Preschool Teacher - MI. Help Please?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

cg_Jenny in Novi, Michigan

42 months ago

I'm attending a college for a Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. My goal is to become a teacher in a public school district after graduation. The reason I didn't want to do a degree in Elementary Education, is because it will take longer now that I'm already half way done, but also because I don't want to teach Kindergarten, I'd rather teach the younger children. My question is, will I be able to get into a school district with a Bachelor's in ECE? Or do I need to go further and get a teaching certificate? Also, can I expect around $25k-30k for salary? Thanks for the input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Head Start in Hartford, Michigan

42 months ago

Have you thought about teaching in Head Start or Migrant Head Start? They commonly accept that degree without the certificate and you can be expect to be paid the salary you seek, if not higher. Some public schools do require the ZA endorsement to teach in their early childhood programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Adrian, Michigan

30 months ago

I have a bachelors in Child Development. I know that I am required to have a ZA endorsement for MOST public school teacher positions!

Gracek90 in Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland

7 months ago

If you want to gain more, you should read about this program, it should be really helpfull for you:
mykindergarten.co.uk

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.