Job Shadow

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 72)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Katie in Minneapolis, Minnesota

83 months ago

Just wondering if any PA's in the Minneapolis area would be willing to allow me to shadow them. I am currently applying for PA school, and any experience is greatly appreciated, THANK YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota

75 months ago

I was wondering if you found someone to shadow in Minneapolis. I shadowed a PA in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and I want to try to do some more. If you are still looking and might be interested in shadowing the PA at Mayo I can send you his info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rima in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

I am a student at Universtity of central florida and wanting to attend grad school for Physician assistant. I am having very hard time to find a PA to shadow. If you have any info please let me know my email address is
ptlrima@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dara in Flushing, New York

75 months ago

i am looking for a position shadowing a p.a or a physician in flushing ny please help me i have tried all the near by hospitals Daraaj@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tatiane Gonzalez in Miami, Florida

75 months ago

I'm a student at University of Miami Coral Gables campus. I am also stugling to find a PA to shadow. If there's any PA in the Miami area that is willing to allow me to shadow them or if anyone knows a PA that is available please let me know I will apreciate it. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Flushing, New York

75 months ago

Dara. Which school(s) are you going to apply? Because I am also looking fo PA shadowing I was wondering do you have to have it done before you apply? I tought you can shadow while in the program. Thanks.

Stacy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Stacy in Flushing, New York said: Dara. Which school(s) are you going to apply? Because I am also looking fo PA shadowing I was wondering do you have to have it done before you apply? I tought you can shadow while in the program. Thanks.

Stacy

i am researching however the requirements are to have 100 shadow hours done when applying for the P.a school. every school has different hours

75 months ago

I apply to SUNY and Sophie Davis school. They only need a health related experience (50+ hours) not requerind pa shadowing at the time of aplication submission and I know people who got in and then shadowed. But it is only a plus to you if you do it prior to it. Is it your first time applying ?

dara in Albany, New York

74 months ago

is it the same thing what do they mean by health hours?

74 months ago

Any experience of closely interacting with patients (assisting with procedures...etc), volunteerung in hospitals and nursing homes. And if your work experience is in the health care it is also included. The more you have the better. it does not have to be only PA shadowing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

PS.:What is your GPA, if not a secret?

Aisha in Cambridge, Massachusetts

74 months ago

Hi, I am looking for a PA to shadow within the Massachusettes area. It would greatly be appreciated if I could gain that experience. Thank you.

Erin in Ambler, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I am a penn state junior looking to shadow a Pa or anyone in a health care profession. I can send you my resume
Thankyou!

Prachi in Schaumburg, Illinois

71 months ago

Does anyone know any PA in chicago? The schools that I am trying to apply to have deadline of Oct 1st. Does anyone think that its too late to shadow a PA? They really want to see that you shadow a PA and I want to do that before I apply. I would really appreciate any kind of help from anyone. My email is pshah02@gmail.com

lai in Saint Paul, Minnesota

70 months ago

Amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I was wondering if you found someone to shadow in Minneapolis. I shadowed a PA in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and I want to try to do some more. If you are still looking and might be interested in shadowing the PA at Mayo I can send you his info.

I am interested in this, if this position is still open. Please contact me.

Erin in State College, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

That would be great!

Katie in Scottsdale, Arizona

70 months ago

Amanda,

I'm in Scottsdale now, but I did find a PA to shadow at the Fairview Medical Hospital on the East Bank near the U of M and Augsburg. I'll try and find his contact information, but I do know the doctor he worked under, which is Dr. Stein. It was very informative and interesting, great opportunity!

Rima in Orlando, Florida

70 months ago

hey,

Thanks, I still havent found anyone yet. Every time I ask someone they say they can not let me shadow them because of worksman comp or for patient conficencility. I live in orlando and i m trying to shadow a nurse so that way i can make contacts and meet doctors or PA that way.

Jen in Rochester, Minnesota

69 months ago

Amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I was wondering if you found someone to shadow in Minneapolis. I shadowed a PA in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and I want to try to do some more. If you are still looking and might be interested in shadowing the PA at Mayo I can send you his info.

Hi Amanda,

I am looking to shadow a PA in Rochester and found your post on this website. Do you still have the information for the PA you shadowed and would you be willing to pass that information on to me? It would help me greatly if you did. Thanks!

Rima in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

hey,

well it was kind of hard to find the PA, but i found one. I contacted the student coordinator at the local hosp and told him to find me a nurse to shadow and i talked to the nurse, told her what i wanna do... she reffered me to a PA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mohala1346 in University Park, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Hi,

I'm a Penn State student looking to shadow a PA in the Harrisburg or State College Area. You can contact me at: STL5003@psu.edu.

Ashley in Miami, Florida

68 months ago

Hi,
My name is Ashley and I am currently attenteding FIU and plan on going to PA school. I am, as everyone else is, having trouble finding a PA to shadow. If anyone has any idea where i can find one please e-mail me at adiaz046@fiu.edu. Thanks!!!!

Tia in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

dara in Flushing, New York said: i am looking for a position shadowing a p.a or a physician in flushing ny please help me i have tried all the near by hospitals Daraaj@aol.com

hi Dara, My name is Tia. I was wondering if you found any PA shadowing because I have tried many places and no one seems to be doing it. Please let me know if you found any.

Misha in Orlando, Florida

67 months ago

Rima in Orlando, Florida said: hey,

well it was kind of hard to find the PA, but i found one. I contacted the student coordinator at the local hosp and told him to find me a nurse to shadow and i talked to the nurse, told her what i wanna do... she reffered me to a PA.

Hi Rima,

What hospital/PA did you contact? I really want to shadow an AA, but I'll take any type of shadowing experience. Your input is greatly appreciated!

daraaj

67 months ago

Tia in Brooklyn, New York said: hi Dara, My name is Tia. I was wondering if you found any PA shadowing because I have tried many places and no one seems to be doing it. Please let me know if you found any.

Hi Tia, no I have tried every hospital and Hip medical center. Did you try any private doctor's office. Do you have any student cordinator in a hosptal who you can ask. I had did and intership in pharmacy In NYHQ hospital maybe talk that person not just anyone. Problem easy for pre med's but not us.Good Luck! Did you apply to P.A school Or when?

Prachi in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

67 months ago

Hi Dara and Tia,

I am from Chicago. It was hard for me to find a PA to shadow too until I contacted the school in IL that had PA program and asked them if they have any list of PA who allow shadowing. The school told me that most of the students found PAs from the help of IAPA(Illinoise Association of PA). The IAPA gave me list of PAs who allow shadowing. I contacted the one near my house from that list and shadowed her for 2 days. Try doing something like that. Contact the PA schools in NY and ask them about it. They are usually aware of this problem. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Thanks Prachi, I am a pre p.a student from york college in Jamaica queens and the P.a School application states they won't help us we have to do it on our own in order to apply to the program. Anyway I will try contacting the P.A association. Are you already In P.a school?. Do i have to be a member of a P.A association?.

67 months ago

No Dara, I am not in PA school yet. I am waiting to hear back from them. You dont have to be a member of a PA association. good luck with the whole process. lets hope for the best..

67 months ago

thanks good luck to you too

Koi in Portland, Oregon

67 months ago

Why is there such a difficulty in finding a PA to shadow? I'm interested in the program but was concerned about the job market. Are they in demand? If anyone could give me their input, I'd appreciate it much. How about those that have graduated. Is it difficult to find a job? Thank you.

daraaj

67 months ago

Thanks alot goo luck for future

drew1425 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey

67 months ago

Stacy in Flushing, New York said: I apply to SUNY and Sophie Davis school. They only need a health related experience (50+ hours) not requerind pa shadowing at the time of aplication submission and I know people who got in and then shadowed. But it is only a plus to you if you do it prior to it. Is it your first time applying ?

i want to apply there also. did you get accepted yet?? and do you have a bachelors degree already? any info you give me would be greatly appreciated!!!!
thanks
drew

Ann in Centereach, New York

67 months ago

dara in Flushing, New York said: Thanks Prachi, I am a pre p.a student from york college in Jamaica queens and the P.a School application states they won't help us we have to do it on our own in order to apply to the program. Anyway I will try contacting the P.A association. Are you already In P.a school?. Do i have to be a member of a P.A association?.

Hi, Dara
I just applied york college for the program but I have a lot to go in order to be in the pa pro. I also need hours of shaowing pa. Any inform? I'd appreciate it.

67 months ago

Stacy in Flushing, New York said: I apply to SUNY and Sophie Davis school. They only need a health related experience (50+ hours) not requerind pa shadowing at the time of aplication submission and I know people who got in and then shadowed. But it is only a plus to you if you do it prior to it. Is it your first time applying ?

I went SUNY too. they require 1000hours!!!! of experience.

Daraaj in Flushing, New York

67 months ago

please send to your email Daraaj@gmail.com

daraaj

67 months ago

which college do you attend becuase york excepts ony3-5 students from outside and 25 from their own pre pa program. try call private Dr. office with P.a's in your neighborhood or someone dr you know. I was referred to this book "getting into the P.a school of your choice by Andrew Roddican from ths forum. great book gives step by step advice. I took an epidemiology class whcih was a small classroo

67 months ago

Has anyone gotten any interviews yet for any PA school? I have applied to almost 15 schools and still havent heard back from any..Please let me know if anyone else is in the same position as I am.

67 months ago

daraaj said: which college do you attend becuase york excepts ony3-5 students from outside and 25 from their own pre pa program. try call private Dr. office with P.a's in your neighborhood or someone dr you know. I was referred to this book "getting into the P.a school of your choice by Andrew Roddican from ths forum. great book gives step by step advice. I took an epidemiology class whcih was a small classroo

by the way, how did you find out that? wasn't easy for me to get inform from york pa department.

Kaitlin in Mokena, Illinois

65 months ago

Prachi in Hoffman Estates, Illinois said: Hi Dara and Tia,

I am from Chicago. It was hard for me to find a PA to shadow too until I contacted the school in IL that had PA program and asked them if they have any list of PA who allow shadowing. The school told me that most of the students found PAs from the help of IAPA(Illinoise Association of PA). The IAPA gave me list of PAs who allow shadowing. I contacted the one near my house from that list and shadowed her for 2 days. Try doing something like that. Contact the PA schools in NY and ask them about it. They are usually aware of this problem. I hope this helps.

Prachi, I am also from Illinois and am looking to shadow. Can you tell me who you contacted at IAPA? I'm a member, but have been unsuccessful in obtaining a list of PAs who allow shadowing.

Prachi in Schaumburg, Illinois

65 months ago

Kaitlin, I can just send you the list of PAs that you can shadow. IF you give me your email, I forward the list to that. All you have do then is to email the PA and ask them if you can shadow them or not.

Kaitlin in Mokena, Illinois

65 months ago

Prachi in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Kaitlin, I can just send you the list of PAs that you can shadow. IF you give me your email, I forward the list to that. All you have do then is to email the PA and ask them if you can shadow them or not.

Thanks so much! My email is knippel1@gmail.com

BTW, have you heard back from any of the PA schools you applied to?

Rima in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

Misha in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Rima,

What hospital/PA did you contact? I really want to shadow an AA, but I'll take any type of shadowing experience. Your input is greatly appreciated!

call the orlando regional and ask them if they will let u... they are very strick about their shadowing hours. u can only do 16 hours for a year unless u know someone and u have connections. when u call the hospital ask for student coordinator and if they says we dont let student shadow physician assistant or physicians tell them i know a few ppl who has shadowed at this hospital.... see if that helps.

Rima in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

hey,

would you happen to have one for florida?? if u do , please email it to me!
thanks

msvalleylou in Daytona Beach, Florida

65 months ago

for a list of Florida PAs that will allow shadows go to the website for Florida Academy of Physician Assistants. Here you will find a student section and a large list organized by cities.
www.fapaonline.com

daraaj in Flushing, New York

65 months ago

Ann in Centereach, New York said: by the way, how did you find out that? wasn't easy for me to get inform from york pa department.

someone who transfered into to the school from chem major. Right now everyone is getting the interview. Even the best Gpa are ot getting in. May be its the experience they are lokking for . any question plz let me know

sivilai in Osseo, Minnesota

65 months ago

where is this school at just curioius?

sivilai in Osseo, Minnesota

65 months ago

just curious where is this school at?

daraaj in Flushing, New York

65 months ago

sivilai in Osseo, Minnesota said: just curious where is this school at?

york college in Jamaica queens

wlaw24buffs in Kansas City, Missouri

65 months ago

Megan Laudwig in Kansas City, Missouri said: Does anyone know a PA in the Kansas City area that would be willing to let me shadow them? I'm currently getting ready to submit my applications for PA school and would love some experience.

Thank you!

meganlaudwig@hotmail.com

Megan,
Did you find someone to shadow and what programs did you apply to? I'm also interested in shadowing a PA and live in Kansas City. Just curious as to if you found anyone and what programs you were interested in..i'm trying to get things narrowed down!

Thanks!
Whitney Law

wlaw24buffs@aol.com

weiler in Las Vegas, Nevada

65 months ago

you may also try PA page at PuremedicaljobsDOTCOM or your local pa school good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.