pta licensure exam review course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1415)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Theresa in Denton, Texas

77 months ago

I have failed the Texas licensure exam twice and am having a difficult time finding tutoring, review courses that don't cost an arm and a leg, or even CE that is relevant. Any information would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (406) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

matthew adeleke in los angele, California

77 months ago

CAN ANYONE PLEASE ADVICE ME ON HOW TO STUDY FOR MY PTA EXAM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (544) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

matthew adeleke in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO STUDY FOR PTA EXAM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Fredericton, New Brunswick

77 months ago

Hi! I finished PTA school in 2001, yet didn't proceed with taking my licensing exam until 2005. I used a study guide that had sample examinations. It had numerous topics and study guides. I also took a job working as a physical therapy aide while I was preparing to take my exam so that I would be in the physical therapy environment. I found the study guides fairly helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (106) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

matthew adeleke in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

Stacy in Fredericton, New Brunswick said: Hi! I finished PTA school in 2001, yet didn't proceed with taking my licensing exam until 2005. I used a study guide that had sample examinations. It had numerous topics and study guides. I also took a job working as a physical therapy aide while I was preparing to take my exam so that I would be in the physical therapy environment. I found the study guides fairly helpful
thank you for the respond but can you tell me the name of the book please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Ashlee Marston in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

Theresa in Denton, Texas said: I have failed the Texas licensure exam twice and am having a difficult time finding tutoring, review courses that don't cost an arm and a leg, or even CE that is relevant. Any information would be great.

Hey Theresa. I have also failed the exam twice and am also having difficulty finding a review course. Let me know if you have come across something. Thanks :)

Ashlee Marston

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marites Ramoran in New York, New York

74 months ago

matthew adeleke in Louisville, Kentucky said: CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO STUDY FOR PTA EXAM.

Matthew,

I found the review course offered by the Therapy Team. Click on this link: www.therapyteam.com. There is a review course in Costa Mesa, CA that begins on May 31 through June 8. Also, there's a review course and study guide book offered by the International Educational Resources at www.therapyed.com/ .I hope this helps you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Wallman in Nashville, Tennessee

73 months ago

I graduated from PTA school in 1998, have taken the licensure exam twice, have worked as a PT technician, and would love to make that jump to get my license. I took a course from
Int. Educ. Resources in 1999, and want to know if I can take it again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

m.anderson, BA,PTA in Charleston, West Virginia

73 months ago

Theresa in Denton, Texas said: I have failed the Texas licensure exam twice and am having a difficult time finding tutoring, review courses that don't cost an arm and a leg, or even CE that is relevant. Any information would be great.
I passed the KY state board in 1995, and it was a written exam, now the test is given on the computer,right?, well, my advise is practice writing anything on the computer, and then memorize what you wrote, then write it again. So, it will help you write what you know, then write it again....this will work both your right and left brain....and also study......and since you will able by then to memorize, memorize is question....because the exam is all the questions in the study book.......this is alittle bizarre, but try it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee

72 months ago

I have taken the state boards twice and failed in TN, and want to find a review course that goes over it all, especiall since I've been out of the field for quite some time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida

71 months ago

I graduated from PTA school back in 2002 and toke the exam once and failed. I would like to take it again and want to know what is the best way to study since it been so long since I been out of school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ann in San Leandro, California

70 months ago

I have failed the PTA exam and am looking for review classes/materais. Anyone have any ideas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

polkadots in Encinitas, California

70 months ago

ann in San Leandro, California said: I have failed the PTA exam and am looking for review classes/materais. Anyone have any ideas

how long did you prepare for the test? what other review materials did you study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

suzy in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

I am a PT from TUrkey. i wanna take the PTA and PT exam soon which ever is easy? Do u guys know the differences between rhe exams. can anyone give me some advise how to study and what to study? thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brittney in San Marcos, Texas

69 months ago

I have failed to PTA Exam twice and I am trying to find anything that will help me to pass the 3rd time!!!

ANY HELP!!!???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

polkadots in Encinitas, California

69 months ago

what state? shoot me an email to ao.salinas@hotmail.com. i`m also trying to pass the PTA test I took the test couple times and i`m still going to take it again i hope this time i will get it. maybe we can have a group study review.
just hang in there i know how it feels and you will be fine. we'll make it!
hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emm in Fort Myers, Florida

69 months ago

Do you mind elaborating a bit more about why SALUS is so awful?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hema devnani in Austin, Texas

69 months ago

hello, i have joined this forum recently. can anybody please give me basic guidelines about getting the credential evulation done for NPTE for texas state. i m an international student and know little about the procedure. please do mail me at hemadevnani@gmail.com..i would appreciate any kind of help. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mikemm in Winter Haven, Florida

69 months ago

Emm in Fort Myers, Florida said: Do you mind elaborating a bit more about why SALUS is so awful?

Salus used to be a good company to work for until the new president Chris Bennet took over. The changes have been awuful for the rehab staff. More pressure on productivity, more senseless forms to fill out, lack of respect for the evaluating therapist decisions, getting ultra high rug levels at all cost is the company motto.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JOLENE in Rockledge, Florida

68 months ago

Does anyone have any good study tips??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeanne rappsilber in Waco, Texas

68 months ago

Stacy in Fredericton, New Brunswick said: Hi! I finished PTA school in 2001, yet didn't proceed with taking my licensing exam until 2005. I used a study guide that had sample examinations. It had numerous topics and study guides. I also took a job working as a physical therapy aide while I was preparing to take my exam so that I would be in the physical therapy environment. I found the study guides fairly helpful

What was the name of this study guide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Windermere, Florida

67 months ago

Did you ever take your exam and how did it help you working in the PT enivornment?

Annie in San Leandro, California

67 months ago

I have failed my test 3 times and now I even lack the guts to take a job as a pt aid. I will have to in the new year.I would realy like to find a facility where the PT's are helpful and nice. I really got brutalized during my internships and it did a number on my confidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeanne rappsilber in Clifton, Texas

67 months ago

Just know that your degree is very important and neede for the pt paperwork It is a commodity. Don't cut your self down the degree can not be takkenaway ist worth a lot. Jeanne

jeanne rappsilber in Clifton, Texas

67 months ago

matthew adeleke in Los Angeles, California said: thank you for the respond but can you tell me the name of the book please.

Whats the name of the study guide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wkmu2 in Canoga Park, California

67 months ago

i am an aide in los angeles area.... it is my experience here that it is a very simple job to do.... basically follow orders.... i am taking classes at local community colleges to get enough PT credits to take the test.... you all are making me nervous

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanne in Waco, Texas

67 months ago

jeanne rappsilber in Clifton, Texas said: Whats the name of the study guide?

why be nervous once you take your board exam the work is the same onle you write soap notes assestments and have a pt cosign your almost your own boss take it easy you know the stuff be confident

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanne in Waco, Texas

67 months ago

What study guide did you use?

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

67 months ago

I'll second the recommendation on the Scott Giles book. I just typed his name in Amazon & found the 2008 edition. It's worth the price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois

67 months ago

I got the Giles book as above, but to be honest.. i didnt really use it... Heck, i didnt really study and i passed easily. You just have to use common sense.. its especially easy if you've already worked in a field etc.

Before taking my exam i worked for 10 months at a hospital in Canada.. then i moved down to IL in feb, 2008. did nothing for about 8 months related to my field (waiting for authorization to work visa to go through) then at the beginning of Oct, 2008 i got a job as a Tech waiting to take my exam on Nov 19, 2008.. i passed it and now im a full fledged PTA once again..

Either you know the material or you dont. if you've failed twice.. take some review courses or go pay to audit some classes as a reminder...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee

67 months ago

I am working as a PT tech in a nursing home, and it's really working out for me. The PT's and PTA's are really nice, and I also help out the OT's and COTA's a little. I plan to take the exam again in 2009, but no definite date yet. My boss isn't pressuring me to take the exam, something I have to do on my own. The hardest thing for me is to review my material daily. After not having been in the field for quite a while, I feel really behind, but they answer questions for me and help me. I just take things one day at a time, because my kids and family are a big part of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am working as a PT tech in a nursing home, and it's really working out for me. The PT's and PTA's are really nice, and I also help out the OT's and COTA's a little. I plan to take the exam again in 2009, but no definite date yet. My boss isn't pressuring me to take the exam, something I have to do on my own. The hardest thing for me is to review my material daily. After not having been in the field for quite a while, I feel really behind, but they answer questions for me and help me. I just take things one day at a time, because my kids and family are a big part of my life.

I'm doing the same thing, working at a hosiptal as a Rehab Tech to help me prepare for my exam.

jrapp61@gmail.com in Clifton, Texas

67 months ago

Thanks! That encourages me i need reinstate my lic due to it's expiration in 2005

67 months ago

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am working as a PT tech in a nursing home, and it's really working out for me. The PT's and PTA's are really nice, and I also help out the OT's and COTA's a little. I plan to take the exam again in 2009, but no definite date yet. My boss isn't pressuring me to take the exam, something I have to do on my own. The hardest thing for me is to review my material daily. After not having been in the field for quite a while, I feel really behind, but they answer questions for me and help me. I just take things one day at a time, because my kids and family are a big part of my life.

Tom, maybe this will help you study...just think of how much better off you & your family will be when your salary more than doubles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Jordan, Montana

67 months ago

JOLENE in Rockledge, Florida said: Does anyone have any good study tips??

Join our email study group. trvlabrd@excite.com

TinaPTA in Ocala, Florida

67 months ago

DavidT in Berwyn, Illinois said: I got the Giles book as above, but to be honest.. i didnt really use it... Heck, i didnt really study and i passed easily. You just have to use common sense.. its especially easy if you've already worked in a field etc.

Before taking my exam i worked for 10 months at a hospital in Canada.. then i moved down to IL in feb, 2008. did nothing for about 8 months related to my field (waiting for authorization to work visa to go through) then at the beginning of Oct, 2008 i got a job as a Tech waiting to take my exam on Nov 19, 2008.. i passed it and now im a full fledged PTA once again..

Either you know the material or you dont. if you've failed twice.. take some review courses or go pay to audit some classes as a reminder...

I would disagree with you, I just finished a PTA two year associates degree program in the fall, graduated and took the board exam yesterday. I passed but I did not think it was very easy. I would say that the scorebuilders (Giles) book was a big help for me. Some of the information on the exam was extremely easy but for the most part I really found it challenging. Good luck to anyone taking the exam. Everyone is different and some people really have to study more than others, its up to you to know if you are that type of person. I also worked as a tech for a while before and during school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

J in Jordan, Montana said: Join our email study group. trvlabrd@excite.com[/QU

email nellz_place@yahoo.com

Lainey in Troy, Michigan

67 months ago

I'm looking to take PTA exam- Graduated in 2004 as PTA but have been working in P.T. field for 27 years. I currently live in Michigan- we have NO licensure but they are quickly changing this. There is talk of "us" grads of 2004 and prior to be grandfathered in... but I am thinking a move to Texas area may be in my near future. Any tips on study books? Are the exams different in diff. states? Thank you for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Jordan, Montana

67 months ago

I have many of the books and Giles appears to be the best. We are forming a study group and sending questions to each other. If you'd like to join, my address is trvlabrd@excite.com.

Lainey in Troy, Michigan

67 months ago

J in Jordan, Montana said: I have many of the books and Giles appears to be the best. We are forming a study group and sending questions to each other. If you'd like to join, my address is trvlabrd@excite.com.

Thank you! I'm sending you my email address.

clc5 in Peru, New York

66 months ago

I graduated in 2005 and worked for a year with my temporary license, and have failed the test twice, once by 2 points once by 4...:(
I am a terrible test taker, but wondered if anyone had any advice on what I should study or maybe any online study courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

J in Jordan, Montana

66 months ago

While going over questions in study guides, I noticed that if I don't physically play out the question on myself, I often get it wrong. We have a email study group going. If you'd like to join, email us. My email is trvlabrd@excite.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

stewart in Hyattsville, Maryland

66 months ago

I recently took my exam for the third time last week and passed. I used the scorebuilders book but didn't find it too helpful for the first two times i took it. For the third time i took the PEAT test provided on the fsbpt website and used that to study off of. When i took my test i felt very comfortable because my practice test had a lot of questions similar to what was on my actual exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida

66 months ago

stewart in Hyattsville, Maryland said: I recently took my exam for the third time last week and passed. I used the scorebuilders book but didn't find it too helpful for the first two times i took it. For the third time i took the PEAT test provided on the fsbpt website and used that to study off of. When i took my test i felt very comfortable because my practice test had a lot of questions similar to what was on my actual exam.

Congrats on passing your exam. I am trying to study to take my exam by March. How much is for the PEAT exam? I"m using the NPTAE study guide than the scorebuilder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stewart in Washington, District of Columbia

66 months ago

The PEAT was $75 when I took it but i Believe they recently raised the price of it. You get two exams and your able to review the correct answers and rationale after completing the exams. You also will have access to the exams for 30days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas

66 months ago

Is there any review courses out now to take for the NPTA because I did not pass!
I need to here from anyone that can help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

IMKYGIRL in Isom, Kentucky

66 months ago

Lainey in Troy, Michigan said: I'm looking to take PTA exam- Graduated in 2004 as PTA but have been working in P.T. field for 27 years. I currently live in Michigan- we have NO licensure but they are quickly changing this. There is talk of "us" grads of 2004 and prior to be grandfathered in... but I am thinking a move to Texas area may be in my near future. Any tips on study books? Are the exams different in diff. states? Thank you for any help.

The pta exame is a national exam. it is not different for different states but if you have to take it more than once or try to compare it with someone elses exame you will find that every exam is different because the exam is pulled from a pool of questions when sitting for it. Also like 50 of the questions dont count towards your score. You should check out fsbpt.org for more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle

65 months ago

HI guys and girls. I am loking into PTA and have 5 questions.
1: If I am licensed in one state will I be licensed in all or do I have to take
an exam for the state I am moving to. (live in FL moving to IL or IN maybe)
2: What state has the highest need for PTA's?
3: Where is the best place for a beginner PTA to apply
4: Is there anything I can do to better my chances for immediate placement in a hospital- rehab center while I finish my schooling.
5: I want a job where you make a difference, your employer cares about you.
If you can't answer all PLEASE answer one! Thanks.. Blessings to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

michelle

65 months ago

J in Jordan, Montana said: While going over questions in study guides, I noticed that if I don't physically play out the question on myself, I often get it wrong. We have a email study group going. If you'd like to join, email us. My email is trvlabrd@excite.com.

I tryed to email you some questions and it says messagefailed, do you have any other email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

michelle said: HI guys and girls. I am loking into PTA and have 5 questions.
1: If I am licensed in one state will I be licensed in all or do I have to take
an exam for the state I am moving to. (live in FL moving to IL or IN maybe)

You will be licensed in the state that you pass the state boards in. In order to move, you will need to reply to that state's licensing board & apply for reciprocity. They usually want a lot of money to do that. You will have to verify licensure, passing exam score, school, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.