Share your story about helping parents of preschoolers see something new about their child

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Lorie Parch in Paradise Valley, Arizona

65 months ago

Hello--

I am a writer starting work on a piece for the April 2009 issue of American Baby magazine about how parents of preschoolers can use the insights of their children's preschool teachers to help their children. For example, a teacher might notice a speech or motor-skills delay sooner than a parent and suggest help that will improve the child's life, health, ability to learn, etc.

Specifically, I am interested in talking to several preschool teachers to share their experiences in noticing something in a child that a parent had missed, and the outcome of that. The aim of the story is to help parents appreciate the insights that teachers have, since they see a child in a different light than a parent does, and a teacher's insights can be very valuable.

My deadline is January 5, so with the holiday I'm hoping to start my interviews early next week (week of 12/8). Please let me know if you have any questions - and thank you very much for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,
Lorie Parch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.