Are pipefitter job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 54 of 54)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Mark in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

3 months ago

TRUE-UA.HAND said: you dumb siht! Ive been a UA pipefitter/welder/tech and plumber for over 30 years, AND HISPANIC! Your remark is so ignorant, if you cant find work that is on you, most of my brothers are working and will continue to work through good times and bad, now and 200 years from now! The only ones thatare taking your work are the outstanding brothers and sisters of the UA. If you were ever qualified enough to step into one of my jobs (YES, MY JOB!) you wouldnt last a minute! Stick to your backwards texan caveman scab way of thinking. its fits your kind!

Been UA Fitter/welder/Refrigeration tech for over 30 years my self. Didn't know you could hold plumber and fitters card. Cant do that in WI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Oshkosh, Wisconsin

3 months ago

If you have your UA Weld certs there is a need for welders in Wisconsin. Fab shops are picking up and field work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LisaG in Wantagh, New York

3 months ago

That quote about HISPANICS, is so ignorant and unjust. In the 80's Pipefitting was dominated by German and Irish father and son trade. Unless you knew someone or had 10k to buy a book you could not get in. In the early 80"s a mandate was put down and the Pipefitting industry had to hire minorities. Hispanics, Puerto Ricans are American citizens and the best Welders come from the Islands of Jamaica, Haiti, and so on . They study the trade and can weld with their eyes closed. My father who is so smart got the chance to get into the industry and became a force to be reckoned with. He knew the mechanics of the Steam and his mechanical mind gave him the carte blanche to work anywhere. He built a great reputation . Yes the racists peed on the clothing in his locker , stole his tools, yes he fought . But became RESPECTED. The steam is easier to get into today . The job is better. The job was filled with Alcoholics and addicts and many of them died . But they instituted a program to help those that were addicted .
When someone makes a comment like that it should be extracted from the forum . You don't know how much HATE has ruined the lives of people who are just trying to work and make a living . Good people , folks like you and me. Unless you have something to add to this conversation don't post here.

LisaG in Wantagh, New York

3 months ago

Mark in Oshkosh, Wisconsin said: Been UA Fitter/welder/Refrigeration tech for over 30 years my self. Didn't know you could hold plumber and fitters card. Cant do that in WI.

That's right Brother tell em its just pure ignorance bigotry hate its what is threatening the country today .

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.