PRESCHOOL TEACHER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

CHARLENE in Marsh Harbour, Bahamas

73 months ago

I DON,T HAVE A WORK PERMIT BUT I WOLUD LIKE TO WORK IN THE USA. I DO HAVE A CDA AND VPK CERTIFICATE IN EARLYCHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY JOBS THAT WOULD HIRE ME IN THE USA, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry

73 months ago

Hi Charlene, I am not sure whether you have at least a Bachelor degree or its equivalent along with your certifications, since in order for a foreigner to apply for a job in the US usually at least a bachelor is required... (not always but most of the times). The main difficulty is to get a sponsor (a company, organization, school or however you want to call it...) willing to hire you for the majority of them (more than 90% usually are NOT willing to do that but would rather prefer to employ either US Citizens or Green Card holders (this latter being someone who was previously sponsored by someone else and got the Green Card so he/she doesn't need to be sponsored anymore... To make the long story short: they do not want to deal with immigration issues. My suggestion is: if you can afford to enroll in a degree program in the US, you can apply for a student visa, which, to the best of my knowledge, could allow you also to work part time, though there might be some restrictions) or you can come here as au pair (nanny) and then, while working trying to contact schools and see if you can find one willing to sponsor you while offering a teaching position. Second advice: should you decide to go for it, I strongly suggest you as soon as you get here in the US to contact a Credential Evaluation Service accredited by the US Gov. since you will also need to PROVE your level of education in order to work and be sponsored later on. Hope you will find these information useful. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.