Studying muscles

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mark S. in Sacramento, California

28 months ago

I should be starting the PTA program at SCC this fall. I want to try and get a head a little so that I'm am not overwelhemed during the first semester. I'm studying the muscles (origin, insertion, action, inntervation) and I'm wondering how in depth I need to learn this. For example - Biceps brachii-- Origin: short head= coracoid process of the scapula. Long head= supraglenoid tubercle
Insertion: radial tuberosity and bicipittal aponeurosis into deep fascia on medial part of forearm. That is a lot of info for the insertion. Any advise or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ssel in Citrus Heights, California

28 months ago

Hey Mark, just know the basic anatomy...it will be easier if you can locate these parts,pictures and vidoes can help. Good luck. If you are using iphone there are couple of apps that can help you, with pictures too.

PTAgirl in Diamond Springs, California

28 months ago

Congrats Mark!! Ssel is correct, basic anatomy, know the I & O for the major muscles for sure. If you can get the Kinesology book for first semester and start on that it will help.

Really, have some fun this summer....It'll will be here and be over before you know it. :) It goes fast.

HannahOHannah in Royal Oak, Michigan

28 months ago

Congrats on starting, Mark! I would definitely study O & I, but don't overwhelm yourself before you even start the program.

caligirl in Richmond, California

20 months ago

Mark S. in Sacramento, California said: I should be starting the PTA program at SCC this fall. I want to try and get a head a little so that I'm am not overwelhemed during the first semester. I'm studying the muscles (origin, insertion, action, inntervation) and I'm wondering how in depth I need to learn this. For example - Biceps brachii-- Origin: short head= coracoid process of the scapula. Long head= supraglenoid tubercle
Insertion: radial tuberosity and bicipittal aponeurosis into deep fascia on medial part of forearm. That is a lot of info for the insertion. Any advise or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

hi mark!

so did you get into the program? if so, how is it going for you? i a thinking about applying myself.

thanks,
julia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.