Police Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

WCSU1987 in New Milford, Connecticut

34 months ago

Hi, I have a police oral and polygraph coming up in two weeks. Now I am scrutinizing everything I have done in the past that could hinder me from employment. I do not drink, do drugs, or smoke.
I have received a ticket for going 15mph 7 years ago from a state trooper. Place I have employed at for seven years new manger gave me a written warning. Only one I have in my record of work for 11 years. I received a written warning for going 15mph over the speed limit in the town being hired a month ago.
I am just anxious and wondering how these infractions will affect my employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J-W- in DC, District of Columbia

31 months ago

What you wrote shouldn't negatively impact your chances of getting hired. Getting police officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive. However, nothing that you listed would be a major concern with most police departments. Always practice your interview skills before interviews. Learn as much as you can about the department you are interviewing with before the interview. Get a good night's sleep the night before the interview. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the interview. Dress appropriately. Be 5 minutes early. When taking a polygraph test, be honest, and try to relax.

Source(s):
www.peaceofficerjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.