement.

Try and get a good support system at home first. Then at school seek out a group system of study buddies. These two might assist you. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Summer in Martinsburg, West Virginia

22 months ago

kkb5072 in Reading, Pennsylvania said: I'm a second year pta student in pennsylvania. I've had to spread out the program by another year because it is so demanding. I'm worried about the work load, not being able to graduate, having to take a semester off because of the program set up etc. Has anyone else felt like this or had to spread out their program because of the work load? These classes are so technical and to try and focus on all of them is impossible. I've gone to my teachers several times and there is no tutoring available. You're basically on your own. Just wondering if I'm the only one and if you have any words of encouragement.

I think the most importaint fact you state is their is NO tutoring for these types of classes. I had to take kinesiology twice because I could not understand it from a book, and it's extremely difficult to find a kinesiology tutor. If this is what you really want to do don't give up. Working as an aide is great idea. The pay is low but you are also learning at work.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.