What do you enjoy most about your police dispatcher career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a police dispatcher? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

c. smith in Montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

I Like talking to the people that are calling in asking for help.. They rely alot on me and trust my assistance (most of them anyway) what keeps me at the job is knowing that i am helping others from the smallest to the biggest task. What I dislike most is the long hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristeninhumboldt in Humboldt County, California

55 months ago

What I like most is the amazing rush that you get helping citizens. Its awesome to know that you are multi-tasking and helping people, its a job not everyone can do. Think about it thouroughly before you climb aboard, I wish I had. The stress was waaaaay too much. I worked 12 hours a day without a break...or even a bathroom break. I thought I was impermeable but alas I am not. I am off work due to PTSD. Its rough. YOu really haVE TO NOT care and put your job above yourself. Something I am not willing to do. My family comes first and I would love to continue in my job if I could. The working conditions are altogether too stressful. I choose to put myself and my family first. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.