NO MORE JOB SECURITY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

david.caddy@paonlin.com in Etters, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

In 2004 I worked two press operator jobs in the Harrisburg PA area one at $19.50 an hour and one at $17.00 an hour. I started at 6:00am and finished the second job at 7:00pm. Now I am a press room manager for the a company now for 3 years making less than either of those two salaries and my medical has been taken away over a year ago and my pay checks are 3 weeks behind. Almost every associate my age are no longer in this profession.....I dont see any future in the Printing Industry ! 865

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Newnan, Georgia

35 months ago

sorry I disagree with you i work at a print shop in atlanta as a assistant for 2 years now i make 18 a hour which is top pay..printing is doing good in GA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

david.caddy@paonline.com in Etters, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

unknown in Newnan, Georgia said: sorry I disagree with you i work at a print shop in atlanta as a assistant for 2 years now i make 18 a hour which is top pay..printing is doing good in GA

wait things have gotten worse - now im forced to work at walmart and any printing job i can find part time

thanks to this same company i ended up 14 weeks behind on pay and the owner was turned in to the labor board only to have them force him to pay us at least minimum wage, wow what a blow

three printing companies i have been helping out are all closed now and now soon to be a forth and fifth is the one i am currently getting screwed by

the art of four color process press operations are terribly fading

OH YEA - HOW ABOUT THIS GEORGIA
WE ARE CURRENTLY PRINTING A QUARTLY MAGAZINE CALLED STREET REPORT OUT OF GEORGIA and when i asked them why arent you having this printed in GEORGIA they said the pricing and quality is very poor there..................

unknown in Newnan, Georgia

34 months ago

that means nothing, just hearsay hope it goes good for you tho

JB in Fairfield, Ohio

2 months ago

There seems to be somewhat of a division in Printing. The companies who have invested in newer digital technology and those who have not. The ones who have are thriving because run sizes have gotten smaller and they can pay someone $8-$10hr to basically run an over-sized copier. Printing is closer to no longer being a skilled trade. Couple that with so many out of work Pressman, that those seeking them are not willing to pay the once decent wage they used to.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.