I am trying to get into Nova Southeastern PA program? Anybody with a 2.8 overall get in?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 328)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FIUGrad in Miami, Florida

67 months ago

balmertina in District of Columbia said: HI, just curious because i just applied to Barry - St. Petersburg Campus for Fall 2011. have you already heard from them? if so, when did you submit your application?

Hi Balmertina

I submitted my application to CASPA Aug 28th, they took until Sept 20th to verify it and send it to schools. I received an interview for Nova-Ft Lauderdale Campus for Nov, and Barry for Dec.

Best of Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Amheelan in Charlotte, North Carolina

66 months ago

beach21blonde in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I dont remember exactly but I had around 1500 hours which I did working at Shands while at UF in undergrad and also volunteering. Good luck to you! APPLY EARLYYYYYYThe professors here at the Jacksonville campus mentioned for the 2010 entering class in June there is already around 1000 applicants for 40 seats, which is how many students that are in my class (class of 2011) so APPLY EARLYYY and keep calling and emailing and making sure everything is turned in and being reviewed and if you are selected for an interview they will let you know.

Hey there...I just got an interview for the PA program at Nova! It is in 2 weeks...I'm very excited/nervous! I would love to talk to someone such as yourself that has been through the process and is currently taking classes. I would also like to here how you like the program and what not...do you have facebook or email or something? Or you could just respond on here...Thank you so much for your help..hope to hear from you!
-Anna-Charlotte, NC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bnstudent in Opa Locka, Florida

66 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I have my Nova interview next week and Barry 2 weeks after than. I noticed on Nova's interview packet that there is a written section... Any accepted Nova students care to share their experiences? What to expect would really help me. I have been accepted into my back up school already so I have a little less pressure but Nova is still me first choice. Thanks-

what was your gpa, GRE, and experience?

Gansargirl in Mesa, Arizona

66 months ago

I have an interview at Nova Jacksonville next week- does anyone have any idea what I should expect as far as questions, writing prompt, etc? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

linds2623 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

66 months ago

Can anyone give me a heads up as to what is in the supplemental application from Nova? I am expecting to receive the supplemental app while out of the country and would like to be able to take whatever information i need to fill it out while i am out of town so that it will reduce the time delay. does it come e-mail or direct mail? any information would be greatly appreciated.

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

66 months ago

linds2623 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can anyone give me a heads up as to what is in the supplemental application from Nova? I am expecting to receive the supplemental app while out of the country and would like to be able to take whatever information i need to fill it out while i am out of town so that it will reduce the time delay. does it come e-mail or direct mail? any information would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't wait for it to come, just go online and fill it out. You basically just sign your name over again and give them $50. You won't need any new information, it takes ten minutes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

AppGal in Boone, North Carolina

66 months ago

linds2623 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can anyone give me a heads up as to what is in the supplemental application from Nova? I am expecting to receive the supplemental app while out of the country and would like to be able to take whatever information i need to fill it out while i am out of town so that it will reduce the time delay. does it come e-mail or direct mail? any information would be greatly appreciated.

I applied to NOVA in Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Myers. Both included basic info you already have on CASPA including courses you are currently taking and plan to take (if applicable). Ft. Myers didn't take much time at all but Ft. Lauderdale took a little longer because they had two essay questions. I can't quite remember both questions, but one had to do with explaining anything extra in which you would like admissions to know that CASPA did not already ask about. I wound up typing it in a word document, then copied & pasted my responses. The supplemental app. suggests you do this because there is a time limit before the page closes out. For the most part, it's not NEARLY as extensive as CASPA. Sorry this answer isn't straight forward but it can vary from person to person depending on how long you take for the essays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AppGal in Boone, North Carolina

66 months ago

Amheelan in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey there...I just got an interview for the PA program at Nova! It is in 2 weeks...I'm very excited/nervous! I would love to talk to someone such as yourself that has been through the process and is currently taking classes. I would also like to here how you like the program and what not...do you have facebook or email or something? Or you could just respond on here...Thank you so much for your help..hope to hear from you!
-Anna-Charlotte, NC

Hi Amheelan, I'm from NC too! Which NOVA is your interview at? I have one coming up on the 29th in Ft. Lauderdale!

balmertina in District of Columbia

66 months ago

AppGal in Boone, North Carolina said: Hi Amheelan, I'm from NC too! Which NOVA is your interview at? I have one coming up on the 29th in Ft. Lauderdale!

hi. i have applied to both of these programs as well but have not heard a WORD from them. how long did you wait till you heard anything from them? aft4er you submitted your CASPA application how long did it take them to respond? and i know this is personal and you do not have to answer but what was your overall CASPA GPA? mine is a lot lower than i thought it was going to be.

Lalita

66 months ago

FuturePA85 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I'm almost done with my first semester at Nova Southeastern in Fort Lauderdale. I love it, my GPA wasn't super high 3.2 but I volunteered and did other activities that helped me to be well rounded. Also I worked the entire time I was at UCF in Orlando so even though Nova is expensive a lot of the costs are built in unlike other universities (ie parking is free here). Oh and I did not have a cosigner and had never taken out a loan before, I had no problem getting the money I needed and I even have some left over from this semester that I'm going to roll over to the next semester. Though the cost of living is very high here. I recommend if you are applying )if you haven't already started) go volunteer at a hospital and get some 1:1 patient skills. Good Luck!!

Hi FuturePA85: Did you finish the PA program at Nova in FTL? How was the program for you, overall?

Thanks! :)

Lalita

suzganote in Portland, Oregon

66 months ago

balmertina in District of Columbia said: hi. i have applied to both of these programs as well but have not heard a WORD from them. how long did you wait till you heard anything from them? aft4er you submitted your CASPA application how long did it take them to respond? and i know this is personal and you do not have to answer but what was your overall CASPA GPA? mine is a lot lower than i thought it was going to be.

CALL IMMEDIATELY! This gives you an opportunity to get your personal voice in front of the admissions counselor who might be handling your application. Let your enthusiasm show... the Admissions Counselor can have positive/ negative input into your application getting noticed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lovetolaugh99 in Staten Island, New York

64 months ago

Hi all!

I recently graduated from the University of Tampa and I am applying to NOVA Southeastern at a few locations. I am sort of cutting it very close in terms of the supplemental application. By the time I gain access to the supplemental app (when they receive my CASPA) it will most likely be very, very close to the due date of the supplemental application.

Does anyone have the supplemental application questions to any of the following schools:
NOVA- Jacksonville
NOVA- Fort Myers
NOVA- Orlando

If not do you know where I can access them?

Thanks so much!
Kristin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MANdrew in Epping, New Hampshire

64 months ago

PA school applicants, there is a great blog at www.andrewrodican.com/blog/ You can find info on the interview, application, and basic success strategies. Applicants can also sign up for a free webinar at www.AndrewRodican.com, "The 5 Mistakes You Must Never Make When Applying to PA School"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

suzeb26 in O Fallon, Illinois

64 months ago

Hi Everyone- I have decided to finally go back to school to become a PA. I do have a few preqequisite classes that I am starting to take but will probably be applying in the next year or two. I have an undergrad GPA of 3.8 and am yet to take the GRE. I have been in the healthcare field as a registered sleep technologist and sleep lab manager since I graduated from college in 1998 so I have loads of healthcare experience. Does anyone know if there is much emphasis put on the applicant's age? I am currently 35 and was just wondering if that would have any impact on my acceptance.

Thanks for any input you might have!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blue cloud in Stone Mountain, Georgia

64 months ago

You are quite young, and your age will not hurt your chances at all. Quite a few people in their late 30s and 40s go to PA school. Also, I have a friend who went through medical school at the age of 50. So, don't let age distract you or deter you :).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mhemingway14 in Ashland City, Tennessee

64 months ago

How was your interview with NOVA Jacksonville? I have applied, but haven't heard anything yet? How did they inform you that you had an interview?

JustMe

63 months ago

For anyone who has had an interview, what kind of questions did they ask? I have an interview coming up in Ft.Lauderdale! I am soo nervous!! I would really appreciate some advice! Thanks! :)

Novahopeful in Boca Raton, Florida

63 months ago

I submitted my application to CASPA in October. It took awhile for my references to submit even when I emailed reminders to them about deadlines. They finally submitted them and my application went into the processing queue on November 3.

It can take CASPA up to 6 weeks when they are busy to process the application and mail it to your schools. It took only 2 weeks for me and my applications were mailed Nov 23. It takes approx a week once the school's receive them to put them into their system and then they'll email you for the supplemental application. The school's close for two days at Thanksgiving and then approx 3 weeks at Christmas.

I received my supplemental application on Dec 8th (for Nova Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Fort Myers campuses) and sent them in immediately. They processed it by December 15. On January 3rd I was contacted via email from the Fort Lauderdale campus to interview. The next week Orlando campus called me to interview. I had my interview in Fort Lauderdale on Friday Jan 28, 2011. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got in. I still haven't heard from the Fort Myers campus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FAU GRAD in West Palm Beach, Florida

63 months ago

Novahopeful in Boca Raton, Florida said: I submitted my application to CASPA in October. It took awhile for my references to submit even when I emailed reminders to them about deadlines. They finally submitted them and my application went into the processing queue on November 3.

It can take CASPA up to 6 weeks when they are busy to process the application and mail it to your schools. It took only 2 weeks for me and my applications were mailed Nov 23. It takes approx a week once the school's receive them to put them into their system and then they'll email you for the supplemental application. The school's close for two days at Thanksgiving and then approx 3 weeks at Christmas.

I received my supplemental application on Dec 8th (for Nova Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Fort Myers campuses) and sent them in immediately. They processed it by December 15. On January 3rd I was contacted via email from the Fort Lauderdale campus to interview. The next week Orlando campus called me to interview. I had my interview in Fort Lauderdale on Friday Jan 28, 2011. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got in. I still haven't heard from the Fort Myers campus.

Hey "novahopeful in boca raton", I went to FAU also. I just wanted to ask you a few questions about what your grades and healthcare experience. I am really interested in applying for next years class. Just need a little advise. If its better I can email you. Thanks

novahopeful in Boca Raton, Florida

63 months ago

FAU GRAD in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hey "novahopeful in boca raton", I went to FAU also. I just wanted to ask you a few questions about what your grades and healthcare experience. I am really interested in applying for next years class. Just need a little advise. If its better I can email you. Thanks

Hi
My grades were pretty good. Overall GPA is a 3.5/3.6 before CASPA recalculated it. I repeated one course that was not included from my college in the GPA but is included in CASPA so it did lower to an overall CASPA GPA of 3.43. My last three semesters have been 4.0 which helped a lot. I'm in my last semester now and so far I have a 4.0. As far as healthcare experience. I shadowed one summer but was able to get a lot of hours (240) It helped that the PA I shadowed was a Nova graduate. They don't really look at hours but rather experience and your knowledge of the profession.

Hope that helps.

63 months ago

novahopeful in Boca Raton, Florida said: Hi
My grades were pretty good. Overall GPA is a 3.5/3.6 before CASPA recalculated it. I repeated one course that was not included from my college in the GPA but is included in CASPA so it did lower to an overall CASPA GPA of 3.43. My last three semesters have been 4.0 which helped a lot. I'm in my last semester now and so far I have a 4.0. As far as healthcare experience. I shadowed one summer but was able to get a lot of hours (240) It helped that the PA I shadowed was a Nova graduate. They don't really look at hours but rather experience and your knowledge of the profession.

Hope that helps.

Oh ok sounds good. That really did help. I was just curious about the healthcare experience because they recommended that I go get certified in some field such as emt or cna . etc. to gain more healthcare experience because it is getting more competitive to get accepted. Also did you ever hear back from nova ?

62 months ago

FAU GRAD in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Oh ok sounds good. That really did help. I was just curious about the healthcare experience because they recommended that I go get certified in some field such as emt or cna . etc. to gain more healthcare experience because it is getting more competitive to get accepted. Also did you ever hear back from nova ?

I'm sure any amount of health care experience will help. Do you have any experience so far? Are you planning on applying for the June 2012 class? Where do you plan on applying?

it in Davenport, Florida

62 months ago

Forgiven488 in Gainesville, Georgia said: I have a 3.8 science gpa from the past 60 hours ive taken but my overall gpa is a 2.8 due to my first 4 years degree in business where I didn't care. I am going to apply to Nova Southeastern's main campus in fort lauderdale, their orlando campus, and their naples campus. Also what do you people think of Dade college's PA program or barry college one in florida? Anybody got an interview there?

Overall GPA is Key!!!
Serious considerations are given to candidates
with an overall GPA of 3.0 and over 1,000 GRE.

62 months ago

Novahopeful in Boca Raton, Florida said: I'm sure any amount of health care experience will help. Do you have any experience so far? Are you planning on applying for the June 2012 class? Where do you plan on applying?

I have been shadowing a PA since october of 2011. And i have a lot of shadowing experience from undergrad studies at fau but mostly with doctors and hospitals. Yes i plan to apply for june 2012 class. And i want to apply to nova in davie and barry in miami.

62 months ago

FAU GRAD in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I have been shadowing a PA since october of 2011. And i have a lot of shadowing experience from undergrad studies at fau but mostly with doctors and hospitals. Yes i plan to apply for june 2012 class. And i want to apply to nova in davie and barry in miami.

It sounds like you have plenty of healthcare experience. Good luck in your application process.

61 months ago

I had my interview with Nova Fort Lauderdale in Jan 2011. I was accepted but placed on the waitlist because the class was already full. I called every few weeks and slowly moved up the list.

I got an email today saying the admission committee wanted to offer me a spot for the June 2011 class. I am so happy!!!

The best advice I can offer is to submit your CASPA application early. It can take time for your references and transcripts to reach CASPA. Then a few weeks for them to process and mail to the school. Then a few more weeks for the schools to upload it into their systems. So get everything done early.

Good luck!

Evan PA in Old Town, Maine

60 months ago

Hey everyone! I am a 26 year old who just graduated with a B.S. in Science Education, but have decided that the PA profession is what I truly want to be involved in. I am currently taking a few of the prerequisites that I have left. I graduated with a little over a 3.1 GPA in my degree, but last semester my science prereq GPA was approximately 3.5. I am set to take microbiology and OChem this summer, as well as volunteering at an ER/PA shadowing. If my science GPA maintains around a 3.5, and I gain this experience over the summer, do you believe that this is a competitive package? Any advice would be so helpful, thank you very much!

mohansic in West Palm Beach, Florida

59 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I applied to Keiser as a back up program and got in. They have no reputation because they have never had a graduating class. The program is brand new. After my interview, I felt the school left me with a positive impression. The instructors seemed knowledgeable, the class size is only 18-20 so no one is going to slip through the cracks and all of their testing is done in a way which prepares you for the PANCE exam. I would apply to at least gain interview experience and keep it as an option.

Just curious - What were the interviews like at Keiser? Please share your experience.

59 months ago

Keiser interview was a three step interview.

First, you enter a room with the interviewing panel ( who are just listening to you, not interacting) and the other potential students. You are asked to resolve an issue together. This is a timed exercise. I didn't have a chance to interact with any of the other students beforehand so it was a little nerve wracking (which is the point) The problem we needed to solve was figuring out which of the five of us potential students deserved a seat in the program ( pretending there was only one). It was difficult because you certainly want to shine but not look cocky. If you get this task try to think like an admissions director and ask the other students about their experiences which might not be on their application to see who would be the most qualified. I don't think this exercise has anything to do with being chosen, it's about working with a group of strangers.

The next part was a written essay. It was on something very technical, rather than abstract. We had to write an essay on an anatomy based question.

The final part of the interview was a panel interview. I was called into a room with about four professors/ administrators for questioning. Questions included technical, ethical, and field based types. The questions came very quickly, one a person would ask a question after the last word of my answer.

Overall it was a lot more difficult that I had imagined it to be and my state of mind ( thinking it was a back up school) was probably the only thing that got me through it, because I usually get very nervous at interviews.

The interview panel was very knowledgeable and seemed interested in their students succeeding. Hope this helps and good luck!

59 months ago

Thank you so very much for all your help and direction. It certainly was a challenging interview process and I am grateful to you for your insight and prospective on the process.

I just submitted my supplemental application and CASPA mailed my information on Friday. According to the Admissions Counselor, the interview process has not started. Did the interview process include questions on your application and narrative? Last year I applied to NSU in December, but all the seats were gone by the time they received my application. According to the Admissions Counselor at NSU, I did not have enough health care experience, since I came from the business world and I was competing against EMTs, nurses, and other medical professionals. I hope to at least get the opportunity for an interview, so I will keep say my prayers.

Thank you once again for all your kindness and support!

59 months ago

My keiser interview did include questions about my application and narrative, but it was not a main focus. If you have any low grades be prepared to explain them and if any part of your narrative sticks out they may ask you to elaborate. Also, if they ask you your favorite subject be prepared to answers questions within that field. Some poor guy after me said biochem and they asked him to explain the Krebs cycle!

I believe I submitted my CASPA in june and they called me the same day to start following up with transcripts. My interview was not until July or Aug ( I can't recall exactly). I heard back from them that I had been accepted within two days. Keiser starts in Jan so it kind of screws up other applications that begin in the fall. I put down a deposit to hold my seat until I heard back from my first choice school months after. My Barry and Nova interviews were in October. I hope this timeline helps a bit, feel free to ask me any other questions you may have, I know it's a stressful experience!

59 months ago

Thanks again FAUgradstudent. So are you currently at NSU or Barry? For someone who gets nervous during interviews, it sounds like you handled the interview at Keiser smoothly and confidently. It must have felt great to hear back from Keiser within two days. That was truly awesome and impressive on your part.

I am a returning student who has just completed all my prerequisites and feel good about how I did. Since I do not have a healthcare background, I am concerned about how that will impact my chances. However, I do have great letters of recommendations, shadowing experience, and lots of motivation.

I feel bad for that guy who said that his favorite class was biochemistry and had to describe the krebs cycle. What technical essay question was asked regarding anatomy?

Also, it seems like the first part of the interview was having the applicants interview each other to determine who was most qualified for the last seat. That sounds like a very clever approach to screening five people.

Yes, I agree - this is a very stressful process and at this point, all I can do is try my best if I do get an interview. I met with the Admissions Counselor at Keiser and she thought that I was a good applicant who should move forward with applying, but I realize that she is not the decision maker.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you for being there for me. You help has been incredible.

Pre-PA in North Carolina

59 months ago

mohansic where all did you apply this year?

59 months ago

I applied only to Keiser. NSU wanted me to get more healthcare experience and at 50, I would like to get started right away. Barry is too far. This may have been a tactical mistake.

PA-S

59 months ago

I'm a PA student @ Barry. Just my opinions here but u would increase ur chances by also applying to Barry. But I do understand wanting to start asap. That's why I'm at barry. Saved me a year or at least 9 months of wait time.

I talked with some of the Kaiser folks n really liked them a lot. Super nice profs from those I talked to last fall

Good luck to u!!! :)

59 months ago

Much appreciation for your advice. Do you like the program at Barry? I met with an Admissions Counselor who was great (Amy), and she encouraged me to apply. How is the commute to Barry? I was concerned about the AM Miami traffic. A friend of mine works in Miami and spends hours a day commuting each way, so I was concerned about adding more stress to an already rigorous program.

star in Gainesville, Florida

59 months ago

Hey guys! I am a senior at the University of Florida. I currently have a 3.62 gpa but intend on reaching a 3.7 before graduation in December. I got my license as a nursing assistant but I have yet to start my hrs because getting hired at the hospital here is VERY hard. I have not taken the GRE yet since I plan to take a year off to rack up alot of hours. I would love to go to NSU in Orlando or Barry Univ for fall 2013.

Right now I am just torn about how I should spend my free time while waiting to get hired??

59 months ago

Your welcome! I am currently starting at Barry University in August. My technical essay was to compare and contrast the endocrine and exocrine system. My method to the first part of the interview was to think of something that I thought I had that no one else did and ask the other members about it, so that when it came to my turn to answer the question I was at an advantage. It sounds confusing, but I could tell that the other applicants were young so I thought I had a good chance of being the only one in graduate school. I asked them if they had continued education beyond their bachelors degree. Everyone else said no, and when they came to asking me, I had a chance to speak about the graduate degree I was at the time working on. My advice would be to use you business knowledge as something at sets you apart from others. If you applied to Barry of Nova, I would be more than happy to assist you in preparing for their interviews as well. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I cannot thank you enough, for the information that you provided is invaluable. My very best wishes to you always and much future success at Barry. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. You sound like you will be a phenomenal PA! I do apologize for all the questions, but all the information that you provided is very much appreciated. All the best always...

59 months ago

My pleasure! I know how stressful it is and how much a little insight can help :) Best of luck to everyone!

Tori in Gainesville, Florida

59 months ago

KMB in Madison, Wisconsin said: I think your GPA is competative enough. I didn't apply to Ft. Laud's campus, but I applied to Orlando and Ft. Myers Nova PA programs. I got interviews at both and accepted to both. My GPA was 3.1 overall with a similar science GPA; however, I had almost a 4.0 each of my last 2 semesters and took really hard classes. They really LOVED my healthcare experience. I've worked as an EMT for over a year, a CNA for almost 2 years, with misc. volunteering experience. I was the PA club prez at my undergrad university for the Pre-PA club for a year as well. I also did a lot of PA job shadowing. If you get a lot of background support for your resume, they really love that and GPA becomes less stressed. If all you have is an average GPA, you will tend to blend in a little more. I hope this helps!

To gain experience as a CNA, which type of setting did you work at? I read from the UF website that the application administration looks less favorably on students that gain direct patient care experience at nursing homes, because you would get less variability with patients. Thanks! Wish you best of luck in the PA program :]

59 months ago

as a cna u can work in a hospital setting

Tori in Gainesville, Florida

59 months ago

star in Gainesville, Florida said: as a cna u can work in a hospital setting

Yes, I understand. However, it is hard to find a position as PCA or CCA in a hospital setting in Gainesville, Fl. Since, I am and will be a full time student at UF for the next 1.5 years. Do you have any advice for attaining a CNA position in Gainesville? Thanks!

59 months ago

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I attend UF and just got my CNA license about a month ago and I am trying VERY hard to get a job at Shands however inorder to get a quick interview you have to know someone who works at the hospital. Right now I am just trying to find someone who will let me put them on my application :/ . A girl who got her license the exact same as me and applied the same time as I did got an interview because her mother in law works at shands. Its not fair. But my advice would be to network more and try to find some1 who wrks at shands

59 months ago

Tori in Gainesville, Florida said: Yes, I understand. However, it is hard to find a position as PCA or CCA in a hospital setting in Gainesville, Fl. Since, I am and will be a full time student at UF for the next 1.5 years. Do you have any advice for attaining a CNA position in Gainesville? Thanks!

also, since you will be a full time student like I will be, I would suggest working saturday and sunday. It will be very difficult and stressful but worth it in the end.

Devi10 in Escondido, California

59 months ago

Hello all,

This is my second year applying to PA programs. I interviewed at NOVA Jacksonville last year and they said they liked me, but wanted to see some clinical experience. I have since become a phlebotomist. I was wondering if that seemed like a good step? Anyone here going to NOVA Jacksonville?

59 months ago

I was looking at my transcript and can't help but cringe when I see the C+ in Intro to Chemistry. I do not know what to do about this since PA schools require Chem 1 and 2 which I got a "B" and "A" in respectively. Should I retake this course or just leave it as is?

59 months ago

I think you should be fine. You are showing that you are improving with every Chem course you take and that definitely speaks volumes. I got a "C" in general chem 2 and still got into all but one of the programs I applied to. Good Luck!

59 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I think you should be fine. You are showing that you are improving with every Chem course you take and that definitely speaks volumes. I got a "C" in general chem 2 and still got into all but one of the programs I applied to. Good Luck!

Thank you!

Angie in Miami, Florida

59 months ago

Hi, I'm trying to get into MDC P.A program. I have a 3.94 overall GPA and a 3.85 science GPA. I'm done with all the prereq clasess; however, I dont have any experience in health care. Should I apply to the program or just wait until I do some volunteer work at a medical office or hospital????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.