Qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Question in Morgantown, West Virginia

33 months ago

I am going to graduate with a BS in Marketing with a minor in Psychology. The only run ins with the law I have ever had is a minor in possesion of alcohol. How big of an impact would that have if I were to pursue a career as a police officer? Also I am looking to move when I graduate to either texas or florida. Is it possible to secure a position as a recruit without being a permanent resident of the state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

J-W in Washington, District of Columbia

32 months ago

It is great that you are about to graduate with a 4 year degree. Getting a college degree is one of the best things that you can do if you want to become a police officer. Your possession of alcohol charge as a minor shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if you are a good candidate otherwise. Nowadays, many people have to relocate to get a police officer job. You could apply for, and get a job with many police departments without being a resident of the state, but you would have to become a resident within a certain amount of time. Different departments have different requirements. Getting police officer jobs can be very competitive. Do whatever you can to make yourself the best candidate that you can.

Source:
www.peaceofficerjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.