Interested in policy analysis career

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

becca_diane in Columbus, Ohio

66 months ago

I am interested in pursuing a career in policy analysis. I currently work for a county government agency in Ohio and am in graduate to school to get a master in public administration degree. If anyone has knowledge of or is currently a policy analyst, I would like to hear from you. What skills are needed? Am I on the right track in graduate school? etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hadleigh in Norwood, Massachusetts

65 months ago

Hi - I'm working on my PhD in public policy hoping. My goal is to be an analyst for environmental issues, work on legislation and other energy-related projects. Many people in my classes are MPA's, few are doctoral students. You gotta love it. I've learned to look at large writing projects as just the nature of the beast. If you've started your thesis process, you know what I'm taking about. My classes usually have 30-page paper due and other open-ended long-term writing projects. But... if you love research (love as in getting excited about long hours of looking for, collecting, translating data, and writing about your findings) then you're in the right boat. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NANA ADDAI-YINKAH in Mbabane, Swaziland

62 months ago

I would like to know the necessary qualifications for a career in Policy Analysis. I am presently doing a degree in Development studies.

Also, i would like to know the different fields of Analysis available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.