cpr/firstaid

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Susie in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

I want to become a cpr instructor.Does anyone know what I have to do to become one? Susie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Smiths Station, Alabama

87 months ago

Contact the Red Cross in your area. They have instructor training courses for a very little money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susie in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Thank you
I did contact them and I am waiting to hear back from .Thanks

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

I once was certified on CPR. The instruction was given by the local fire department personnel. One has to re-certify every two years and the cost (particularly when you do it in a group) was nominal (about $20 at the time).

I never had to use the skill but it does give you a good feeling that you are able to perhaps save someone's life one day. We got both the adult CPR training and the infant CPR training. I found it interesting that you cannot use the same technique on a baby as on an adult. If you did, you could burst the baby's lungs, so there is a special procedure for them.

Another interesting thing is they have this dummy to practice on. If you are successful in your technique, a light comes on in the dummy's chest indicating that it is "breathing with a heartbeat" again and you have saved its life. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Smeddy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

You may also want to contact the American Saftey and Health Institute (ASHI). Our organization has been an official training center for them for about a year now and have really enjoyed the experience. If you were in PA I would tell you to contact us to see about becoming an instructor - since we are currently hiring...

helen lee in Cary, North Carolina

63 months ago

Susie in Los Angeles, California said: I want to become a cpr instructor.Does anyone know what I have to do to become one? Susie

If you're want to be a CPR instructor,maybe the following
website is have some helps to you:

www.aedsupershopping.com

okfirstaid in Victoria, British Columbia

60 months ago

you can contact this great company in kelowna, and get training details or first aid courses,

Approved First aid Training Center - Kelowna BC Canada
www.okanaganfirstaid.com/

AlphaFlag in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Do yourself a huge favor, get trained with Heart Association first then add the others as you go along!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.