Worried about my background check and clinicals PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

nate in Bozeman, Montana

18 months ago

So I am 23 years old. Was in the nursing program or I should say Pre-nursing, and I didnt like it at all...to much bodily waste and fluids for me. Anyway I would like to do PTA it suits me and I love helping people so I wanna go for it. NOW I have a DUI per se charge from a year ago, and a shoplifting aka THEFT charge from when I was 18-19 cant really remember. Think I would be able to do clinicals and get a licence? I worked for the Federal Government this summer as a nursing extern at BIA Indian Health Service and had to do a fingerprint check...nothing was said and I got the job, probably because I listed my offenses...anyone know if I can still be a PTA with my 2 misdemeanors. I stopped drinking alcohol forever now..that was my problem, everytime I was in trouble was because I would get drunk and black out or just buzzed up and do something dumb. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PTAgirl in Concord, California

18 months ago

you should call the PT board for your state and see what the rules are. some things they work with but good to know the facts before going in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Summer in Martinsburg, West Virginia

18 months ago

nate in Bozeman, Montana said: So I am 23 years old. Was in the nursing program or I should say Pre-nursing, and I didnt like it at all...to much bodily waste and fluids for me. Anyway I would like to do PTA it suits me and I love helping people so I wanna go for it. NOW I have a DUI per se charge from a year ago, and a shoplifting aka THEFT charge from when I was 18-19 cant really remember. Think I would be able to do clinicals and get a licence? I worked for the Federal Government this summer as a nursing extern at BIA Indian Health Service and had to do a fingerprint check...nothing was said and I got the job, probably because I listed my offenses...anyone know if I can still be a PTA with my 2 misdemeanors. I stopped drinking alcohol forever now..that was my problem, everytime I was in trouble was because I would get drunk and black out or just buzzed up and do something dumb. Thank you.

I know someone who got a DIU and she got her PTA degree. She had to write to the board to take licence. She goes to AA regularly and is doing a great job. It's never to late to change for the better, I think you can still do it, but all cases vary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.