To work or not to work while in school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

PTA2B in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of working as a nursing assistant, dialysis tech or PT aide while going to PTA school and hope some of you can help me think things through. Would having that experience help me land a PTA job when I graduate, or will employers just care that I've graduated and passed the national exam? If I work, I'm guessing my grades will suffer a little bit. Anyone who has worked while going to PTA school: Did you find it helpful or did you wish you had more time to study? What's your ideal number of working hours a week? And did working help you get a PTA job?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Inkster, Michigan

53 months ago

I'm currently on the wait list to get into the PTA program and knocking out my support classes. The head of our PTA program told me that they highly recommend not working more than 20 hours per week in order to be successful and have time to study. Since their program has a 100% graduation rate and job placement, I plan on adhering to that. I hope someone else offers you input too - I can only tell you what our college recommended to us.

therapyrecruiter in Saint Louis, Missouri

53 months ago

We hire therapy students to be rehab techs in our facilities while they are going to school. This is a great opportunity to help secure employment once your finished with school. You get to see what its like to work for our company and gain experience while working under our therapy team. Follow us on Facebook - Rehab Choice.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.