Transferring license from Illinois to Colorado

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois

35 months ago

I have about 5 years of experience working as a PTA here in IL, im looking to move to Colorado in the future, but im having a lot of difficulty finding information on how to transfer my license from IL to CO... Does anyone know how to do this? or how to transfer IL to any other state in general? Im kinda nervous about the situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Shingle Springs, California

35 months ago

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois said: I have about 5 years of experience working as a PTA here in IL, im looking to move to Colorado in the future, but im having a lot of difficulty finding information on how to transfer my license from IL to CO... Does anyone know how to do this? or how to transfer IL to any other state in general? Im kinda nervous about the situation.

CO is one of the few states that does not require a PTA to have a license.

www.fsbpt.org/download/JLRG_RequirementsInitialLicensure_200912.pdf

I think there are about 5. You can keep your IL license. Call the Colorado PT association.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fb in Virginia Beach, Virginia

31 months ago

PTAgirl in Shingle Springs, California said: CO is one of the few states that does not require a PTA to have a license.

www.fsbpt.org/download/JLRG_RequirementsInitialLicensure_200912.pdf

I think there are about 5. You can keep your IL license. Call the Colorado PT association.

Also, do not let your license in Illinois lapse. If you move to another state that requires a license, you will need to take the exam all over again.

PTA? in Bentonville, Arkansas

20 months ago

If I get my PTA license in Arkansas, what do I have to do to practice in Texas?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.