Where Can I be a Cop?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

CoraBruno in Marysville, Ohio

65 months ago

I live in Ohio where it is increasingly difficult to get into law enforcement. Civil Service Tests are given to hundreds of applicants with only 1 or 2 vacancies. I have dual bachelor's degrees from The Ohio State University in Criminology and Sociology, I've been in the Army Reserves for 4 years, and I currently work under a Federal contracted security guard. But I don't hold an OPOTA certificate (Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy-required by all law enforcement in the state of Ohio), therefore, I can't get on anywhere. I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the US. Who/ where should I be looking with my current qualifications?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

In think Hillsborough or Pinellas County, Florida. Unless there is a freeze.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie Norton in Hampton, Georgia

50 months ago

Atlanta Police we would love to have you...fill out an online application at www.JOINATLANTAPD.ORG
STARTING SALARY OF $39,000 A YEAR WITH A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND $42,000 WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE.
Be prepared to have these items when a recruiter contacts you, or during the application process.
Ø A COPY OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, CERTIFICATE TRANSCRIPTS OR GED CERTIFICATE.
Ø A COPY OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE – FROM THE BUREAU OF VITAL STATISTICS.
Ø A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
Ø TWO (2) PASSPORT TYPE PHOTOGRAPHS
Ø AN ORIGINAL COPY OF YOUR DRIVNG RECORD FOR THE PAST SEVEN (7) YEARS HISTORY AND TRANSCRIPTS FROM EVERY STATE DMV IN WICH YOU HAVE EVER HELD A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
ALSO THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED IF THEY APPLICABLE TO YOU:
Ø DD214 FORM, MEMBER 4 SHOWING AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE (IF VETERAN)
Ø CERTIFICATE COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS (SEALED)
Ø NAME CHANGE DOCUMENTS (IE., MARRIAGE LICENSE, COURT ORDER, ETC.
Ø COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP (U.S)
Ø COPY OF BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE PAPERS
Ø COPY OF YOUR SCORES SAT, ACT, COMPASS OR ASSET EXAM.

When you meet with a recruiter remember to
DRESS FOR SUCCESS - BUSINESS CASUAL ATTIRE ACCEPTED
THE ATLANTA POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
GOOD LUCK and Thankyou for your services in the ARMY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BuckeyeTrent in Ohio

45 months ago

Do not wear business casual...

article

Good tips on why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J-W in Washington, District of Columbia

34 months ago

Getting police officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive just about everywhere in the U.S. From what you wrote, you seem like a very good candidate. Be sure to consider federal law enforcement jobs and college and university police jobs in addition to local and state jobs. For example, the Department of the Navy hires a lot of federal police officers to work at many of their installations. Having a military background can help you a lot when applying for federal police officer jobs.

Source:
www.peaceofficerjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.