What are the best pipefitter qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a pipefitter? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective pipefitter?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Donte Knight in Dundalk, Maryland

97 months ago

I have been working for a general contractor for six years now.For five years I was being trained by a pipe mechanic but ,im not certified.Do you think theres any opportunities for a hard- working person like myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

tim in Saginaw, Michigan

84 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a pipefitter? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective pipefitter?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

the best way to learn the pipe trade is to complete an apreticeship with a local pipefitting union.
you will learn an earn at the same time!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john robichaux in Thibodaux, Louisiana

83 months ago

tim in Saginaw, Michigan said: the best way to learn the pipe trade is to complete an apreticeship with a local pipefitting union.
you will learn an earn at the same time!!!!

in the south there is no union. but it is the same way here. you start at the bottom. and work from there.however; you do not get promoted by simple being there for a few years. if you pick it up quickly, you could be a top fitter in a year or two. or you can be a helper for the rest of your life. it is all up to you. learn how to read blueprints, take a drafting corse, it well help. learn your fitting formulas like the four by four, this will help you on take outs. study fulcrum points, this will help you with rigging. and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.