Will there be more BRIDGE programs from PTA-to-PT in the future? Any thought?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

AspiringPTA in Trenton, New Jersey

22 months ago

Thanks. Also, Aside from the bridge program in Ohio, I've heard there one in California, if so what school? Are there any others that I am unaware of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Vkinnaird in Fayetteville, North Carolina

19 months ago

I haven't seen anymore. I am starting school for PTA and was interested in this too. So I researched a bit. They say going from PTA to PT isn't an advancement it's a complete career change. So that's where there isn't any programs out there. But I will say that most PT classes need a bachelors degree to get into the DPT program. So with that being said PTA is an associates in applied science, then you could look into what pre reqs are needed for the DPt program, get a bachelors- kinesiology maybe? But make sure the pre reqs are completed too. Then go to the DPT program. They say the DPT program takes 3 full years (summers included) to complete. So it'll be a year or two longer doing it this way, but if you can work and go to school I think it would be okay. Plus the experience is needed to get into the DPT program. So I think this is what I am going to do. Because I want toget started in the career! So ill do PTA, work for 2 years, then start finishing my bachelors in kinesiology then go to the DPT program. So hopefully I can be done by 32! Haha. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.