Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Question in Morgantown, West Virginia

76 months ago

I am going to graduate with a BS in Marketing with a minor in Psychology. The only run ins with the law I have ever had is a minor in possesion of alcohol. How big of an impact would that have if I were to pursue a career as a police officer? Also I am looking to move when I graduate to either texas or florida. Is it possible to secure a position as a recruit without being a permanent resident of the state?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

J-W in Washington, District of Columbia

74 months ago

It is great that you are about to graduate with a 4 year degree. Getting a college degree is one of the best things that you can do if you want to become a police officer. Your possession of alcohol charge as a minor shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if you are a good candidate otherwise. Nowadays, many people have to relocate to get a police officer job. You could apply for, and get a job with many police departments without being a resident of the state, but you would have to become a resident within a certain amount of time. Different departments have different requirements. Getting police officer jobs can be very competitive. Do whatever you can to make yourself the best candidate that you can.


- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.