jobs in botswana

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Charles Kumi in Bafoussam, Cameroon

81 months ago

Any good paying job in the field of teaching or an NGO job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Kumi in Bafoussam, Cameroon

81 months ago

I hope I would'nt be told to come over before i'm given the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

salaheddin amish in Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

79 months ago

Iam,Alibian,airliner pilot,i have work exeperience as 24 years flight as transport&linerpilot with three different companies duietes were for passengers& cargo and air mail& oil fields services flights as foods & pass,materialias and erc ..
my total flying hours =5074:35 hrs on these aircrafts :
C150+172 =200 hrs.
C310+402=1000hrs.
DHC-6 twin otter=3217:35 hrs
AN26=639 hrs ..
CRJ700=18 hrs as flight simulator .
hold an ATPL issued in Libya ( ICAO ) ..
I preffer to find job as pilot in good places in afriqe like south africa or in QUTER & UAE ..
thank you very much for your attention ...
cao: SALAHEDDIN ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amn in Khartoum, Sudan

79 months ago

just few hours later i will send you the addresses of airlines that require pilots exatly for DHC-6 ...
KINDLY LET ME KNOW YOUR AGE ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BKB in Victoria, Seychelles

72 months ago

ya there are demande for pilots in seychelles well here they take only students from A level who are good in studies and sponser them for pilot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mosenodi Mabua in Oslo, Norway

71 months ago

Gooday. Im age 15 and i am rili pasionate about flying. I mean it is my life, it is what i have always wanted to do this because i know i can. I just need some advice and a training opportunity. Thank you four your attension and time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kefilwe Mabeka in Gaborone, Botswana

71 months ago

um a gal of 18,doing my final year in high school..I want to be a pilot 2 but jst talking about it wont help, i need 2 ge my butt out there n get sum training,n guess wat?the only way i can be sponsored 2 be a pilot by the government of Botswana is by passing my sciences,hw pathetic?but um goin 2 do it,aint dat bad in sciences nor maths...will tell u how my results next year...wev got 2 fly yhem planes man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

fyfi in Gaborone, Botswana

68 months ago

what are the other jobs offred,in the air botswana premises other than servise offred in the flight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tee matlhare in Gaborone, Botswana

68 months ago

wat r the requiments and maximum age to study piloting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aviator99 in Bangalore, India

66 months ago

is thr any job hopes for me in africa
i have 260 hrs TT
110 hrs PIC
38 hrs on a twin(BE 56)
rest on c-172 glass.and 6 pack.
???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

santhosh1989 in Napier, New Zealand

66 months ago

aviator99 in Bangalore, India said: is thr any job hopes for me in africa
i have 260 hrs TT
110 hrs PIC
38 hrs on a twin(BE 56)
rest on c-172 glass.and 6 pack.
???

hey buddy wer abt frm blore

66 months ago

santhosh1989 in Napier, New Zealand said: hey buddy wer abt frm blore

rt nagar....tell me you have sunmthin good fr me...!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

u try fr job in nz for sky diving,tourist flying is happening here n there are heeps of instructors job available here, n even me to frm balore nw in nz past 2.5 years ...vijaynagar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

amn in Sudan

66 months ago

thanks my friend ,the proplem that all my experiance is on

Antonov aircrafts.. thats are not used in NZ.

Anyhow i ll move a head and apply for non type rated positions.

Many thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

tanx bro....im gonna look into it...i need a job bad!!!!!!!

amn in Sudan

66 months ago

TELL ME PLEASE WHAT LANGUAGES YOU SPEAK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

english,hindi....why??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

santhosh1989 in Napier, New Zealand said: www.afap.org.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=98&nav_cat_id=127&nav_top_id=73

and the problem is i have only 25ohrs tt

amn in Sudan

66 months ago

1-www.mackair.co.bw/

2-chiefpilot@moremiair.com (SEND YOUR CV & LICENCE to this email)

3-www.sefofane.com/employment.html

Above are 3 charter airlines contacts in Botswana with whom you could get a job

and build you hours as well , 90% of the fleet is single engine.

I do prefer if you contact them by TEL.

GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

thanx a ton ...i am gonna try it out

bigmantau in Gaborone, Botswana

66 months ago

i am a 19 year old male and really want to be a pilot, i dont have money to pay flying school fees at the momement but trust me i am gonna make it...ive set my mind to already so m sure!!

we will meet at the cockpit!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ARMAND TOMO CERTIFIED in Freeport, New York

62 months ago

It doesn't make much sense to pilot anything there. I have over 5000 flight hours here in the US and other countries. I have flown a few planes there and it was always a problem. First and foremost their equipment is not very good.

62 months ago

any pilot jobs in botswana or any where in africa??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chengappa in Maisuru, India

59 months ago

hello i have a faa cpl. . is there any jobs available in africa?? i dont even want a salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

appugre in Delhi, India

59 months ago

Hei frenz... i am Looking for job. As i am a started i was informed that there chances of getting a job in africa that to botswana side.
Requesting you guys to tell me how to go about...or whom to contact...
ma detail s are:
Faa Cpl
252 hrs TT
144 PIC
60 IR
ratings in C152 ,C172 ,BE 76

kefilwe mabeka in Gaborone, Botswana

59 months ago

i dont knw abt Botswana but i think there are jobs here..i figured in India most pilots are jobless now,whats going on? well i pasd my mathematics and sciences but um now doing a degree in management,i will see piloting later...good luck 2 all of u pilots!

cannon in Gaborone, Botswana

56 months ago

Kefilwe Mabeka in Gaborone, Botswana said: um a gal of 18,doing my final year in high school..I want to be a pilot 2 but jst talking about it wont help, i need 2 ge my butt out there n get sum training,n guess wat?the only way i can be sponsored 2 be a pilot by the government of Botswana is by passing my sciences,hw pathetic?but um goin 2 do it,aint dat bad in sciences nor maths...will tell u how my results next year...wev got 2 fly yhem planes man.

hi kef,its good that you have a gud dream career of becoming a pilot, well i will urge you girl to stick to you sciences and maths cos i did the same to get the sponsorship to train in south africa...thats the only way out to get it..

cannon in Gaborone, Botswana

56 months ago

santhosh1989 in Napier, New Zealand said: hey buddy wer abt frm blore

wad up man,,,can you hock me up that side? i really want a job to fly some where in the world but not in the middle east..

Din in Johannesburg, South Africa

55 months ago

I am doing my multi rating for my commercial licence... I struggled alot to pay for my training and now the thing is i need to repay my bank loan which i took for my training now i badly need to get a job after my licence any one who can help me pls mail me to pilot_beth@yahoo.com.

Thanks

enterprise53 in Bhopal, India

54 months ago

Hi I am Pilot with 272 hrs on Cessna, with a valid DGCA licence and an Indian as well as UKRT. Can I get a job in Botswana? anybody who can suggest? Presently I am in The UK London.
Regards,
Enterprise53

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

botmip in Gaborone, Botswana

54 months ago

well, i think it worthy it for you to get your multi-engine as well as getting I.F rating and that can also help in your job hunting.....

54 months ago

Where can I send U my resume?

54 months ago

Hi I have FAA CPL Certificat,Indian CPL with IR and Multi Engine rating Licence No : 6926 Instrument Rating : 6623 Indian FRTOL No. : 11994
Total 312 hrs

54 months ago

PIC 129,ST 107,Multi 21, Multi simulation-10 hrs

hijack in Johannesburg, South Africa

53 months ago

amn in Khartoum, Sudan said: i ve been in contact with many air operators in Botswana,asking for job ,
they all ask me to come there in person and apply for the job..could anyone state the reason??
does it make sense??

Yes it makes sense - they get lots of pilots arriving there - all with low hours looking for their first jobs. Life is different and to some difficult there. Especially if you are used to people and life beyond 6pm. Life is very quiet (this goes for Namibia as well - even in Windhoek the capital!). Life for wife/girlfriend/family is even harder to adjust to. And at the end of the day - companies are prepared to hire you because they like you. The other pilots may also get some say in the hiring process - as the companies want to create a harmonic atmosphere - pilots that LIKE each other. Look up Sefofane's website - they will tell you all about it. Most companies won't reply to emails or phone calls. You must go there and apply yourself. That's the only way.
And as we've just come from there that it's tough to find work in the region. Both Namibia and Botswana governments are pushing the hiring of local pilots (most certainly ahead of foreigners) and the govt are supporting and training locals. You may find companies can't hire you because they must give priority to locals. Of course like anywhere - each person has different luck - so you really must go and just try.
GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy in Europe

53 months ago

Hi there,
I have being for 15 months in Botswana, great country to be, and made my license there, within 6 months with very hard working and lots of hours flying mainly in Gabs. Botswana is great to fly, wonderfull to be and the people are very nice and friendly and never experienced any corruption.
Getting a job as a pilot is not easy, they prefer local citizens and if you are happy with the minimum of salary you can get, you will manage it to get a job but you have to be in Maun.
Via phone and email doesn't work, you have to do it f2f.
Can tell you one thing, if I winn the lottery, I will start a flight school over there.
Good luck.....

mck_1432 in San Diego, California

52 months ago

hi, i have an faa single commercial license,

TT- 255 hours
PIC- 170 hours
COMPLEX TIME- 15 hours
Simulated time- 15 hours

i did my training on C152, C172, Piper Warrior, Warrior II n commercial on C-172RG

i am an indian looking for a job anywhere across the globe,
heard there are jobs in botswana, please get in touch with me if there are any oppurtunities, thanks

mck_1432 in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

i have instrument rating already, and instead of getting the multi i was thinking of getting a rating in the particular airplane which these companies are hiring for.
so if any one is hiring n they need specefic type rating like for C206 or C210, lemme know we can get in touch....
thanks dispaced legal professinal i understand ur point.

mck_1432 in El Cajon, California

52 months ago

botswana dosnt but i was looking up jobs n found most of them are high performance airplanes, so thought should get a type instead of multi, n there are places in sa which do the types...
hope i find something....

1234 in South Bend, Indiana

49 months ago

chengappa in Maisuru, India said: hello i have a faa cpl. . is there any jobs available in africa?? i dont even want a salary.

Pilots NEVER want to hear that you don't want to be paid. Don't sell your soul to anyone! There are ways to earn time AND be paid for it!

kenneth in Gaborone, Botswana

48 months ago

so all the goverment is asking for is fork one to pass their sciences then they will sponser you?is there a need for on to go to UB to aquire the scholarship?im doin my last year as well!!!

boitshoko in Gaborone, Botswana

47 months ago

i want your advice guys. i want to change professions. at the moment i am a social worker-community development officer in upper botswana, i have liked piloting from the days i learnt to speak. i want to sponsor myself for ppl and cpl. infact i want to diversify my career posibilities. i looked up flight schools in South Africa, i realy want to go for it.what can you advice me, i looked at the prices and i am bent on reaching the air. hopefuly before the end of 90days i must be at one of these schools.

Cam22 in Hamilton, New Zealand

47 months ago

amn in Khartoum, Sudan said: i ve been in contact with many air operators in Botswana,asking for job ,
they all ask me to come there in person and apply for the job..could anyone state the reason??
does it make sense??

From what I understand, the reason they want pilots to go there instead of apply over the internet is mainly due to the different lifestyle. They want to be sure that a pilot is able to work and live in the harsh conditions of Africa (the heat etc).

Kenneth in Gaborone, Botswana

47 months ago

everybody wants to be a pilot but i want to know what chances i have of being a pilot in Botswana and working for...lets say AIR BOTSWANA?

Darkroomsource in Silverton, Oregon

45 months ago

Kenneth in Gaborone, Botswana said: everybody wants to be a pilot but i want to know what chances i have of being a pilot in Botswana and working for...lets say AIR BOTSWANA?

Well you probably won't get a job at Air Botswana as your first job. Maybe not even your second or third job. But, if you've read this thread, and looked at all at the situation in Botswana, you'll know that there are pilots flying in Maun right now with just a commercial license - bare minimum to fly for money. They fly Cessna 206'ss for a year and end up with about 800 to 900 more hours than they started with, which puts them over 1000 hours. Then they either fly 208's (single engine turbines) or go to another country and fly small twins for a year, then they'll have a chance at getting hired for a small air carrier. If you do this, you'll probably be able to get on at Air Botswana.

muthu arcot in Madras, India

35 months ago

Darkroomsource in Silverton, Oregon said: Well you probably won't get a job at Air Botswana as your first job. Maybe not even your second or third job. But, if you've read this thread, and looked at all at the situation in Botswana, you'll know that there are pilots flying in Maun right now with just a commercial license - bare minimum to fly for money. They fly Cessna 206'ss for a year and end up with about 800 to 900 more hours than they started with, which puts them over 1000 hours. Then they either fly 208's (single engine turbines) or go to another country and fly small twins for a year, then they'll have a chance at getting hired for a small air carrier. If you do this, you'll probably be able to get on at Air Botswana.

hi i am ready to travel for interview in maun or botswana can we get a job with 300 hrs of flying experience can u suggest me how to proceed with this hours and wats procedure of converting license.

darkroomsource in Rochester, New York

35 months ago

muthu arcot in Madras, India said: hi i am ready to travel for interview in maun or botswana can we get a job with 300 hrs of flying experience can u suggest me how to proceed with this hours and wats procedure of converting license.

First, since you are an Indian national, you will need to obtain citizenship in a country that has better relations with Botswana. Sorry to be so blunt, but the fact is that there is only one Indian national who has been able to get work in Botswana in the last ten years or so. The government of botswana will only grant 30 days visa's to indian nationals, and the bare minimum wait time in botswana has always been 2 months, most people end up waiting more than 3 months to get their first position.

then you have to go to botswana and talk to the pilots and wait...

muthu arcot in Madras, India

35 months ago

hi Darkroom source on silverston,oregon..thanks for wonderful sugestion.....i have cpl so that can i convert my license to BOtwans and i can fly for 30 hrs and is there will be any chances of getting as a pilot for Cessna 206 flights.

darkroomsource in Rochester, New York

35 months ago

muthu arcot in Madras, India said: hi Darkroom source on silverston,oregon..thanks for wonderful sugestion.....i have cpl so that can i convert my license to BOtwans and i can fly for 30 hrs and is there will be any chances of getting as a pilot for Cessna 206 flights.

I'm really not sure you can read English very well.

IF YOU ARE FROM INDIA YOU WILL NOT GET MORE THAN A 30 DAY VISA and you will NEED AT LEAST 3 MONTHS (that's 90 days 3 months of 30 days each). If you have a problem with this contact your government, they have a relationship with Botswana and Namibia that restricts visas to 30 days.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.