PIPING DESIGN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Mark Misuraca in Spring, Texas

91 months ago

DINESH.R said: EVEN PEOPLE FINISH PIPING DESIGN AND ENGINEERING COURSES, VERY RARE OPPURTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR A FRESHER TO GET INTO PIPING DESIGN FIELD.

Hi. Dinesh. I feel the same way you do. I have 7 years design experience in a related industry i.e. mechanical seals for rotating equipment and wanted to get into plan design and found lots of opportunities for experienced help but none for new people entering into the business. I probably one of the lucky individuals who got there foot in the door at Fluor here in the states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

J.O. Pennock in Clearwater, Florida

84 months ago

You wrote:
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CREATING MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR FRESHERS.
I assume by your use of the term "FRESHER" you mean "newcomer" or "novice".

Yes! every newcomer (or a novice) should have a chance to enter a profession of his or her choice. However that person should be properly trained first.
Let's look at it this way. Say you have a child who is in need of a very complex operation to save his or her life. Who do you want to operate on your child? Someone who id properly trained and with some experience doing the type of operation your child needs or would you allow a "FRESHER" or novice to do the operation.
I think the answer is obvious, you would want the doctor who is properly trained.
The Process Plant Engineering Companies also want the properly trained individual to do their work.
Go get the training!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mehul Panchal in Vadodara, India

77 months ago

Hello sir's,

I would like to request to all please suggest me starting salary and must have knowledge of autoCAD and proE or not when i would join any professional institute for PDS(Piping engineer software).
I am Diploma Mechanical engineer and my total working experience in maintenance field around 5years and more but i would like to change my career and go to design...so when i would complete my training in good professional institution then i get the jobs or not.......

Could you please provide any one most professional tutorials,india?????

Mehul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mehul Panchal in Vadodara, India

77 months ago

Dear Sir's,

i would like to ask you what type of responsbility of every piping engineer in plant??What type of work would be done in plant as a piping engineer??Which type of latest software is using every piping engineer for piping stress? CAESAR II how it can be worked and where can it use piping engineer???
Piping engineer should work in office work or should to go in projest site and they should make their design work in office can you suggest me??

regards,

Mehul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephen Cramer in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Mark Misuraca in Spring, Texas said: Hi. Dinesh. I feel the same way you do. I have 7 years design experience in a related industry i.e. mechanical seals for rotating equipment and wanted to get into plan design and found lots of opportunities for experienced help but none for new people entering into the business. I probably one of the lucky individuals who got there foot in the door at Fluor here in the states.

Hey Mark, What's your phone number...Saul is currently in Texas...calling me asking for your number..no one here at GG knows how to contact you. If you read this post give him a call! Smc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aa Tirta in Jakarta, Indonesia

75 months ago

Hi there...i have E-Book all about Piping material and Design,And all About Welding engineering....if you interest Just Browse kaysheehan.uni.cc, and then Click "Free e book", and Choose what is the e book title do you want it, just download its free..

ok cheers...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cw in MI in Clinton Township, Michigan

68 months ago

Wondering how tough it is to crossover from the automotive design industry to the Piping design industry. I've been an automotive designer for 17 years, mostly plastics some metal forming tooling. Started fresh running blueprints , then worked my way onto the drafting board and now can run 3 systems (Catia V5,SDRC, and Unigraphics.) Well the automotive design industry is drying up (at least in the US)and even bouncing state to state isn't helping. I found out about this career and would love to move into it. I'm already enrolled in a PDS course that starts in a month. I know it's a word of mouth thing in the auto biz , is it the same in the pipers biz ? Will I run into a lot of road blocks ? When I started designing , degree's were not needed so I never earned one. Is this going to be an issue ?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mohit in New Delhi, India

15 months ago

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to get into the piping design field as a fresher? I have done PG Diploma in Piping Design and B.Tech. in Mechanical. Current openings for a fresher as a piping engineer or stress analysis on CAESAR-II, or PDMS Piping Designer. I am ready to move anywhere at globe but definitely will require visa sponsorship.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.