Sprinkler fitter jobs out there

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 87 of 87)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

smoke in Nottingham, Maryland

32 months ago

r.shoultz in Baytown, Texas said: I have been hereing that for a year now.Back in the early 90's they had a thing called target jobs to take jobs from the RATS.I think they need to start it again to put members back to work and get some benifits paid.

RATS...lol i got ur rat union puke

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

runcrun in Westtown, New York

32 months ago

jond in Arlington, Texas said: People like you make the union look bad. And Im not a helper ...Im an apprentice that runs work and has Nicet certifications...something your to stupid to get.

Umm..it's "you're too" stupid, stupid.

Gabe Garcia in Euless, Texas

32 months ago

I need to find work I just relocated to the dfw area I've been fitting pipe for 19 years & I need a job please if anyone knows anywhere thats hiring please let me know @ gabegarcia65@yahoo.com thank you

Ampresandman in Lilburn, Georgia

31 months ago

I'm about fed up with the industry, the decieving, disrespectful management that come with it, & just the general vibe of the business. I just started with a new company here in GA & turned down a lower paying job that is real close to home. These people promised me that I would never have to drive more than 25 miles to a job site. & for the first few weeks the superintendant honored that promise. Now starting tomarrow I will be driving 60 miles one way to work. So basicly the first 2 & 1/2 hours of work EVERY DAY is going towards vehicle maintenance, & gasoline. That means I have to work 12 1/2 hours just to cover running costs. I took this against my better judgement. & none of this is even counting the extra days I will spend on the road getting there every year compared to the other job which was a 5 minute walk. Unless you are already a well established foreman/inspector/designer. Just cut your losses with the business & find another way. These incompetent management types don't care that you have a family to take care of, the only thing they care about is their short term goals, & everyone is just disposeable numbers to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hakmaster in Norristown, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

jd in Arlington, Texas said: You guys have no reason to bash non union workers..im a union apprentice that works for Northstar Fire Protection of Texas and have worked on the biggest jobs...including the cowboys stadium. The union is crap every time they give us something they take it away...im about ready to go non union get more hours and make more money.

You worthless.scab. I would give a migrant farmworker more respect! Atleast they stand for.themselves. You reap the benefits of those before you without the sacrifice for the greater good. Go scab and come.to my territory because you guys are always good for service calls. Incompetent,worthless and an embarassment to the working class in america. foreign and domestic

Gabe Garcia

31 months ago

dan in Castle Rock, Colorado said: We are a non-union shop looking for a few good men in the Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and surrounding areas. We are not looking for entitled-minded people, but folks eager to be part of a growing team. If you are interested, please call Bob at TOM.TL0- FIRE (use your phone to get the no). Tell your friends.

I need work 20 years on the job & I can't find nothing moved to tx from ca I'm in the dwf area but can relocate I NEED WORK!!!

Tom in Melbourne, Australia

31 months ago

Any sprinkler fitters looking for for work in the US should head to Australia. The moneys better that US and good conditions you get around 100 k with out overtime

Tom in Melbourne, Australia

31 months ago

Gabe Garcia said: I need work 20 years on the job & I can't find nothing moved to tx from ca I'm in the dwf area but can relocate I NEED WORK!!!

try australia good money and conditions around 100 k a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

runcrun in Westtown, New York

31 months ago

It's pretty pathetic when you have to go to Austrailia to find work.

BDS in Boise, Idaho

31 months ago

Tom in Melbourne, Australia said: Any sprinkler fitters looking for for work in the US should head to Australia. The moneys better that US and good conditions you get around 100 k with out overtime

Tom what does it take to get there--I have a passport-still good-work visa???-have 26 yrs in as a fitter and 15 of it was as a designer and fitter-who( companies) would I call or email resumes too-How much will it cost to get over???-I am ready to go if its at all possible-how much would it cost to get there-email me at bdstricker@gmail.com if you could urgent

Bruce Stricker in Boise, Idaho

31 months ago

Tom
Who are the companies mainly hiring-can you send me contact list or emails for resume- what about work visa?? have passport-where is the best place to go??? Perth??? Please email me if you could bdstricker@gmail.com-I am ready to go-have 26 years in most in the field but can design also-need to find something overseas

victor garcia in Mexico, Mexico

29 months ago

I AM GOOD WORKER AND I NEED OPORTUNITI TO WORK WHIT YOU COMPANY. I KNOW TO INSTALL NEW SISTEM ON RESIDENTIAL Y COMERCIAL. IF YOU GUYS INTERESTING ON ME. PLEASE SEND ME EMAIL

ghostown75 in Union City, New Jersey

23 months ago

mike.mervis@gmail.com in Miami, Florida said: im in local 821 and have same problem i called 669 to see if they needed fitters said lots on bench its crap out there good luck

I just got hired for local 669 but I am a apprentice starting at 11.70 cents sure does suck!!!

669 in San Marcos, California

18 months ago

think of the fitters job you are taking-and 11.70 is a good wage-for what you know and do-hang in there it gets better

Runcrun

18 months ago

What I'd like to know why 669 is hiring apprentices when they have so many journeymen still out of work.

18 months ago

cheap labor in a messed up economy-and the union trying to hang on by any means nec. so they turn a blind eye

Runcrun

18 months ago

Union is useless. BA's never return calls, same BS every time you manage to get in touch with them, people losing homes, marriages falling apart because of no work, pensions cut in half. What good is a union?

18 months ago

I have done work now that i retired-and I can definitely tell you the union has its place-protection-I cannot begin to tell you how these non union companies ( and I am not doing fire sprinklers) rip off their employees because they can and the govt lets them. The unions may seem to be mafia, the dues may be expensive, but the local covered me for 26 years and protected me from the abuse that goes on now in a "free market place" U should try OTR trucking and see how you get ripped by the trucking firms!!! If you do not believe it-just take a non union job and see how it turns out when your wages are not paid, or your benefits are not there. The devil is in the details

Runcrun

18 months ago

So it's better to sit at home with no work for two years? The unions have outpriced themselves...it's the union's own fault that there are so many non union workers out there taking jobs away from experienced fitters. The unions used to be great but now they're just fat cats sitting around collecting fees and doing nothing. It's disgusting.

18 months ago

why do u choose to set at home-are sprinklers the only thing u can do-you can't re-educate-or try something different-we are what we choose to be

Thomas Pedigo in Shady Cove, Oregon

18 months ago

Runcrun said: Union is useless. BA's never return calls, same BS every time you manage to get in touch with them, people losing homes, marriages falling apart because of no work, pensions cut in half. What good is a union?

What good is a union?
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that without it, you would be working for the "open shop" without benefits and a much lower wage.
"We" are the union...the officers work for us.

Runcrun

18 months ago

After 28 years in the union and two more years to go to retire it's very difficult to learn a new trade. The union doesn't allow you to touch any pipe so what kind of job would a 28 year career person get? $10 an hour at home depot? The union does nothing to get work and cripples the person who has no work. Then if you are forced to retire, you only get half your pension? They hold all the cards.

Runcrun

18 months ago

Thomas Pedigo in Shady Cove, Oregon said: What good is a union?
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that without it, you would be working for the "open shop" without benefits and a much lower wage.
"We" are the union...the officers work for us.

Maybe somebody needs to tell them that.

18 months ago

I know-at 61 I am faced with the same situation. i have been trying to take a job for 10.00 an hour-but getting past the pride is one thing. the health is the other.
I can design but choose not to-so I can see your point-the baby boomers are screwed if they did not plan it out.

18 months ago

i agree-we are the union-but the govt is trying to snuff us out!

Runcrun

18 months ago

I'm sorry you're going through the same thing. After all those years of work to end it this way is just devastating.

18 months ago

yes-but one has to own up to it-I made good money for years-just did not plan well-not the unions fault-it is mine-I did not see this life coming or I ignored the signs and charged on any way-I own it. 61 and screwed

18 months ago

Runcrun said: Maybe somebody needs to tell them that.

I understand your frustration as it sounds like we have had a similar journey.
I started as an 18 year-old and its all I know.
I have also lost 2.5 years of work in the last 4.

I personally know that Chuck Frame in dist.2 and Brian Dunn in dist 1 are doing everything within they're power to improve market share.

Runcrun

18 months ago

How can someone plan for that? There are college tuitions, mortgages, bills...cost of living going up every year. You think you're going to be okay because of your pension and annuity and bam! They pull the rug out from under you. Don't beat yourself up, you put in your time...

18 months ago

I think it was the stress of it all that made me go bonkers( mortgage-kids-big house-insurance at 50 k a year for a mom and pop shop-pipe costs rising 15% every week for a year-the big outfits taking work for nothing-bad economy etc)-I had a company that made it-I got fed up with the economy-and walked away-then a divorce-then living on the street(almost) in the end-still my fault-bad decisions-the local was good to me-i just did not know how valuable it was-and took it for granted. k-sa ra

Runcrun

18 months ago

Hang in there brother. Sorry for your troubles...

18 months ago

669 in San Marcos, California said: yes-but one has to own up to it-I made good money for years-just did not plan well-not the unions fault-it is mine-I did not see this life coming or I ignored the signs and charged on any way-I own it. 61 and screwed

From what I understand as of now...you can take the early withdrawel on your "vested" pension @61 and only get hit with a 6% penalty.

18 months ago

thanks-the word from a brother means the world to me-this is what made it all worthwhile. take care my friend

Tisha Bousselot in Eldridge, Iowa

14 months ago

Joe in Bensalem, Pennsylvania said: Wow guys, I thought this was suppose to be a forum for advise on how to better yourself. I hope it is only you guys reading this page, because this makes me feel very embarased if people outside the industry had a chance to glance.

I'm a wife of a union HVAC worker who quite frankly started non union and is very embarrassed reading this. I'm glad someone else said it. I actually jumped on this site as we live in Iowa and was trying to educate myself on this industry as there was a job posting on one of of internet sites locally for apprentice which I was going to send to my 25yr old son. Joe has it right you guys should be ashamed and embarrassed!!!! Non Union is not for everyone and Union is not for everyone it is called personal choice which is what makes up America period.

Runcrun

14 months ago

Runcrun said: What I'd like to know why 669 is hiring apprentices when they have so many journeymen still out of work.

EXACTLY MY QUESTION!!!! BECAUSE THEY PUT THE OLD DOGS TO SLEEP AND GOT NEW PUPPIES...CHEAPER AND DESPICABLE.

14 months ago

This thread embarrases me as a 669 member.I would be willing to bet that most, if not all of the rebel-rousing, uneducated, nay-sayers are the very same member that don't bother to show up to a district meeting. Try reading your CBA or UA constitution for a change...
Continuing education and having the willingness to market yourselves to the signatory shops by learning how the modern construction industries genuinely operate in todays world, would be better for your financial bottom-line, than simply spewing a load of mis-truthes, speculation and uneducated opinions on matters that have no bearing on the reality of the situation.
Get up or shut up.

Runcrun

14 months ago

Thomas Pedigo in Shady Cove, Oregon said: This thread embarrases me as a 669 member.I would be willing to bet that most, if not all of the rebel-rousing, uneducated, nay-sayers are the very same member that don't bother to show up to a district meeting. Try reading your CBA or UA constitution for a change...
Continuing education and having the willingness to market yourselves to the signatory shops by learning how the modern construction industries genuinely operate in todays world, would be better for your financial bottom-line, than simply spewing a load of mis-truthes, speculation and uneducated opinions on matters that have no bearing on the reality of the situation.
Get up or shut up.

No, the bottom line is there is NO WORK! Give me a break, they have their hand out for the dues every month but try calling your BA, if you even get a call back...same story every month...no work. Yeah, blame the union member..you must be a BA.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.