Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are typical press operator salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Rich in Flemington, NJ

100 months ago

The salaries vary greatly.With a trend in attitudes toward pressmen that, "anyone can do it, since presses today are so advanced" Well I'm old school having done this for twenty years. I'm good and I won't work cheap. Know what your worth and don't settle for less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Crystal Lake, Illinois

77 months ago

Real talent is getting harder & harder to find. Smart companies will take care of their pressmen because they know their value.
Employers who try and cut corners with wages and benefits should be avoided at all costs ... Their customers don't get something for nothing why should they?
Chicago area "non union" web pressmen earn over $32 per hour and up, depending on the equipment they are running.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

Jim in Crystal Lake, Illinois said: Real talent is getting harder & harder to find. Smart companies will take care of their pressmen because they know their value.
Employers who try and cut corners with wages and benefits should be avoided at all costs ... Their customers don't get something for nothing why should they?
Chicago area "non union" web pressmen earn over $32 per hour and up, depending on the equipment they are running.

I was employed with Dow Jones & Company (Lead Pressman) printing The Wall Street Journal for 29 years. The Orlando facility (non-union)closed last month. Would like to stay in printing and am willing to relocate but there doesn't appear to be much out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ramon f. rios in Bradenton, Florida

55 months ago

Ive been a press operator for 30 years ,and have seen a lot of changes .There does seem to be a trend in the industry to hire low wage with little expereance and have an expereanced operator running his butt off putting out fires caused from the inexpereanced operators that are pushed to run the presses wide open regardless of common sense and quality issues!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.