What are typical piping designer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

aardvark in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

it takes close to 10 years before you get enough experience to be a design guy. 20 years to become a real seasoned designer. high points of career begin after that. at 30 years you are burnt out, you will never be any good unless you get in at least 50% (total career) time in the field to understand what is REALLY happening, anything less than that - you are simply an office RAT pushing buttons - and learning how to be a back stabber, and manuver through the office politics hoping you dont die from high blood pressure, probably living in a stinky refinery town with way too much traffic and a long commute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

yancey in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Pay starts at $10 to $15 an hour and you can add $3 hour for every year of experience if you stay up with the latest 3d software like PDS and PDMS. AutoPlant is getting more and more popular as well. It will take jumping around a little after you get in at least 5 years of experience but it’s good to see how all the different companies work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mehul Panchal in Vadodara, India

75 months ago

Dear all
i am mechanical maintenance engineer and i would like to switch over my career in PIPING DESIGN field with learning a CEASAR II, is there any necessity to learn AUTOCAD and or proE.
2) what is average salary one get when he gone under systematic professional training the basic qualification is DIPLOMA MECHANICAL

please help me to make decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Brisbane, Australia

69 months ago

Perth is off the charts at the moment.. average senior wage is $88 to $95 an hour there are cases of guys getting a lot more than that too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Boudreaux in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

"Indeed" is a good site for salary ranges. interesting trend tool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.