Writing an essay at a Physician Assistant School Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

db in Tallahassee, Florida

85 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am going to an interview at Nova Southeastern University - Orlando, and part of the interview process will include writing an essay. I have no clue what the essay will be about or how I should approach it. Could someone please help?
Thanks,
db

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

fatima sayed-ahmad in Detroit, Michigan

84 months ago

Hey ,,,I interviewed there back in October and The essay is nothing to worry about. My essay was just an opinion paper, they give you like certain situations and you just give your opinion. so theres no right or wrong answer.
Goodluck though, hopefully you will get in I will be there this spring!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

db,
I will be interviewing at NSU in Orlando on the 18 of Jan. Have you gone yet? If not maybe I'll see you there. Either way, I wish you the best!!

MArk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

fatima sayed-ahmad in Dearborn, Michigan

84 months ago

yea I went there and interviewed in october...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fatima sayed-ahmad in Dearborn, Michigan

83 months ago

Usually they take 4-6 weeks to reply but For me it was a week wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

moira in Greensboro, North Carolina

82 months ago

Melissa in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: Hey, I was wondering for the people that have already interviewed at Nova who has heard back and who hasn't? I interviewed there Jan 11 and hadn't even heard anything until I contacted them. I emailed them this past Monday bc I had been accepted to another school I interviewed for 2 days before and was wondering what could be taking so long. The lady said that the letters were going out slowly but that I'm an alternate which I wasn't exactly happy about. I was just seeing if it took anyone else just as long to hear back. Also do you know when the last interview dates are?

I am actually interviewing on Monday (3-10-08), and I know when I was picking my date, there were some even later than that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jenath haque in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

hi everyone, i am just worried about the interview. I am a nervous person and some time I ask my self question and i am unable to answer it. so i am afraid what i would do in the actual interview. any advice :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Purchase, New York

81 months ago

I have an interview on Friday at Mercy College in the Bronx, and part of the interview process includes writing an essay. I am more nervous about the essay than I am the actual interview. Has anyone interviewed with the Mercy, LIU, or Hofstra before?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Newark, Delaware

81 months ago

Nicole in Purchase, New York said: I have an interview on Friday at Mercy College in the Bronx, and part of the interview process includes writing an essay. I am more nervous about the essay than I am the actual interview. Has anyone interviewed with the Mercy, LIU, or Hofstra before?

Nicole,

I am attending Mercy at Dobbs Ferry right now. I too, am looking into the PA program at the Bronx location. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. What is your major?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Anyone have any information regarding the PA through Arcadia. They have recently started a program in Delaware. Currently attending school in NY would like to transfer back home and apply for the program through Arcadia.

rajayshree patel in Thonotosassa, Florida

81 months ago

i am going to an interview this Wednesday at Nova. I was wondering if someone who already had an interview can tell me how long was it? and what kind of questions they asked? Any advice would as well..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Troy, Michigan

76 months ago

I am interviewing in october for the 2009 class, I was wondering if anyone got in, what the interview essays are and if they like the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BeachGirl22 in Grand Island, Florida

75 months ago

I was recently accepted to the Nova-Orlando class starting in 2009. The professors I interviewed with were very nice, and they don't try to make you feel stupid. The essay was not bad at all--they give you about 45 min to write it and it's based on your opinion. There were 2 other people i interviewed with, and we each recieved a different question. The interview questions were pretty basic, they had asked me my previous experiences, a few ethical questions, how a PA differs from MD/NP/DO, what things i like to do for fun, etc. Pretty laid back. I left feeling good about it and got the acceptance call a week later! Good luck :)

superscooper in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

74 months ago

BeachGirl22 in Grand Island, Florida said: I was recently accepted to the Nova-Orlando class starting in 2009. The professors I interviewed with were very nice, and they don't try to make you feel stupid. The essay was not bad at all--they give you about 45 min to write it and it's based on your opinion. There were 2 other people i interviewed with, and we each recieved a different question. The interview questions were pretty basic, they had asked me my previous experiences, a few ethical questions, how a PA differs from MD/NP/DO, what things i like to do for fun, etc. Pretty laid back. I left feeling good about it and got the acceptance call a week later! Good luck :)

I was just excepted into the orlando program too, did u end up choosing that program. I got into ft. lauderdale to but i ended up picking orlando, i just felt more comfortable there.

PA to be in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Melissa in Newark, Delaware said: Anyone have any information regarding the PA through Arcadia. They have recently started a program in Delaware. Currently attending school in NY would like to transfer back home and apply for the program through Arcadia.

Hi. I am currently a student at Arcadia in Philadelphia. The Deleware and Philadelphia programs are almost exactly the same. There are a few visiting teacher differences. There is one class you will have to commute to center city Philadelphia for (Anatomy) but it is only for a few months in the summer. The interview process was very informal and enjoyable. I get a lot out of my classes and enjoy the program. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

yust in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

hi!!! I have interview with UC davies, do you have any advice? especially, for the essey question please...

Titus in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

hi Nicole hope you are fine, i have an interview at Mercy NY and i saw your post while i was looking for ans to similar situation you had ten months ago. How was your interview and how did you go about the essay. please advise

thank you

Sara

Titus in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

Hi How are you. i saw you post and i have same questions about the interview. my interview is for march 20th of 2009. i am very nervous about the essay and the interview. please advice

thank you

Sara

batool in Boynton Beach, Florida

65 months ago

fatima sayed-ahmad in Detroit, Michigan said: Hey ,,,I interviewed there back in October and The essay is nothing to worry about. My essay was just an opinion paper, they give you like certain situations and you just give your opinion. so theres no right or wrong answer.
Goodluck though, hopefully you will get in I will be there this spring!

Hey Fatima! Are you currently attending the NOVA Orlando program? I have an interview in october (eek!) for summer 2010 and I was wondering what advice you would give in how to prepare for the interview. Are the questions more situation type where you have to respond what you would do, or more questions like diff between NP/PA and why you chose this program/ why you want to be a PA or questions based on your essay and application?

-Batool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Parkesburg, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Has anyone interviewed at UMDNJ? Does anyone know what their essay questions are like? or the interview itself?

TM in Beaumont, Texas

59 months ago

Has anyone interviewed at New York Institute of Technology before? I have an interview there next week and there is an essay part of the interview. Does anyone know how it is?

Kia in Paterson, New Jersey

56 months ago

Hi:) I am graduating next may from a community college and I will be getting My Associate of Science degree and I wanted to know if there's any online Masters or B.S. Program online that I can apply to? Please let me kno thanks:0)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

There are a lot of on-line degree programs but limited to specific fields. So it would depend on what major you wanted. The majority of four year schools offer online degree's but again, limited to certain majors.

lucky9414 in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

BeachGirl22 in Grand Island, Florida said: I was recently accepted to the Nova-Orlando class starting in 2009. The professors I interviewed with were very nice, and they don't try to make you feel stupid. The essay was not bad at all--they give you about 45 min to write it and it's based on your opinion. There were 2 other people i interviewed with, and we each recieved a different question. The interview questions were pretty basic, they had asked me my previous experiences, a few ethical questions, how a PA differs from MD/NP/DO, what things i like to do for fun, etc. Pretty laid back. I left feeling good about it and got the acceptance call a week later! Good luck :)

How did you prepare for the interview? What kind of ethical questions do they ask and what kind of experience can you have in the field if you aren't in a program yet? Do they mean like volunteer experience? I want to go to Nova and I'm currently getting my B.S. at UCF now so hopefully I'll get into the program next year! :)

BB in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

55 months ago

If anyone has already been to an interview, can you post some of the things they asked?? Just want to get an idea!! :)

Thanks!

samrif in Milpitas, California

55 months ago

Hi Prospective PAs,

Anybody going for UC Davis, any tips for essay writing or interview questions.

Thanks!

Prospective PA in Milpitas, California

55 months ago

Hi every one,

How do handle describe yourself question? Any comments?

Samrif

sean in Bronx, New York

47 months ago

Nicole in Purchase, New York said: I have an interview on Friday at Mercy College in the Bronx, and part of the interview process includes writing an essay. I am more nervous about the essay than I am the actual interview. Has anyone interviewed with the Mercy, LIU, or Hofstra before?

Hi Nicole my name is sean and i have an interview at Mercy next week i was hoping you could tell me a little bit more about the interview process and the essay question. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! my e-mail is psparamananda@hotmail.com
Thanks!

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

hello everyone!

I have a interview 3/7/11 with Howard University and they have a 30-40 writing exercise question. Did anyone interview yet with this school and may know what they asked for that exercise? Really all of your help!! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Anne

send me your email address I will forward you a email from a past applicant. please let me know what you do find out also. i will be flying in from chicago so don't have much time to find someone to talk to. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anne Darko in Washington, District of Columbia

46 months ago

Ok Great. Sheila_sla12@yahoo.com. I will let you know ASAP if I find anything. Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisag in Rockville, Maryland

46 months ago

Anne Darko in Washington, District of Columbia said: Ok Great. Sheila_sla12@yahoo.com. I will let you know ASAP if I find anything. Thank You.

Hi Ann, did you happend to find any information, i also have an interview in HU

Anne Darko in Washington, District of Columbia

46 months ago

Unfortunately no. I went there trying to find someone to give me the gist but I wasn't able to. I'm just worried about the wring part.

Jodi Kaur in Queens Village, New York

45 months ago

hey nicole did you get an interview @ LIU?

narmstro in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Hi Anne, how was your interview? I just received a letter and I have an interview in May.

selam in Manassas, Virginia

44 months ago

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois said: hello everyone!

I have a interview 3/7/11 with Howard University and they have a 30-40 writing exercise question. Did anyone interview yet with this school and may know what they asked for that exercise? Really all of your help!! Thanks!

Hi, I have an interview on 4/27/11 at Howard. How was your interview, how was the writing part. Did your interview went well. I'd appreiate any advice, please email me at sagetahun@gmail.com
Good luck.

beza in Manassas, Virginia

44 months ago

Hi,

I have an interview on 4/27/11 with Howard. How did yours go? I see that you had yours not too long ago. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, what do they ask on the writing potion? I'm very nervous about it.......HELP!

44 months ago

Congrats to getting a interview!! Yes, I already interviewed with Howard and was offer a seat for this upcoming Fall semester! However, I am not taking the seat b/c I was offer another in my hometown. The writing part is the most nerve racking part and it does count!! So if you forgot how to write base on college composition requirement, please review it! Intro, Body, and Conclusion!!! As for the topics it is very random issues but it all ties together with the health care industry. Read up on current events on AAPA and current news that relates to the health care. A good one to know is probably the tsunami in Japan and about relief that is being provided. The writing topics changes all the time so it's hard to really prepare for it. The interview process consist of a individual and a group interview. One big thing that you all should keep in mind is when they ask you why you choose Howard make sure you DO NOT SAY because it's close and convenient for you! Read up on their program and know what the school's mission statement is!! It is a all day interview so prepare to stay and have your breakfast that morning. Good luck to you all!!! Wish you all nothing but the best!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois said: Congrats to getting a interview!! Yes, I already interviewed with Howard and was offer a seat for this upcoming Fall semester! However, I am not taking the seat b/c I was offer another in my hometown. The writing part is the most nerve racking part and it does count!! So if you forgot how to write base on college composition requirement, please review it! Intro, Body, and Conclusion!!! As for the topics it is very random issues but it all ties together with the health care industry. Read up on current events on AAPA and current news that relates to the health care. A good one to know is probably the tsunami in Japan and about relief that is being provided. The writing topics changes all the time so it's hard to really prepare for it. The interview process consist of a individual and a group interview. One big thing that you all should keep in mind is when they ask you why you choose Howard make sure you DO NOT SAY because it's close and convenient for you! Read up on their program and know what the school's mission statement is!! It is a all day interview so prepare to stay and have your breakfast that morning. Good luck to you all!!! Wish you all nothing but the best!!

Thank you, that was a big help! Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Congrats on your acceptance! your information was very helpful, I hope I would go through it well.

44 months ago

has anyone heard from Howard yet?

44 months ago

I believe they already sent out notice! Extoich said he got his acceptance last week for Howard! Congrat Extoich!!!

44 months ago

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois said: I believe they already sent out notice! Extoich said he got his acceptance last week for Howard! Congrat Extoich!!!

i just called them this morning and they said they have not started sending out letters yet......i'm confused!

44 months ago

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois said: I believe they already sent out notice! Extoich said he got his acceptance last week for Howard! Congrat Extoich!!!

That is strange. I called them up this morning and they told me that they did not send out letters yet. .... I'm confused!

me

40 months ago

yust in Los Angeles, California said: hi!!! I have interview with UC davies, do you have any advice? especially, for the essey question please...

maybe to spell essay correct!

pallas in Atlanta, Georgia

40 months ago

It's correctly smart a**!

BEencouraged in Jacksonville, Florida

38 months ago

when applying to Howard University, did you all go through CASPA? their app fee is expensive and i am trying to avoid it at all cost. & for the people who got offered interviews, what are your credentials like?..i.e healcare exp/shadowing/gpa things like that...

Bella in Lake Mary, Florida

36 months ago

Hi . I just got an interview with Nova -Orlando and am wondering how I should go about studying for it? I know some schools ask about government regulation on medicine and state/ national affairs and some in depth questions about pas. Does Nova- Orlando ask these type of questions? Or are the questions just basically only about your grades and personal self. Anyone who has had an interview with them please help. Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

fmehdi in Baltimore, Maryland

35 months ago

smlbox in Chicago, Illinois said: hello everyone!

Hello
I just read your post I have an interview at Howard university Feb 6. I was hoping if you can give me any insight on the essay? Just wanted to know what are they looking for? If you can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Smlbox in Chicago, Illinois

35 months ago

fmehdi in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hello
I just read your post I have an interview at Howard university Feb 6. I was hoping if you can give me any insight on the essay? Just wanted to know what are they looking for? If you can help me out that would be great. Thanks.

If go back on the dates you will see a detail info on the written part that I explained last year. If your still not understanding please feel free to send me another message. Good luck on interview!!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.