I am trying to get into Nova Southeastern PA program? Anybody with a 2.8 overall get in?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 328)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Kallie in Warner Robins, Georgia

35 months ago

sasha in Daytona Beach, Florida said: Well, I have 3.5 and 3.6 GPA, close to 2000 health care experience hr. I shadowed 3 PAs...My GRE quantitative score is high, however verbal is low. I also have 350 hr of volunteering. Did you call them? If not, you need to call them and check on a status of your application. Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply!
May I email you?
Your case sounds very similar to mine.
I called a while back & I was told that there really wasn't a way to check my status.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Jacksonville, Florida

35 months ago

oh yeah, they even let people in the PA program with Associates degrees so dont even bother with a BS. piece of cake. but why would you want to go there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Daytona Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Kallie in Warner Robins, Georgia said: Thanks for your reply!
May I email you?
Your case sounds very similar to mine.
I called a while back & I was told that there really wasn't a way to check my status.

Sure, women832000@yahoo.com

ReadyforPASchool in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Good evening, Just a quick question. I wanted to know if anyone got any interviews for Barry University. I just got the e-mail that they received my information. I am praying to god I get in. Thank you in advance for your help

Jim in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

sasha in Daytona Beach, Florida said: I just received my interview next week in Jacksonville.

Hi Sasha. My name is James and I will be interviewing in Jacksonville the 17th of Feb and was curious on how your interview went. I am currently finishing my last two prerequisites. I have applied to Nova Orlando as well, but have heard nothing about an interview yet. Any insight you may have is greatly appreciated.

James

A in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Jim in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Sasha. My name is James and I will be interviewing in Jacksonville the 17th of Feb and was curious on how your interview went. I am currently finishing my last two prerequisites. I have applied to Nova Orlando as well, but have heard nothing about an interview yet. Any insight you may have is greatly appreciated.

James

Hey James
When did you hear back from Jacksonville?
I was rejected from ft laud. They didn't send me anything but I called last week and they told me over the phone
I haven't heard from Jacksonville, ft. Myers, or a Naples.
I had an interview with Orlando 2 weeks go yesterday, still haven't heard.

Jim in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

A in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hey James
When did you hear back from Jacksonville?
I was rejected from ft laud. They didn't send me anything but I called last week and they told me over the phone
I haven't heard from Jacksonville, ft. Myers, or a Naples.
I had an interview with Orlando 2 weeks go yesterday, still haven't heard.

I heard from Jacksonville concerning scheduling my interview last week. I called for the appointment the same day. I have been in contact with Orlando but have yet to hear them about interviewing.

ac in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

34 months ago

I had my interview at Nova Ft. Lauderdale January 30th and recently received a letter from them letting me know I am an 'alternate' candidate. I wanted to find out more information so this morning I called the admissions counselor...

34 months ago

and was told that they had received a ton of applications this year and are still currently interviewing applicants although there aren't any seats left for this year's class and the possibility of them going to the alternate list is very slim.

34 months ago

somehow the two messages above got flipped.

Anthony in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

34 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I think you should be fine. You are showing that you are improving with every Chem course you take and that definitely speaks volumes. I got a "C" in general chem 2 and still got into all but one of the programs I applied to. Good Luck!

what did you have when u applied? shadowing hours, lor's, etc... gpa thank you!

FAUgradstudent in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

My undergrad GPA was 3.65, Science GPA 3.5. Graduate GPA 4.0. Shadowing hours were around 500. GRE was 1100. Community service/ volunteer was a 200 hrs.

ptl_u in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

FuturePA85 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I'm almost done with my first semester at Nova Southeastern in Fort Lauderdale. I love it, my GPA wasn't super high 3.2 but I volunteered and did other activities that helped me to be well rounded. Also I worked the entire time I was at UCF in Orlando so even though Nova is expensive a lot of the costs are built in unlike other universities (ie parking is free here). Oh and I did not have a cosigner and had never taken out a loan before, I had no problem getting the money I needed and I even have some left over from this semester that I'm going to roll over to the next semester. Though the cost of living is very high here. I recommend if you are applying )if you haven't already started) go volunteer at a hospital and get some 1:1 patient skills. Good Luck!!

hey can you guide me? I am looking for PA ti shadow or should I just go to hospitals and volunteer? I would like to get some real world experience so looking for PA. I am junior in chemistry in ucf

kallie in Norman Park, Georgia

34 months ago

Hey!
Does anyone have an update on Nova Jacksonville? (Like where they stand or if any rejection letters have been sent out or how many seats have been filled?)

Jim in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

kallie in Norman Park, Georgia said: Hey!
Does anyone have an update on Nova Jacksonville? (Like where they stand or if any rejection letters have been sent out or how many seats have been filled?)

I interviewed in Jacksonville on February 17th and was told I would hear with in 2-3 weeks, perhaps sooner.

armand in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

34 months ago

hey Kallie,

I called them back in January and was told that I was in the 'grey' area for an interview. I haven't heard anything since but was told at the time that interviewing would go into March. So, I hope that helps some.

Armand

VTFed86 in South Boston, Virginia

34 months ago

Hey Everyone,
So I turned in my CASPA application to NOVA Jacksonville October 1st, and finished my secondary by the end of November. The administration department for all of NOVA had a great deal of problems with my applications and supplemental and getting it uploaded to their system. I finally received an Jan. for an interview which I had Jan 23rd. I received a letter a Feb 4th tell me that I had made the "alternative list". During my interivew they said I would hear back in 2-3 weeks.

ptl_u in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

Congrats.. where did you finish your shadowing hours and in which field of medicine
I need some guidance in the process did you apply any other PA school?

Armand in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

34 months ago

Congrats on making the alternate list. I had an interview with the program in Fort Lauderdale January 30 and also found out in early February that I was on their alternate list. I am still waiting to hear something about an interview for Jacksonville.

Armand

RadOncGal-FSCJ in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

I just attended and open house for Nova in Jacksonville for the PA Program. They told our group that they may be interviewing all the way up until April 25th. They definitely want people with hands-on medical experience, up to at least 1000 hours. Otherwise, you must shadow a physician or PA for up to six weeks to be considered. Showing is recommended even if you do have employment experience. GPA is important, but not nearly as important as your healthcare experiences as long as you stay at 3.0 or better. They will accepting GRE scores that are 40% and higher. We were told that they do not practice grade forgiveness. In fact, CASPA does most of that for them. Your profile and application won't even reach their hands unless you meet their pre-requisite benchmark. They really want to see that you are not only personable in an interview, but that you also have well-rounded life & employment experiences to back it up.

RadOncGal-FSCJ in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

RadOncGal-FSCJ in Jacksonville, Florida said: I just attended an open house for Nova in Jacksonville for the PA Program. They told our group that they may be interviewing all the way up until April 25th. They definitely want people with hands-on medical experience, up to at least 1000 hours. Otherwise, you must shadow a physician or PA for up to six weeks to be considered. Shadowing is recommended even if you do have employment experience. GPA is important, but not nearly as important as your healthcare experiences as long as you stay at 3.0 or better. They will accepting GRE scores that are 40% and higher. We were told that they do not practice grade forgiveness. In fact, CASPA does most of that for them. Your profile and application won't even reach their hands unless you meet their pre-requisite benchmark. They really want to see that you are not only personable in an interview, but that you also have well-rounded life & employment experiences to back it up.

Sorry, my "Smart" phone's autocorrect feature likes to wreak havok on my vocabulary on here. Ha ha!

Nlopez4 in Tampa, Florida

33 months ago

Can any one answer if barry has started to conduct interviews for possible applicants?
I applied there Dec7th and just received an email stating that all my information is completed and that my application is currently under review.. can anyone tell me if they are familiar with the admission process for barry university?

Thanks!

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

33 months ago

Hello, I am a current Barry student involved in giving interviewees tours. Interviews started in October and continue through March or April. Hope this helps, best of luck!

pahopeful in Jacksonville, Florida

33 months ago

I'm looking to be applying to PA schools here in Florida in about 2 years! I'm currently a sophomore at UNF! Is there any advice you guys could give to me in reference to what you wish you had done/done more of to boost your resume? I am just trying to be super cautious because I really want to be a PA! :)

Krste162 in Phenix City, Alabama

33 months ago

Applied in early November and still have not heard back from Nova-Jacksonville yet. They told me to check back later. Will it show up on Webstar if your application is complete? Anyone heard from Mercer University-Atlanta, Ga? Thanks!

Nlopez4 in Tampa, Florida

33 months ago

Krste162 in Phenix City, Alabama said: Applied in early November and still have not heard back from Nova-Jacksonville yet. They told me to check back later. Will it show up on Webstar if your application is complete? Anyone heard from Mercer University-Atlanta, Ga? Thanks!

Hi, if you go to webstar you will not be able to find information. You need to contact the admissions office for the PA program in Jacksonville. Good luck

sara1234 in Maine

33 months ago

pahopeful in Jacksonville, Florida said: I'm looking to be applying to PA schools here in Florida in about 2 years! I'm currently a sophomore at UNF! Is there any advice you guys could give to me in reference to what you wish you had done/done more of to boost your resume? I am just trying to be super cautious because I really want to be a PA! :)

Drop out of University & go to Community College if you think for one second your GPA is suffering. GPA is everything. Good luck!

Doyoureasearch in Orange Park, Florida

32 months ago

sarah in Jacksonville, Florida said: oh yeah, they even let people in the PA program with Associates degrees so dont even bother with a BS. piece of cake. but why would you want to go there?

To be fair in response to this statement - I am assuming you are referring to the Nova PA Program in Jacksonville. They do not let just anyone into the program with an associates degree. For a short period there was an agreement between Nova and Florida State College at Jacksonville for students to be accepted after completing several requirements through FSCJ. I believe this agreement is no longer honored and you are required to have a BS to be accepted to the program. From what I read this was not a guarantee of acceptance. I am currently a student enrolled at Jax and we do have a fellow student who completed requirements through FSCJ but he also has 26 years of experience in the Navy as an independent corpsman.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GCTflorida in Fort Walton Beach, Florida

31 months ago

steve in Miami, Florida said: do you need a bachelors degree to apply for PA?

yes a bachelors degree is required, my suggestion, biology or chemistry

BetterHealthcare in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

Steve in Miami,

There are still a few associate and bachelor programs out there; however, the master’s degree is the dominant entry-level degree into the physician assistant “PA” profession. In fact, I believe there are 4-associate and 4-bachelor programs still accredited in the country.

For an accurate and complete list, I would visit the ARC-PA website.
Now if you’re thinking about pursuing a career as a “PA” you might want to take into account your long-term goals. Although I am sure there are some PAs practicing medicine with only an associate or bachelors, I have yet to meet any.

Also, you might want to consider your job prospect once you complete a program and are license by a state to practice medicine. Some PAs look for leadership opportunities or opportunities outside of direct patient care/medicine, and it is my opinion having a masters would make those possibilities a lot more attainable.

M
DHSc, PA-C

ReadyforPAschool

30 months ago

Has anyone interviewed at Keiser University. I am applying for the Jan 2013 class. Was curious as to what the interview process was.

FuturePA13 in Orlando, Florida

30 months ago

ReadyforPAschool said: Has anyone interviewed at Keiser University. I am applying for the Jan 2013 class. Was curious as to what the interview process was.

Its pretty similar to others. You'll be in groups of 4 and start with introductions and then the group dilemma. Then the individual interviews take place as the other students complete a short essay and Q&A with current students.

ReadyforPAschool in Boynton Beach, Florida

30 months ago

FuturePA13 in Orlando, Florida said: Its pretty similar to others. You'll be in groups of 4 and start with introductions and then the group dilemma. Then the individual interviews take place as the other students complete a short essay and Q&A with current students.

Did you end up going to Keiser University, or did you go somewhere else? I turned in my supplemental application on Tuesday.

ksamrah2 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

29 months ago

Hello everyone,I have had four years Bachelors degree in pharmacy from Overseas and i already applied for PA program at Augsburg coll,Minnesota as well as at Wisconsin Universities.My GPA score is 3.31 & have had experiance of internship as "Clinical Pharmacy Training" from a hospital overseas for a period of six months plus had abt 2 years experiance working as hospital pharmacist.But i missed to mention this two yrs experiance in my CASPA application,i just mentioned the clinical pharmacy training under"Health care training area",I have also had experiance working part time at a publication unit writing books for pharmacy students which i mentioned in my application.I am so worried if i could selected in PA program at Augsburg coll. as it is the only coll in Minnesota which provides PA program & is highly competitive.Also my Toefl ibt score is 80,Augsburg requires ibt score of 100.

ksamrah2 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

29 months ago

Hello everyone,I have had four years Bachelors degree in pharmacy from Overseas and i already applied for PA program at Augsburg coll,Minnesota as well as at Wisconsin Universities.My GPA score is 3.31 & have had experiance of internship as "Clinical Pharmacy Training" from a hospital overseas for a period of six months plus had abt 2 years experiance working as hospital pharmacist.But i missed to mention this two yrs experiance in my CASPA application,i just mentioned the clinical pharmacy training under"Health care training area",I have also had experiance working part time at a publication unit writing books for pharmacy students which i mentioned in my application.I am so worried if i could selected in PA program at Augsburg coll. as it is the only coll in Minnesota which provides PA program & is highly competitive.Also my Toefl ibt score is 80,Augsburg requires ibt score of 100.

FAUgrad2 in Boca Raton, Florida

29 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Your welcome! I am currently starting at Barry University in August. My technical essay was to compare and contrast the endocrine and exocrine system. My method to the first part of the interview was to think of something that I thought I had that no one else did and ask the other members about it, so that when it came to my turn to answer the question I was at an advantage. It sounds confusing, but I could tell that the other applicants were young so I thought I had a good chance of being the only one in graduate school. I asked them if they had continued education beyond their bachelors degree. Everyone else said no, and when they came to asking me, I had a chance to speak about the graduate degree I was at the time working on. My advice would be to use you business knowledge as something at sets you apart from others. If you applied to Barry of Nova, I would be more than happy to assist you in preparing for their interviews as well. :)

How is your semester going at Barry? I am in the middle of the application process and plan to apply to nova and Barry. I Would just like any pointers. what type of references did you have?

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida

29 months ago

Hi- I actually just had my last class of didactic year today :) My references were from an M.D I shadowed for a year, a D.O I shadowed with for a year and a Ph.D / Dean from my grad program. Barry is a very relaxed interview process, there are group ethical discussions and team exercises but no one-on-one grilling or grade explaining. Nova is more of a traditional med school interview. Please leave your email if you would like any further info and I'd be more than happy to get back to you. Best of Luck!

Alexis4571 in Tampa, Florida

29 months ago

Question for the 2013 PA applicants. Caspa opened up April 2012. I put my application in and it was mailed 6/23/12. How long does it take to get an interview/denial/etc. I applied to Barry and South Tampa. Thanks

MANDREW1 in New Haven, Connecticut

29 months ago

Free Webinar, "The 5 Major Mistakes You Must Never Make When Applying to PA School"
from the author of "The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into Physician Assistant School" and "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview"

Follow this link to sign up: www.andrewrodican.com/?page_id=13

KatUCF in Vero Beach, Florida

29 months ago

So I am currently working towards my BSN-nursing. Once I finish, I will have about a 3.85 science GPA, and about a 3.6 overall. I used to work for a doctor, but only for a year. Does anyone know if nursing school would count towards my patient care experience hours or would I need to do more actual work/volunteering? This is preferably for UF.

ReadyforPAschool in West Palm Beach, Florida

29 months ago

Sorry to bother you guys, I was wondering if anyone that applied to Keiser University has gotten a phone call. They said they would start calling back within a week and we should hear back withing two weeks. I am a nervous wreck right now,but I just checking if anyone has gotten a call back for acceptance. Thank you

FAUgrad2 in Boca Raton, Florida

29 months ago

FAUgradstudent in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Hi- I actually just had my last class of didactic year today :) My references were from an M.D I shadowed for a year, a D.O I shadowed with for a year and a Ph.D / Dean from my grad program. Barry is a very relaxed interview process, there are group ethical discussions and team exercises but no one-on-one grilling or grade explaining. Nova is more of a traditional med school interview. Please leave your email if you would like any further info and I'd be more than happy to get back to you. Best of Luck!

Yes that would be amazing if we can continue to talk! I would love to ask more questions! my email is lavaldes07@yahoo.com

HCCsophomore in Jacksonville, Florida

29 months ago

I am need of major guidance. I am majoring in pre-medicine, taking the biology route. My science grades are passing (C's) but I know I will need to do much better if I plan on applying to a PA program. I should have my AA by next Fall. I still have to take my organics, physics, chem 2, human anatomy 2, and med terminology. I need someone's advice on how they managed to get into PA school (specifically NOVA). My GPA is at a 2.3 now because I didn't try as hard as I should. But on the plus side, I work in the hospital as a patient care technician and I have experience in healthcare. I'm open for suggestions

Kenikkie in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

ReadyforPAschool in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Sorry to bother you guys, I was wondering if anyone that applied to Keiser University has gotten a phone call. They said they would start calling back within a week and we should hear back withing two weeks. I am a nervous wreck right now,but I just checking if anyone has gotten a call back for acceptance. Thank you

Hey Ready..., i have an interview coming up soon at Keiser PA Program...how is their interview process? You can email me back shenaiknsmith@gmail.com

Kenikkie in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

Sorry shenikansmith@gmail.com

Ucfknight_3 in Orlando, Florida

28 months ago

I submitted my CASPA app in late June and applied to all of the Nova campuses and UF. I finished my supplemental applications in July. I have a 3.5 gpa and 3.2 science gpa with 2000 hours of clinical experience in phlebotomy in an oncology office and also 300 hours of teaching phlebotomy and 80 volunteer hours. My scores on the revised GRE were decent I got 50% in each category and 3.5 in writing. My letters of recommendation came from a PA and physician i have worked under for over a year and my supervisor at work. I'm getting nervous about interviews because I haven't heard anything just yet. Does anyone think my qualifications will grant me an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in Jacksonville, Florida

24 months ago

hey UCFknight_3 ur situation is very similar to mine. did you get in yet? I'm applying next june. anything you would have done differently? thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

razel912 in Fayetteville, North Carolina

18 months ago

I have been to 3 colleges due to military life and have a lower gpa of 2.8. I have a bachelors in health science degree after switching majors twice, I have lots of useless credits. My question is if the PA program requires one chem and you have 2 which one do they use? The higher grade? Also if I retake some classes will that increase my chances? I have over 12000 Hrs of experience and am studying for GRE now. Any advice is appreciated. I just don't want my mistakes in the past to dictate my future.

VeronicaD in Fort Myers, Florida

18 months ago

Hi everyone! I'm trying to get into PA school this year and desperately need shadowing hours. It is very hard to find. Can anyone suggest anything in Fort Myers/Naples area? Please and thank you

pastu13 in West Palm Beach, Florida

18 months ago

you should join FAPA, they should be able to help you find someone.

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.