I am trying to get into Nova Southeastern PA program? Anybody with a 2.8 overall get in?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 328)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Sarah in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Just saw this post- did you ever get in? I'm starting to take my pre-req's now to try and apply for PA school in the fall. Unfortunately, I really screwed up my undergrad with an Art degree and a low GPA. I'm hoping I can get straight A's with my pre-reqs and prove to them I have changed my ways and am ready for this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rose Schanel in Beverly Hills, Florida

71 months ago

Cdavis10 in Zephyrhills, Florida said: I just decided to be a PA. I am a Junior at USF getting my bio degree i have an overall of 3.3-3.5 but I have no experience... I am applying to hospitals over Tampa and have set up several shadow days with local PAs. Do any of you have any advice to prepare to apply to UF. I cant afford Nova and I cannot afford to move out of FL. Thanks for your tips they are really appreciated!!
cdavis11@mail.usf.edu

UF isn't as cheap as you think it is, remember the you have to pay around 300.00 a month in parking alone and you have to pay to park at shands were you do your clinical rotations and their fees didn't include books and other fees. the cost comes close to Nova when you add it all up. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aperry6 in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

I am a senior at USF and applying to PA next year. I would really like to hear from someone who was accepted to different PA schools and what their GPAs and GRE scores were. I have an average GPA and haven't taken the GRE yet. I am just curious what I need to expect or keep working towards. If people don't mind to share I would really appreciate it, where you were accepted or not and what your GPA is. Thank you so much! Good luck to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rschanel@yahoo.com in Beverly Hills, Florida

70 months ago

aperry6 in Tampa, Florida said: I am a senior at USF and applying to PA next year. I would really like to hear from someone who was accepted to different PA schools and what their GPAs and GRE scores were. I have an average GPA and haven't taken the GRE yet. I am just curious what I need to expect or keep working towards. If people don't mind to share I would really appreciate it, where you were accepted or not and what your GPA is. Thank you so much! Good luck to everyone!

You have to be careful, what up think your GPA is, my not be what CASPA records it as. Caspa breaks your GPA down My overall GPA was 3.5, However your science GPA holds alot of weight my overall science PA was 3.3. In your interview they will ask you why you got certain grades and what was your hardest class and why. Be prepared to answer. I think they have changed the GPA for science classes I think it's 3.0 I would call or email the school that you want to go to, to find out more. I know they are busy still interviewing for this 2009 june class. Your best bet is to call after June first this way someone will answer your questions. Pauline at Nova Orlando is great. Also make sure you apply as soon as the appilication process opens. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steve in Miami, Florida

70 months ago

do you need a bachelors degree to apply for PA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

FuturePA85 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

65 months ago

I'm almost done with my first semester at Nova Southeastern in Fort Lauderdale. I love it, my GPA wasn't super high 3.2 but I volunteered and did other activities that helped me to be well rounded. Also I worked the entire time I was at UCF in Orlando so even though Nova is expensive a lot of the costs are built in unlike other universities (ie parking is free here). Oh and I did not have a cosigner and had never taken out a loan before, I had no problem getting the money I needed and I even have some left over from this semester that I'm going to roll over to the next semester. Though the cost of living is very high here. I recommend if you are applying )if you haven't already started) go volunteer at a hospital and get some 1:1 patient skills. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisagonzal1 in Boca Raton, Florida

65 months ago

I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist. I just receieved my bachelor degree from Nova but was told by the PA program there that I must retake my science courses that are over ten years old. That would include A & P I and II, micro, biology and chemistry. Does anyone know about UF or the other schools? I decided to take them at the community college because it is much cheaper than Nova. After I finished the Respiratory Therapist program, I went back to school and never went to class and failed a bunch of classes that drastically reduced my GPA so re-taking these classes will boost my GPA. Another problem is work. I was told I can not work at all but was wondering who was able to work a little during the program for supplemental income. I was going to try to work a weekend or two a month. Anyone have any suggestions or people who have worked througout the proram? Good luck to all and thanks for the help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

pLove in Newport, Rhode Island

65 months ago

Cdavis10 in Zephyrhills, Florida said: I just decided to be a PA. I am a Junior at USF getting my bio degree i have an overall of 3.3-3.5 but I have no experience... I am applying to hospitals over Tampa and have set up several shadow days with local PAs. Do any of you have any advice to prepare to apply to UF. I cant afford Nova and I cannot afford to move out of FL. Thanks for your tips they are really appreciated!!
cdavis11@mail.usf.edu

Become an EMT. The course only lasts about three months, and studying biology makes it pretty basic/easy. Schools like to see some sort of training with a certificate or license for patient contact experience. Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cdjb in Lake Mary, Florida

65 months ago

lisagonzal1 in Boca Raton, Florida said: I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist. I just receieved my bachelor degree from Nova but was told by the PA program there that I must retake my science courses that are over ten years old. That would include A & P I and II, micro, biology and chemistry. Does anyone know about UF or the other schools? I decided to take them at the community college because it is much cheaper than Nova. After I finished the Respiratory Therapist program, I went back to school and never went to class and failed a bunch of classes that drastically reduced my GPA so re-taking these classes will boost my GPA. Another problem is work. I was told I can not work at all but was wondering who was able to work a little during the program for supplemental income. I was going to try to work a weekend or two a month. Anyone have any suggestions or people who have worked througout the proram? Good luck to all and thanks for the help

that's strange that Nova told you that about retaking courses over 10 yrs old. I contacted them about the same thing and they said there was no requirements for the timeframe of when you took your classes but the GRE had to be within the last 5 yrs. I contacted the Orlando campus. Maybe they are different?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bluesky in Winter Park, Florida

65 months ago

You all should check out the PA forums. www.physicianassistantforum.com I was googling something and this site came up... I thought indeed.com was only for job hunters! But, if you haven't been to the forum I suggest you go. There is a ton of information on there and those people will be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck!

PA Hopeful 2012 class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

beach21blonde in Jacksonville, Florida

62 months ago

Im in PA school at NOVA at the Jacksonville campus right now. I can tell you it is extremely competitive as well as is UF's PA program. I went to UF for my undergrad degree so I knew some of the PA students there. I've heard nothing but good things about UF PA program and NOVA is good as well but more expensive and less experienced. The Jacksonville campus is the newest (we are the first class) and I can tell you that they are expecting around 1500 applicants for 40 seats. We have a class of 40 now. They have had several hundred applicants already so apply now DONT WAIT!I dont know about the average of my class, but I can tell you that I graduated form UF with a 3.8 and had a GRE of 1050. They stress GPA and healthcare experience so volunteer and work in the health field as much as possible! good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beila in Santa Monica, California

61 months ago

Forgiven488 in Gainesville, Georgia said: I have a 3.8 science gpa from the past 60 hours ive taken but my overall gpa is a 2.8 due to my first 4 years degree in business where I didn't care. I am going to apply to Nova Southeastern's main campus in fort lauderdale, their orlando campus, and their naples campus. Also what do you people think of Dade college's PA program or barry college one in florida? Anybody got an interview there?

Did you ever get in? I just saw this post. I am applying next cycle. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ddrh in Gainesville, Florida

59 months ago

beach21blonde in Jacksonville, Florida said: Im in PA school at NOVA at the Jacksonville campus right now. I can tell you it is extremely competitive as well as is UF's PA program. I went to UF for my undergrad degree so I knew some of the PA students there. I've heard nothing but good things about UF PA program and NOVA is good as well but more expensive and less experienced. The Jacksonville campus is the newest (we are the first class) and I can tell you that they are expecting around 1500 applicants for 40 seats. We have a class of 40 now. They have had several hundred applicants already so apply now DONT WAIT!I dont know about the average of my class, but I can tell you that I graduated form UF with a 3.8 and had a GRE of 1050. They stress GPA and healthcare experience so volunteer and work in the health field as much as possible! good luck!

How many clinical hours did you have when you applied, just curious because I will be applying for next year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

beach21blonde in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

I dont remember exactly but I had around 1500 hours which I did working at Shands while at UF in undergrad and also volunteering. Good luck to you! APPLY EARLYYYYYYThe professors here at the Jacksonville campus mentioned for the 2010 entering class in June there is already around 1000 applicants for 40 seats, which is how many students that are in my class (class of 2011) so APPLY EARLYYY and keep calling and emailing and making sure everything is turned in and being reviewed and if you are selected for an interview they will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in North Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

beach21blonde....I have called and left messages, but no return calls?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

beach21blonde in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

what is the name of the person you are calling? Is it Nicki??? Also have you emailed, and if so who?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debi in Miami, Florida

59 months ago

For those of you referring to you GPA, do you mean the GPA you have from your university or the one calculated by CASPA?

I also am planning to apply to Nova's PA program (Ft. Lauderdale campus)next year (for 2012 admission) and am concerned about how my GPA will be calculated by CASPA.I have a 3.5 as far as my university, but I have repeated 3 courses from early on and that GPA is based on the forgiveness policy which does not factor in the initial attempt. I am not sure, but I think CASPA factors in ALL your courses without honoring any forgiveness policy. I did a crude attempt at getting my GPA using information on CASPA's website and ended up with a 3.4 non science and 3.1 science GPA. I also have worked for the last 5 years at a dermatologist's office, and in the last 2 years have had predominately hands on experience medical assisting (helping with biopsies, drawing blood, etc.).

I have yet to take the GRE but assuming I do well and with my experience considered do you think my GPA is competative enough to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in North Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

beach blond.....Nicole, should I email someone else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mitch Walker in Altamonte Springs, Florida

59 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am 30, "going back" to school currently, taking AP 1, and loving it. Like many above, I too was a business major the first time around. I studied hard, but my overall gpa was approximately a 2.8 if I'm correct. I always put the effort in, but in finance, I just struggled. Nevertheless, I am passionate about pursuing healthcare and specifically PA. I've been researching the industry as a whole (healthcare) for several months now, trying to figure out my place. I'm truly believing PA is it. That being said, as mentioned, I'm currently in AP 1 at Valencia Comm College in Orlando. I have no experience in working in healthcare, other than approximately 50 hours that I've seen from shadowing physical therapists. I know I can bust my butt and study to get the needed gpa, but will the lack of hours hinder me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

lacrosse defense in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

Hi, I am currently on the waitlist at jax - nova. I want to get in sooo bad, and the wait is so sad!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lacrosse defense in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

PS, does anyone know if there is anything one can do in the wait period from now til whenever they are done selecting to increase your wait list status at all? thx & good luck to us!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in North Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

lacrosse...I feel for you....I am still hoping for an interview. Do you know if the class is full already?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lacrosse defense in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

hi Nicole. I do not know. However, the "rumor" is that it is about 1/2 full and they are taking 45 students. Good luck to us. When did you apply? I'm sure they just haven't gotten to your app yet. Did you app to Nova Ft Myers too? I am also WL there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in North Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

lacrosse, I have applied to both programs. They received my app in Jan., so I was late applying. How about you? When did you apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lacrosse defense in Jacksonville, Florida

59 months ago

hi Nicole. I applied in August. I'm sure they are just wading thru the apps. I know tho, the waiting is difficult when you have your mind set on something. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in North Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

lacrosse....the wait is terrible...all I think about :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

R

59 months ago

beach21blonde in Jacksonville, Florida said: Im in PA school at NOVA at the Jacksonville campus right now. I can tell you it is extremely competitive as well as is UF's PA program. I went to UF for my undergrad degree so I knew some of the PA students there. I've heard nothing but good things about UF PA program and NOVA is good as well but more expensive and less experienced. The Jacksonville campus is the newest (we are the first class) and I can tell you that they are expecting around 1500 applicants for 40 seats. We have a class of 40 now. They have had several hundred applicants already so apply now DONT WAIT!I dont know about the average of my class, but I can tell you that I graduated form UF with a 3.8 and had a GRE of 1050. They stress GPA and healthcare experience so volunteer and work in the health field as much as possible! good luck!

Can you explain why they ask where else you have applied in the supplemental application? That's kind of odd, no?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KMB in Madison, Wisconsin

58 months ago

I think your GPA is competative enough. I didn't apply to Ft. Laud's campus, but I applied to Orlando and Ft. Myers Nova PA programs. I got interviews at both and accepted to both. My GPA was 3.1 overall with a similar science GPA; however, I had almost a 4.0 each of my last 2 semesters and took really hard classes. They really LOVED my healthcare experience. I've worked as an EMT for over a year, a CNA for almost 2 years, with misc. volunteering experience. I was the PA club prez at my undergrad university for the Pre-PA club for a year as well. I also did a lot of PA job shadowing. If you get a lot of background support for your resume, they really love that and GPA becomes less stressed. If all you have is an average GPA, you will tend to blend in a little more. I hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rnj

58 months ago

For Nova, why do they ask if you have any other interviews? What if you don't want to say? Please advise...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mitch Walker in Altamonte Springs, Florida

58 months ago

KMB in Madison, Wisconsin said: I think your GPA is competative enough. I didn't apply to Ft. Laud's campus, but I applied to Orlando and Ft. Myers Nova PA programs. I got interviews at both and accepted to both. My GPA was 3.1 overall with a similar science GPA; however, I had almost a 4.0 each of my last 2 semesters and took really hard classes. They really LOVED my healthcare experience. I've worked as an EMT for over a year, a CNA for almost 2 years, with misc. volunteering experience. I was the PA club prez at my undergrad university for the Pre-PA club for a year as well. I also did a lot of PA job shadowing. If you get a lot of background support for your resume, they really love that and GPA becomes less stressed. If all you have is an average GPA, you will tend to blend in a little more. I hope this helps!

When did you apply upon the 'window' period for applications being accepted? In other words, earlier or later, with regards to their deadline?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SC in Bowling Green, Ohio

58 months ago

Rnj said: For Nova, why do they ask if you have any other interviews? What if you don't want to say? Please advise...

RNJ: I'm not sure why Nova asks the question but many other schools also ask which schools you've applied to and your status with them as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way. When I applied I noted that I had not been invtited for any interviews thus far and was granted an interview and acceptance at the branches I applied to. My friend had already been accepted to another school and that didn't affect her being granted an interview or acceptance either. Just tell them the truth either way, I don't think it will affect their decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Layton, Utah

57 months ago

Hopefully someone can answer my question!

I am about a year and a half into undergrad and have decided I want to be a PA, however I don't have the greatest grades (2.7 GPA). I have been a part time student so I haven't taken very many classes (mostly just generals) and didn't take school as seriously as I should have. Does it look really bad if I have to take classes over again or are PA pograms more concerned with GPA? I am just afraid I have ruined any chance of getting into a PA program because of my prior grades. Also, I am taking anatomy for a second time (the first time I failed) and I think I'll get out of there with a C. I know I could do a lot better if I took it again but I don't know if it will make my transcript look worse. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy in Layton, Utah

57 months ago

Well Mitch thanks for your comment but my question wasn't answered. Like I said I still have at least three years in undergrad (I was a part time student) and WELL AWARE I need to be shooting for a 4.0. What I wanted to know is if taking classes over agian looks bad on my transcript. Also if you read my post, I stated that I have just decided that I wanted to try to become a PA. I haven't gotten into PA school yet or even applied, I am looking for some basic advice about GPA and transcripts. If anyone has answers in regards to those questions please give me some advice other than it's "PATHETIC" to get a C because I am well aware of that. I am in the process of findng a new job because I am working 50+ hours a week and need to be able to concentrate on school. I just want to know if repeat classes on a transcript look horrible- even if I retake them and get an A out of them. I have heard it looks worse to take a class over agian instead of just accepting the C or B that you get out of them. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Caitlynn in Tampa, Florida

57 months ago

The PA schools average GPA is between a 3.8-4.0. Plus yrs of experience in the medicine field. Plus high GRE scores. I recommend you try to get grade forgiveness. As that would mean your F would be replaced by the C. That would be your best bet to upping your GPA.

On a side note, if you are not 100% focused on school then I doubt you will raise your GPA enough. I understand that you said you are working 50+ hours a week, but you have to change that in order for your grades to go up. An admission adviser will tell you that if you have not gotten a B or an A in Anatomy I by your second try, that maybe you need to switch your goals. You can't even get into a nursing program without a B in Anatomy I. I am not trying to attack you or discourage your dreams but you will have to find a different way to study and get better grades to achieve them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mitch Walker in Cromwell, Connecticut

57 months ago

Well, sorry that you misinterpreted my comment. I think Caitlynn in Tampa has it well said and that's basically what I was trying to say. On that note, Caitlynn, are you a PA student? I am from Tampa, not Cromwell CT as shown on here. I will say that having spoke to an advisor at NOVA just last week, the average gpa is not as high as a 3.8-4.0, but it is high. A 2.8/2.9 is the minimum they'll accept, and if applied early enough, that might, MIGHT get you a break, but not likely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

suzganote in Portland, Oregon

55 months ago

Stacy in Layton, Utah said: Well Mitch thanks for your comment but my question wasn't answered. Like I said I still have at least three years in undergrad (I was a part time student) and WELL AWARE I need to be shooting for a 4.0. What I wanted to know is if taking classes over agian looks bad on my transcript. Also if you read my post, I stated that I have just decided that I wanted to try to become a PA. I haven't gotten into PA school yet or even applied, I am looking for some basic advice about GPA and transcripts. If anyone has answers in regards to those questions please give me some advice other than it's "PATHETIC" to get a C because I am well aware of that. I am in the process of findng a new job because I am working 50+ hours a week and need to be able to concentrate on school. I just want to know if repeat classes on a transcript look horrible- even if I retake them and get an A out of them. I have heard it looks worse to take a class over agian instead of just accepting the C or B that you get out of them. Thanks!

I got accepted to Nova after getting a C in biochem, was accepted ( my second time applying) and graduated from the PA program with the Chancellor's Award. I was retaking it during my application process, and got an A. The essential truth is, they need to know you have what it takes to get through the PA program. If you can get an interview, wow them with YOU, and explain why you started out with a lower GPA, you'll be fine. They'll be looking at your overall science GPA in the end. It sounds like there are no obstacles that you can't overcome, Stacey. Good luck! If you decide you really want to be a PA, you can make it happen!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suzganote in Portland, Oregon

55 months ago

More advice... If you don't get into the program of your choice the first time, keep trying! Persistence is an important quality to have in any field, including medicine... Don't give up on a dream, no matter what!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

H-T- in Miami, Florida

53 months ago

Rose Schanel in Beverly Hills, Florida said: UF isn't as cheap as you think it is, remember the you have to pay around 300.00 a month in parking alone and you have to pay to park at shands were you do your clinical rotations and their fees didn't include books and other fees. the cost comes close to Nova when you add it all up. Good luck

UF is around $382.00/credit hour. Nova's program comes out to around $413.00/credit hour. Remember, UF has a lighter program in that it's only 80 semester credits. Most PA programs are over 130 semester credits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MReisman in Tallahassee, Florida

52 months ago

does anyone know how long Nova Fort Myers/Naples PA program has been around for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

51 months ago

I have my Nova interview next week and Barry 2 weeks after than. I noticed on Nova's interview packet that there is a written section... Any accepted Nova students care to share their experiences? What to expect would really help me. I have been accepted into my back up school already so I have a little less pressure but Nova is still me first choice. Thanks-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

softballchicky4 in Camarillo, California

51 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have my Nova interview next week and Barry 2 weeks after than. I noticed on Nova's interview packet that there is a written section... Any accepted Nova students care to share their experiences? What to expect would really help me. I have been accepted into my back up school already so I have a little less pressure but Nova is still me first choice. Thanks-

Hello everyone, I just got offered an interview at Western University in either November or January. I chose November because I felt the earlier the better right? Can anyone give me information on what to expect for the interview or advice on what Western U is looking for during interview day? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

balmertina in District of Columbia

51 months ago

Sarah in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Just saw this post- did you ever get in? I'm starting to take my pre-req's now to try and apply for PA school in the fall. Unfortunately, I really screwed up my undergrad with an Art degree and a low GPA. I'm hoping I can get straight A's with my pre-reqs and prove to them I have changed my ways and am ready for this.

Are you trying to begin a program in the Fall of 2011? just curious. I feel like i was behind because i just submitted my applications to begin a program in 2011 so i was wondering if you are doing the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

balmertina in District of Columbia

51 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have my Nova interview next week and Barry 2 weeks after than. I noticed on Nova's interview packet that there is a written section... Any accepted Nova students care to share their experiences? What to expect would really help me. I have been accepted into my back up school already so I have a little less pressure but Nova is still me first choice. Thanks-

HI, just curious because i just applied to Barry - St. Petersburg Campus for Fall 2011. have you already heard from them? if so, when did you submit your application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole V in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

Hello

I am in the process of applying to Nova's and Barry's PA program for Fall of 2011. I will complete my application within a week, is that too late too apply? Will they even consider me so soon to the deadline?

I am nervous there will be no spots left.

Also, can I apply prior to having all my recommendation letters, or do I need to have all 3?

After researching all the PA programs in Florida, I see Keiser has one as well. Is their program any good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Devi10 in San Diego, California

51 months ago

Hey Everyone!

I have an interview at Jacksonville at the end of the month. Does anyone know what your chances are if you have an interview? I am super nervous... dont know what to expect. Any advice would be great!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

51 months ago

I'm not sure about Jax, but Ft. Lauderdale campus interviews 160 and has 80 seats. You have pretty good chances :) Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

51 months ago

Nicole V in Miami, Florida said: Hello

I am in the process of applying to Nova's and Barry's PA program for Fall of 2011. I will complete my application within a week, is that too late too apply? Will they even consider me so soon to the deadline?

I am nervous there will be no spots left.

Also, can I apply prior to having all my recommendation letters, or do I need to have all 3?

After researching all the PA programs in Florida, I see Keiser has one as well. Is their program any good?

I applied to Keiser as a back up program and got in. They have no reputation because they have never had a graduating class. The program is brand new. After my interview, I felt the school left me with a positive impression. The instructors seemed knowledgeable, the class size is only 18-20 so no one is going to slip through the cracks and all of their testing is done in a way which prepares you for the PANCE exam. I would apply to at least gain interview experience and keep it as an option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

AppGal in Boone, North Carolina

51 months ago

Devi10 in San Diego, California said: Hey Everyone!

I have an interview at Jacksonville at the end of the month. Does anyone know what your chances are if you have an interview? I am super nervous... dont know what to expect. Any advice would be great!!

How long ago did you apply? I just applied to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Myers, so I was wondering about how long I should wait to hear back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lacrossegirl

51 months ago

Hi devi... I'm a current nova jax student. I'm not positive but
I think the odds are about 1/3. So good odds!!
Just be ready for questions about you and be
professional and ull do great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Go UF in Gainesville, Florida

51 months ago

Rose Schanel in Beverly Hills, Florida said: UF isn't as cheap as you think it is, remember the you have to pay around 300.00 a month in parking alone and you have to pay to park at shands were you do your clinical rotations and their fees didn't include books and other fees. the cost comes close to Nova when you add it all up. Good luck

They have a fantastic bus system. DON'T pay for parking. That's dumb. Even if you do purchase one, there's no guarantee for you to have a parking spot. (UF undergard)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.