pipefitting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

james waltman in Corpus Christi, Texas

65 months ago

I have been fitting pipe for about 18 years. I attended delmar college for pipefitting and lee college for drafting.while there is work here in corpus christi, texas, it may be on a dcline because of homeland security and the us coast guard. we now have to get what is called twic card to work in any refinery located on the ship channel, which most are. because of this jobs will decrease here. your comments are welcome, thanks for reading this message.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ron middleton in Edmonton, Alberta

59 months ago

It is unfortuniate that a few narrow minded people have brought the world to what it is. An observation for you, is you might have to move inland or away from a place not targetted by these people to the extent your area is.

If interested in work in Canada, contact chris.Callan@orioneng.com or myself at rv-gypsy@telus.net and we can work with you to get you a hooked up if possible.

at present have an openning for 200+ red seal ticketed journeyman fitters for a 3+month term/ 50+ hrs/week / 100/day sub days worked

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennie

59 months ago

What is a red seal ticketed journeyman fitters? My husband is looking for a job fitting or bending, any hope here?
Thanks
Jennie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ron middleton in Edmonton, Alberta

59 months ago

A red seal is the interprovincial certification issued by the department of labour in each province of Canada, which standardizes the trade some what across the country an for Fitter from around the world. You must first have a Journeyman ticket and then this is another exam that has to be written here in Canada.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.