911 Dispaycher Oral Exam/Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

LoveMyCommunity

34 months ago

Today I took the oral exam for a dispatcher position in San Francisco. I'm very anxious and was wondering if there is anyone involved in or who knows the hiring process. I answered the questions as best I could, using my common sense but being that I have no previous training I'm not sure if my answers where what the pannel was looking for. Do you know if a) they are looking for a "right" answer or more so looking to see how you respond? and b) how they score the test? is it like you need a 70% out of 100? All the questions where senario (what would you do?)type questions-nothing was aked about my skills or personality, etc so just wondering how much wieght does this have in the hiring process.

Thanks Guys!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mickey in New York, New York

27 months ago

LoveMyCommunity said: Today I took the oral exam for a dispatcher position in San Francisco. I'm very anxious and was wondering if there is anyone involved in or who knows the hiring process. I answered the questions as best I could, using my common sense but being that I have no previous training I'm not sure if my answers where what the pannel was looking for. Do you know if a) they are looking for a "right" answer or more so looking to see how you respond? and b) how they score the test? is it like you need a 70% out of 100? All the questions where senario (what would you do?)type questions-nothing was aked about my skills or personality, etc so just wondering how much wieght does this have in the hiring process.

Thanks Guys!

They are looking for no right or wrong answers but how you handle situations under pressure. In other words answer what they want to hear, they looking for the right candiate I rememeber they ask me do I get along with my siblings I said yes, then they ask me if one of my sibling done something bad to me how would i handle that problem I told them I would talk one on one with my brother or sister and try to handle the situation in a civilized manner. Another question they ask how would I handle if my boyfriend cheated on me I told them I would move on with my life, they ask me have I ever been depressed about it I told them no because we decided it is best we go on our seperate lives. See I was careful of how I answered the question don't give them red flags about hiring you, good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.