CDA Credential

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Mark in Hempstead, New York

62 months ago

Does anyone have experience in getting their CDA? Is it a good 1st step to become a preschool teacher or should I go for some other type of certification. I have a BA in Business Administration and 5 years experience as a volunteer sub in my kids' preschool.
Thanks,
Mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

KMB in Pine Bluff, Arkansas

61 months ago

Yes! I think it is a great start toward being a preschool teacher. I took four classes in reference to getting my CDA and they helped too. They ask that you put to gether a resource file with certain things for the credential and then you have to act as lead teacher as a center or preschool. During the evauation, they watch how you interact with the children and things of that nature. I think its a great start though. I recently received my associates in early childhood technology. NOw im working on my BS in Child Development with a preschool concentration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JKL in Kannapolis, North Carolina

54 months ago

Go for the two year or 4 year degree. they will tell you the CDA is not enough. I have one and this was all I needed to be a lead Head Start teacher. Then they told me I had to get an associate degree to continue to teach. After that I am now an assistant again because they want you to have a 4 year to be lead teacher. CDA is not enough education any more. I have been teaching 22 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

50 months ago

Wow mark i am in the same boat. however i am working on my masters in ece.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

50 months ago

Good advice JKL. You are definitely rite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laurie in Milford, Connecticut

38 months ago

Mark in Hempstead, New York said: Does anyone have experience in getting their CDA? Is it a good 1st step to become a preschool teacher or should I go for some other type of certification. I have a BA in Business Administration and 5 years experience as a volunteer sub in my kids' preschool.
Thanks,
Mark

It is good to have a cda but I have one and I am still having a hard time getting a job because alot of places want you to have your associates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.