question about getting foot in a door at a daycare

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jess in East Hampton, Connecticut

48 months ago

I have a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary science. My question is whether I can work at a day care with this degree or would I have to get an ECE certificate. i would like to try out working in a daycare before I decide whether or not to get my Masters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Castle Rock, Colorado

41 months ago

Jess in East Hampton, Connecticut said: I have a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary science. My question is whether I can work at a day care with this degree or would I have to get an ECE certificate. i would like to try out working in a daycare before I decide whether or not to get my Masters

Hi Jess, Wow! You posted this a long time ago and so you have likely made your decision. You would need at least 3 to 5 3 unit classes in ECE in order to teach, but that is using your current 4 year degree as a shortcut. In our state, you need education and experience. If you use some time to work as an assistant while you complete a couple of ECE classes, you can decide which area suits you best. I know, I have a B.A. in English and have spent two years as a preschool teacher because I had experience, spent 1 year as an assistant and have taken two 3 unit ECE classes. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.