You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Ashley

83 months ago

Does anyone have any tips on an up coming oral board? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

T. Mckirdy in Trumbull, Connecticut

83 months ago

Be Professional. Do not over dress, Know something about the area where you are testing. If you don't know an answer say so dom't fake it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley

82 months ago

Thanks for the information. I hope to get thru it next time around.
I think I did well with all the questions asked. The one that I was not sure they excepted my answer to was "What would you do if you were dispatch to an accident with no injuries or property damage, when you arrived you realised it was another officer". I answer exactly what I would have done in detail. At that time I had them hitting me from every angle trying to get me to change my answer, which I did not. So that could have been my down fall.
I don't think I would change my answer next time around, maybe just word it diffently.
I appreciate your time,
Ashley......Rhode Island

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

T. McKirdy in Trumbull, Connecticut

82 months ago

When it's another Officer you call for a supervisor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley

82 months ago

I do appreciate all your insight.

Thank-you,
Ashley

visualone@aaol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

truth in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

Anytime another officer is involved in any kind of call, contact a supervisor A.S.A.P!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NYPD in New York, New York

75 months ago

That is correct, you would contact a supervisor.

A logical person would figure if hierachy is involed then deffer autority of the decision to someone who can assume the resposibility legitimately.

Ashley, what were your results?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Redlands, California

75 months ago

Ashley said: Does anyone have any tips on an up coming oral board? Thanks

First off, there really are no right or wrong answers during an oral board. What they are looking for is the applicants ability to support, defend, and hold to their answers. Once you reverse yourself... it's over. Basically, it comes down to common sense and maturity. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PO-po in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

TONY IS RIGHT .. IF YOU HANDLE EVERY SITUATION WITHOUT PREFERENCE OR BEING BIASSED YOULL BE OK. ALSO BE VERY ASSERTIVE ON YOUR ANSWERS AND TAKE YOUR REASONABLE TIME TO THINK THINGS THROUGHT NO PRESSURE. COMMON SINCE IS A MUST MIXED WITH PROCEDURES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J-W in Washington, District of Columbia

33 months ago

The oral board is possibly the most important step in the hiring process. You definitely want to do the absolute best you can. Learn as much as you can about the department and the jurisdiction. Have a couple good questions ready to ask your interviewers. Get a good night's sleep the night before the board. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the board. Dress appropriately and be well groomed. Try not to be too nervous. Answer questions to the best of your ability. If you don't know an answer, say so. Use good body language and eye contact. Be sure to thank your interviewers before you leave.

Source:
www.peaceofficerjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Minh48 in Kansas City, Kansas

30 months ago

I hope you contacted that supervisor and it is a good thing you didn't change your answer...that could have been a killer. So many applicants become anxious and go along with the board. Departments are looking for future officers who are assertive, , ethical, outgoing, confident, trustworthy and able to problem solve. That is why "J-W" is right the oral board is the most important portion of the process and certainly the most objective.

Source:
www.winyourbadge.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.