What are typical preschool teacher salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

K. Metz

85 months ago

Company financed preschools will pay the best, but most expect teachers with an extensive background and education. Teachers in my present school receive from $14.00-$20.00 an hour depending on whether they have just a Bachelors or a Masters degree. We don't hire anyone with just CDA credentials, but it's a good place to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Geegee in Greenville, South Carolina

74 months ago

Janet in Valencia, California said: As I'm sure you've heard the pay is not very good. Make sure you get your CDA and First Aid/CPR. Ask around regarding schools you'll be applying for. Your first impressions will tell you a lot. Good luck!

What is wrong with the Preschool Business? It needs better guidelines. Ask yourself can you teach all children? Do you know how to figure out their method of learning? Do you know the six basic objectives? What do the children need to know before entering Kindergarten? Do you understand assessment or observational analysis? Owners of these centers are in it for money if the care does not enhance emergent literacy. It is best to open your own day care to get better pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Yes, the CDA credential is very important. There are many different organizations that offer this option online. CDAClass.org is one option and is inexpensive and you can complete pretty fast too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Janet in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

Erica, You'll have no problem with employment in a daycare or preschool setting. Make sure you do your homework regarding what school you choose. Yahoo has daycare/preschool reviews. Also salary range can be huge depending on the school. I think we as preschool teachers have settled for horrible pay long enough! How many people can do our job AND do it well???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

loser in Melbourne, Florida

70 months ago

what is the pay for A preschool teacher ? when they frist start?:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

vidya in Newmarket, Ontario

69 months ago

loser in Melbourne, Florida said: what is the pay for A preschool teacher ? when they frist start?:

Iam going to attend an interview on 27th Nov for supply teacher for pre-school.
If they ask me for salary expectation what do u think i should expect?
My qualification is M.A. Bed and 13 years of experience as elementary school teacher in India. Worked in canada as ECE Assistant in 2002.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

I've been in a child care setting for 10 years. Although it is a rewarding career (in the right school), the pay is just low. I've considered finishing my degree, but for the small increase in pay it's not worth the time or expense for college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JEN in Port Clinton, Ohio

60 months ago

ecj in Trenton, Michigan said: jen: this is right up my alley. I am a career changer. Age 41. I want to start with my CDA and AD and work in Head Start at first - there are lot of positions for Assistant teachers in my area. I hope eventually to go on to get a bachelors and possibly a masters degree in special edcuation. It's hard because I am a single Mother . I know I will not make much at head start as an assistant teacher or even possibly a lead teacher. But it's all about the experience to me. As I said my eventual goal would be to work with special needs children in a preschool setting in a position as you described. My son has autism. He was in such a program several years ago. Then it was called PPI (pre-primary impaired) then. I think they go by ECP (early childhood program)now . They were wonderful. I imagine it was VERY challenging for teachers and assistants. But I do have the background with special needs and work with developmentally challenged children on a volunteer basis and serve on a board of directors for a nonprofit org that services special needs children. I have even homeschooled my son with special needs and loved it.

My only concern is my age and because I do have to take this in stepping-stones. CDA, then AD, the Bachelors. I cannot quit working to go school full-time. I wondered if anyone else has gotten a teaching degree this way as a nontraditional student.

I am glad to hear your son had a positive experience during his early education years. It sounds like you would be a perfect fit for special education! You would have an instant connection with your student's parents and you be able to share expereinces that you had with your son, with them. I am not sure how you are on computers, but I found that online classes are the best way to go if you are working full time. You don't have to drive to a campus, you can complete your coursework without leaving your home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sexy in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

60 months ago

who cares i am gay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

debbie

48 months ago

run, run, run, that is all that i can say. i have been in teaching for 20 years and the funding keeps getting slashed, there is not any long term security in this profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

48 months ago

frank did you move up to managememt at la petite. because i am there now and the only people who make that type of money are managers and people who have been there for years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

TIFFANY in San Rafael, California

47 months ago

Well...I read someone stating 7-8 an hour but that is DEFINITELY not right when that is below minimum wage (at least in Cali)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee

43 months ago

7-8 is not below minimum wage everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

preschool teacher in Harrison, Arkansas

43 months ago

marisole in Memphis, Tennessee said: 7-8 is not below minimum wage everywhere.

our center starts out teachers at 7.25 that is it. and NO its not right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shell in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

Mrs. Geegee in Greenville, South Carolina said: South Carolina's Child Development Centers need better guidelines. These businesses are run by people who have had no educational degrees, diplomas, or certificates. There need to be guidelines for the workers. Most Centers are run by high school graduates, or older long term people who had long term experiences. Their experiences are out-dated; however, their values are could be a hindrance or complimentry depending on the individual

This is so true! When I lived near Charleston, SC I stayed at home with my son. I toured several facilities- not even the in- home daycares and was not impressed! "Teachers" had maybe their GED's; had trouble reading the words from Toddler aged books; missing teeth; old buildings even the franchises such as Kindercare! So thankful we moved out of SC- many people are receiving a subpar education there and the black/white racism is still terrible there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sec in Show Low, Arizona

41 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

I believe that it depends on where you live. I know that at the center I work for it is the highest paid for where we live and provides benefits. I understand that not many mom and pop centers can do that. In Arizona you have to be 18 years of age, high school grad or ged, and 6 month experience in early childhood, to be a child care teacher. My guess for a Preschool Teacher with a Masters would be about 20/hour and that would be if the center is NAC or NAEYC. A piece of paper(college degree) doesn't mean you will be a good teacher, it is the person themselves and some have it, some don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Richmond, Virginia

38 months ago

I've been with my current company for 7 years and I thought that the pay wasn't great (less than 10 after 5 years, and only 10 dollars now because I have my CDL). Dissatisfied 2 years ago, I applied for nearby daycare positions. One offered me a position at 9.00 and another 8.75. This is, mind you, when I had current CPR/First Aid, a BS in Psychology, 7 years of experience, and 5 continuous years at one company. I was appalled at how little these companies offered. From friends that work at Primrose, some make great pay and some do not. Each Primrose school is a franchise (much like The Learning Experience, KinderCare, etc.) and therefore the owner sets the payscale. You may make 12 an hour at one center, while an equally qualified person at another center down the street will be making 10 (or less). It also depends on the area--Richmond pays more than my hometown, but there's a greater need for childcare here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sklieves in Spring Hill, Florida

38 months ago

I would say it depends on the area around Spring Hill and Brooksville, I have only been offerd $9 an hr and I have everything even a B.A. But if I drive to the south Land O Lakes or Lutz, they offer up to $13 an hour depending on the school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

diane in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

head start teacher make 14.00 a hour with an AAS in child development

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

schnarf5 in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

In pompano preschool teachers make $8.00 to $10.00 per hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CJFrau in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

36 months ago

I would like to have the CDA certificate. Do I need to take the 120 hours at a college? I have a B.A. with a minor in education but it is not exactly in early education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dagmary Glez in West Palm Beach, Florida

36 months ago

I want to know what is a VPK teacher CERTIFICATE? I have my 40 Hours and CDA Certificate but when I aplied for a VPK teacher position they asked me about that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Yes - what do the courses consist of? I was told I'd either have to have the CDA Certificate, and the 40 hours or be a licensed teacher with experience. It's kind of amazing to me- this job gets paid just above minimum wage yet the classes are over $1,000 to get... Ive worked in preschools before and have a lot of schooling already- I even have a bachelor's in social work and went through all the the LPN program in my early 20s but didn't repeat the last semester- found it too grueling to repeat after I put everything into it. Anyway- it used to be you could just walk in off the street a little over 10 years ago- when did they start requiring the cda? I think it's probably an excellant idea- I just find it amazing that preschool and nurses' aides now require one to study so hard and pay for fairly expensive tests yet those jobs are kind of at the bottom of the scale- I never think of people in those fields as making much money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CollegeGurl in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

36 months ago

I'm an assistant teacher with a Bright Horizons Family Solutions center. I find it hard to believe that teachers make less than $8 an hour. Here, in Alabama minimum wage is $7.25 and I make $9 an hour with no CDA, Associate's, or Bachelor's degree. I'm currently in college pursing a career in Early Childhood Education and I would hate to think overall my expected pay would be going DOWN if I pursued a preschool teaching position fulltime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Baltimore, Maryland

36 months ago

I'm going to college this fall for master's in early childhood education and currently volunteering at Early Head Start. A lot of people seem to be having a hard time with the low pay, it makes me wonder how much I would be receiving once I finish up my Master's. Any idea? Any feedback would be helpful. I love children and this is an important career change for me. Thanks so much! Excited yet nervous about graduate school!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota

36 months ago

i just enrolled in cda classes with cda.org currently i am an aide at a child care center and i started out at $10.00 an hour. it will go up when i finish classes. pay depends on experience and location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

preschool in Saratoga, California

36 months ago

After getting my B.A. I worked a bit in special ed for $17.25 an hour, I turned to preschool to supplement my income, my first year I was getting $15 per hr as a preschool teacher. During that time I went and got my CDA site supervisor permit. I quit to work for another preschool teaching position for $18.93/hr.

Stuff that helped me out... did an internship at a local community college child development center. took classes for ECE units.

Also, avoid working for big corporate preschools. They are in it for the money so you won't get paid well, rather look for high quality preschools where you will get paid better, learn high quality teaching methods that will help you in the long run.

Hope this helps out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

shayshay in Dayton, Ohio

35 months ago

I have an interview at kindercare in ohio tomorrow. I'm in college getting my bachelor's in education and i applied to be a teacher's assistant. Right now im in retail making only 7.47 an hr but i get at least 30hrs. I need to know how much they pay at kindercare because if it isn't significantly higher than the job i already have, i dont think i should take it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

MJohnson, I have to disagree with you. There are great preschool/day cares out there that "Get It", but they are few and far between. A lot of those franchise schools are mostly in it for the money. Many do not start off like that, but the owner (which usually has no clue about early childhood)becomes greedy. As harsh as it sounds, it's true. Many times will hire staff that will take $8-$9 an hour. I for one am passionate about my classroom and there aren't many people out there that could do what I do and do it well. Therefore, I think we are greatly underpaid and yes there are many owners that just want that big profit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Janelle in Orlando, Florida

35 months ago

I also wonder if it would be worth it to complete my Masters in Early Childhood Education. I'd like to be "highly qualified" but would I even get compensated for what I'm paying for grad school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

rosa15 in Olivehurst, California

35 months ago

wat is the lowest salary does a pre school teacher get paid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Baltimore, Maryland

35 months ago

I'm currently going to school for masters of education in early childhood and I'm interested in working with toddlers. My concern is I might not have a good chance in finding a job compared to people who have an associates or a BA in the field because people would rather pay less for someone with a lower degree. Any thoughts? From what I've seen, there aren't many teachers who work with toddlers that have their MA, they either have their 90 hour, associate and working toward Bachelors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

34 months ago

To Whom It May Concern:

Are you looking for an experienced person? I believe that my qualifications along with my drive and determination would make me an excellent full time candidate for your organization. Among my qualifications for your organization are the following:

Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts from Governors State University in December 2006.

Currently I am a member of the Illinois Army National Guard.

I have job experience in the field.

I have strong leadership, positive attitude, organizational skills, and good communication. I am able to motivate, develop, and lead a team of experienced people. Also, I have an understanding of a person’s needs. Furthermore, I have several dynamic approaches. Also, I am willing to relocate for the right career position.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we may organize a brief phone conference or possible interview. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss an open position and how I might fit into your organization. I will initiate a follow-up call to your Human Resources Department within the next 48 hours on the progress of this resume.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Email: tgpii@yahoo.com
Online Resume: www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
www.esgr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Anderson, South Carolina

34 months ago

Mrs. Geegee in Greenville, South Carolina said: South Carolina's Child Development Centers need better guidelines. These businesses are run by people who have had no educational degrees, diplomas, or certificates. There need to be guidelines for the workers. Most Centers are run by high school graduates, or older long term people who had long term experiences. Their experiences are out-dated; however, their values are could be a hindrance or complimentry depending on the individual

Yes these people should be removed because they appear to have no knowledge of what education is demanding now. I think they stay there because of the pay. The place where I work nothing has changed although the demand on higher learning is the primary focus. The curriculum needs to be changed, more structured to meet the demands of education in this century. The materials we have are not challenging enough. So yes these people need to move on and let people with updated education take charge. This is head start!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paula in Anderson, South Carolina

34 months ago

Yes these people should be removed because they appear to have no knowledge of what education is demanding now. I think they stay there because of the pay. The place where I work nothing has changed although the demand on higher learning is the primary focus. The curriculum needs to be changed, more structured to meet the demands of education in this century. The materials we have are not challenging enough. So yes these people need to move on and let people with updated education take charge. This is head start!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

34 months ago

To Whom It May Concern:

Are you looking for an experienced person? I believe that my qualifications along with my drive and determination would make me an excellent full time candidate for your organization. Among my qualifications for your organization are the following:

Earned Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts from Governors State University in December 2006.

Currently I am a member of the Illinois Army National Guard.

I have job experience in the field.

I have strong leadership, positive attitude, organizational skills, and good communication. I am able to motivate, develop, and lead a team of experienced people. Also, I have an understanding of a person’s needs. Furthermore, I have several dynamic approaches. Also, I am willing to relocate for the right career position.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we may organize a brief phone conference or possible interview. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss an open position and how I might fit into your organization. I will initiate a follow-up call to your Human Resources Department within the next 48 hours on the progress of this resume.

Sincerely,

Thomas
Email: tgpii@yahoo.com
Online Resume: www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
www.esgr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Ms.T in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

It depends if you work for a private establishment or a privately owned school. The private owners dont want to pay. It seems that some of those schools are just out to get paid. I agree with the other younglady if your philosophy is not the same it is very stressful. Because most of the private schools I worked for they hired a lot of teachers that are not educated or doesn't obtained a CDA or anything. They just look forward to collecting the money fromthe different government programs. iI don't know how some of these private schools are getting certified for these programs. I was recently working for this private school in Miami Shores. I was hired as Jr. Administravtive Assistant, instead after starting the job I ended up being the Lead VPK teacher, Bus Driver, and Afterschool Teacher. All expected for the salary of $10.00.I am certified VPK, Director's Credential and 45 college credits towards my Associate degree I deserve more. Only because the people previously employed was working but she knew she could get in trouble for hiring them. How can I one person fill all these positions without the pay. I tried it for a month but more and more responsibility became mine. I was responsible for training the other teachers that were not certified, create all classroom schedules, and classroom settings. I couldn't do it no more. Too much responsibility without the pay. Some of these schools are rediculous especially the private owners they are just in it for the money. Collecting checks and that's all. I'm planning to open my own facility that cares about my staff and the families I serve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

It used to be a few years ago one could walk into a preschool and get hired off the street. Now I called, and I have a bachelor's in social work, experience working with children in daycares, summer camp, public schools as a substitute teacher for over 6 years, and some college classes like child welfare, intro to education, educational psychology... cpr, nurses aide... they said that's not good enough- need more than just the 40 hrs required by the state- either need to be certified as a teacher, or take the classes that are like $1000 to $3000 to get certified in early education plus the 2 classes that give one the 40 hrs required... all for $10 an hr. Wow- it's starting to seem to me one must have either a master's degree or a phd in order to know you'll be able to get work.. or never change careers once youre in! (Can you tell I'm getting a bit discouraged looking for work? Most job ads require 3 yrs experience so I'm going to look back in social work). this is in southeast fla.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms.T in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

It's sad because they want you to get all this education and certifications when the pay stays the same. What I have found and Im certified and have all my certificates. Most these owners of the private daycares has none of the above and they are runnign a school. This is so unfair. I was recently working at a privtely owned school and the owner has hired a lotof teachers that has no education or certification and she expected to pay me the same as she paid them. Plus none of them had experience working in a shcool setting. I was working in positions taht I never applied for. I was the VPK teacher, BUs Driver, and Afterschool teacher. None of which I applied. Then she ave me the responsibilty of training the teachers and all school events. A bit much for $10 per hour. I quit because I felt I was being used. She had no compassion for the children or her staff. All she wanted was the money from the CDS program, VPK, and charging the parents $250 per week for the cash payers. She did nothiong for the school. All the money in her pocket. I believe teachers should be paid accoring to there level of education and experience. And the DCF inspectors need to check employee files when they go into these schools and stop being friends with the owners. Its sad because the children are not gonna be prpared for Kindergarten when they reach. Things have got to get better. Or this will be EPIC failed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Josie in Sacramento, California

33 months ago

Worked as a preschool teacher for 11 years. Wiped out my savings and any sense of financial security. You will forever more hustle for summer, baby sitting, dog sitting and tutoring gigs (with or without a degree). Basically, you will be subsidizing other people's need to work. Perhaps you are a dual income family or are independently wealthy..., in that case, go for it! I am a non-degreed teacher in a prestigious private pre-k to 6th grade school (5 years here) and take home $2000 a month with sub standard health insurance benefits. My gross hourly wage would be around 14/hour. Glad I don't have school loans on top of my dental and credit card payments. Right now I rely on school lunch leftovers and school snacks for nutrition. GOOD-LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kellie in Woodstock, Georgia

31 months ago

It really depends if its a corp ran place. Also it depends on location.
I know a gal who drives 32 miles to be a director of a preschool that means they must have given her better pay than her area. I myself applied to be a preschool receptionist I told them 9.50 to 10.00 would be the lowest. I know I did not ask too much for the ave receptionist makes 9.50 to 13.00 and hour to start in other business.
I called a few places in Aug they said they would start a person 9.50 at the least poss more depending on school etc. They said they started many as high as 10.00 an hour. I know someone who landed a job with a BS in secondary ed, first/ aid & CPR and has past experience in a preschool yrs ago. THEY LANDED 11.00 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cristy in Federal Way, Washington

29 months ago

John Boy in Lutz, Florida said: 14-20 an hour? I find that hard to believe. Places like Primrose, Kids R' Kids, LaPetite, etc. pay 7-8. You must be dreaming.

I am going for a job doing this working with pre-schoolers and there pay is 12-14hr to start...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

educator in Marietta, Georgia

29 months ago

Well I work for a place now that is paying me 11.00 an hour but I like to slit my own throat. Because preschools and daycare have changed in the last 20 yrs and I am shocked. I should have gotten a part time Job for 9.50 to 10.00 ans phones. Because right now I am being attacked and set up fro a fall.I should have stayed on UI and preschool be the last thing when UI dried up.I cannot believe it managers do not support staff, kids are being bullied hit everyday and I write up a few write ups a week But I am not allowed to talk to parents. They hired 3 of us in Jan and now they cannot afford us!!Said they need to get some young gals in there for 9.00 an hour. they play game with your hours Yeah they start you at 40 hrs a week then the games begin come in sit for an hour then CLCOK In not enough kids is WRONG!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tyra of Miami

29 months ago

That had happened to me in the last four months. One school hired me as the assistant director. I ended up being the VPK teacher, afterschool teacher, and bus driver. She fired all the staff and only paid me one salary. I got hired at another school as the Lead VPK teacher. They never paid me the proper salary. Kids Haven Academy. I git a check for $133. They said the held 2 weeks. The next pay period my check was $355 for 80hour work week at $10per hr. Then when I left they told me they didn't owe me two weeks. I'm noticing a lot of the private daycares are just collecting money for their survival. They don't have qualified educated staff workers. They are not paying staff. This is sad. What kind of education are these children receiving in their most important years. It's a shame and they want to cut funding for education. In Florida. I feel sorry for the kids growing up in this day and age. I just want to know how are these school licensed and the staff has never been to school. Sad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wandrmccullars in Lake City, Florida

28 months ago

diane in Houston, Texas said: head start teacher make 14.00 a hour with an AAS in child development

Head Start teachers here do NOT make that much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

17 months ago

Yes, it is hard to live even a bit past comfortable with a preschool salary. I have my B.S. degree in Education for 6 years now-and about 4 years as Lead Prek Teacher. We are def in it for the love of what we do! :D I am specially in it for getting to do something meaningful each day and also the freedom along with preK teaching. As opposed to corporate where it seems everyone is competing for a higher title... and doing what someoone higher up tells you, etc. :/ I feel I am my own boss with preschool teaching. I was just beginning at a new preschool that paid very well ($15/hour + great benefits) and I ended up having health issues- so now settling again for very low pay even as a Lead Teacher... but I def can only see myself in Education... I guess I'd rather live on a budget than have a meaningless gig in corporate you know? It is tough though when your friends all take glorious vaycays to Aruba and you can't afford groceries ha ha!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gayle in Tucson, Arizona

9 months ago

I am 19 years old, I have my C.O.P as well as C.D.A in Early Childhood development as well as my fingerprint card and CPR/First Aid card. I would like to apply at a daycare setting such as maybe KinderCare, I have a question as to how much would I expect to be paid with what certificates I have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland

8 months ago

I really think that you should check this site. You will learn a lot from here:
mykindergarten.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.