Physician Employment Contract Q&A

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

RHolloman in Washington, District of Columbia

102 months ago

I am a healthcare attorney with a national practice focused on physician employment agreements. My wife is a physician and I understand the position physicians searching for employment may find themselves in (i.e. having been trained in the practice of medicine, but not learning the busines of medicine). I am happy to answer your questions free of charge. Please feel free to post your qustions here, or send them to me via e-mail at rjholloman@hollomanlawgroup.com.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

JA in Cleveland, Ohio

100 months ago

I am a physician and my want to stop my practice of hospital medicine to pursue my educational goals and my boss states that I do not have the right to resign before 1 year. THreatened me with professional comsequences. I am stressed. What should I do. Hitred an attorney but no use and contract is vague. Please help!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rjholloman in Washington, District of Columbia

100 months ago

What exactly does your contract stipulate with respect to early termination? Please feel free to contact me through my law firm for a faster response.

Reply - Report abuse

sunandi in Elkin, North Carolina

96 months ago

Hi,
I am an Internist and had accepted a hospitalist position to start by Mid Nov to Mid Dec. Since accepting the offer, my husband's company closed his place of work and moved him to a different city. Since we have a 7 year old daughter who is going through changing school in a new city I felt I am under too much pressure to go through the job change and decided to pull out. Initially once they came to know the circumstances they agreed to let me to and later they called me to show i have to give them a 90 day notice when i have not even started with them yet and i have another 40 days even to start with them. Is there any reason I should worry about pulling out? I read through the whole contract and in the contract they had stated the term of the agreement will commence on Nov 16-Dec 16, 2009. Please advise.

Reply - Report abuse

AK in Rockville, Maryland

63 months ago

I have signed a contract but not joined it if i wanna break it what should i do. I have not joined yet. What are the legal implications.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rjholloman in Bethesda, Maryland

63 months ago

What is the effective date of the contract? Did you receive any compensation for signing the contract?

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.