What are the communication & technology skills needed as a preschool teacher?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Donna

76 months ago

I am working on a paper for my college course and would like to know what you feel are the communication skills and Technologies needed and used as a preschool teacher?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Mercer Island, Washington

74 months ago

At our site, most communication, pictures, etc. is via email therefore you need good computer skills and writing skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Holden, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Donna said: I am working on a paper for my college course and would like to know what you feel are the communication skills and Technologies needed and used as a preschool teacher?

There are a few factors about communication I find important.
First of all you need to be able to communicate effectively verbally and through organized written communications as well. For example newsletters, notes to home, progress reports and referral forms.

Although it is important to be well informed about early childhood terms and expectations you need to be able to communicate these ideas for families and children to understand. Using technical jargon and terms is confusing to people who do not work with children and leaves them feeling inadequate.

Having and using a computer is very helpful. If used regularly it is a wonderful tool for record keeping of student development, time saving in curriculum planning and communication to families etc.

The other aspect of technology is using it with students. Using a computer and assistive technology with students is so beneficial. For example a non-verbal student using a computer to communicate or a student with ADHD or autism using a computer program to stimulate or soothe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CoolMan in Weymouth, Nova Scotia

29 months ago

Hi :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Opole, Poland

9 months ago

Hi. Well in fact there is a lot of skills which you should have. Look for example in UK schools use such programs and services like these:
mykindergarten.co.uk

In pair with them you have thinks like CMS program, etc. so you should know what it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.